12% 

SourceTV -- Remove from Player List Selection

Post New Thread Reply   

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-03-2008 , 18:11   SourceTV -- Remove from Player List Selection
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I think I have encountered an item that might be interesting to those responsible for SM and those to 3rd party plugins authors. After a chat with a Sbans developer, it seemed clear for my specific situation I could make a request of the individual plugin authors. However, before doing so, it seemed maybe more eyes could see this and possibly provide a better direction if there is one.

I have a TF2 server and we at times have the SourceTV on, therefore the bot shows up in Spectate. This issue came about as we have recently implemented SourceBans and Custom Votes. When an admin reviews the player list, the SourceTV bot is listed (i.e., you can kick or ban that slot). The same thing occurs when someone issues votekick or voteban, SourceTV bot appears in the player list for which to select. I'm not sure if the same occurs for Teamswitch. Prior to implementation of Sbans and Custom Votes, the SourceTV Bot was not in the player list asfaik.

Our first thought was to attempt to make the BOT immune by IP. However, that is not a feature in Sbans admin manager assuming to ability to add the game server IP w/ high immunity. Therefore, we were at an impasse with the current plugins as mentioned for this case. The developer was kind enough to determine that this issue could be handled in Sbans specifically with a new feature. Code to the following effect:

Code:
AddTargetsToMenu2(menu, client, COMMAND_FILTER_NO_BOTS|COMMAND_FILTER_CONNECTED);
But maybe this is a general issue for SM, as the above example would then have myself or others make similar feature requests of ALL other plugins that consequently included the SourceTV slot in the player list.

Would it be more of a generic item for SM itself (I have no idea what this would mean) to incorporate?

Or if this really is something each individual plugin needs to do (code above), assuming the respective authors agree, should incorporate?

I apologize if any of my interpretation is incorrect, so please correct me.

Thanks for reading!
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 11-04-2008 , 18:06   Re: SourceTV -- Remove from Player List Selection
Reply With Quote #2

*coughs* That developer would be me. Nice to get some credit

Anyway, I thought I explained it well enough, but yes, it's a plugin issue, so every plugin writer will have to incorporate it themselves. But it's good to make people aware of AddTargetsToMenu2 vs AddTargetsToMenu.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-05-2008 , 11:29   Re: SourceTV -- Remove from Player List Selection
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Tsunami View Post
*coughs* That developer would be me. Nice to get some credit

Anyway, I thought I explained it well enough, but yes, it's a plugin issue, so every plugin writer will have to incorporate it themselves. But it's good to make people aware of AddTargetsToMenu2 vs AddTargetsToMenu.
I've got some cough medicine.

Sorry man. I wasn't trying to NOT give you credit. Honestly I wasn't sure if wanted to be named. Apologies.

I'll put in a request at least to the plugins this effects. Seems odd not many other people have brought about this annoyance. Maybe not many people use SourceTV then, which would make sense.