Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SM built in mySQL - you using it?

Post New Thread Reply   

MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-25-2008 , 13:21   Re: SM built in mySQL - you using it?
Reply With Quote #11

I appreciate everyone commenting on the various ways to use a SQL or SQLlite database. I’m aware of those methods (i.e., php, etc.) as well as data that can be instilled of them (i.e., admin permissions, stats, etc.). These items that people chose to comment are not helping me to become familiar with what the great, and flexible SourceMod program already provides. I am so appreciative of how much customization is possible w/ the Source engine when using an AddOn such as SourceMod. This is the primary reason I chose to implement it on our TF2 server. Having said that, I’d like to be more explicit or clear about what I’m asking help about.
  • I have taken the time to learn about SM via the Wiki documentation. It says how to install and configure the AddOn. It even explains the accompanying plugins available for use if the user decides (i.e., RTV, mapchooser, randommap, etc.).
  • One section in particular is configuring server admin and permission. There are a few ways to do this. Using the SIMPLE method (one file to manipulate), a DETAILED method (more levels), and SQL method (uses SQL or Lite).
  • The SQL Admins method for SM can use the SQL-Lite database that is INCLUDED upon installation. A mySQL DB has to be provided separately and setup per the instructions within the Databases.CFG file.
  • In addition to No. 3, SM comes w/ plugins specifically for Admin setup of a mySQL DB called -- sql-admin-manager.smx, admin-sql-prefetch.smx, and admin-sql-threaded.smx. You must choose either prefetch or threaded, but not both. Furthermore, depending on your skill level, a user can decide to use the SCRIPT for creating the tables. There is also a SCRIPT similar of the SQL-Lite DB.
Having said the above, and to revisit the basis of my intial post, I’m interested to know if any users of SM have implemented a mySQL or SQL-Lite using the SM SQL Admins plugins and scripts??? If you have, would you be willing to share w/ me your setup so that I could use it for my setup??? Preferably for TF2, but it probably will not matter.

Thanks very much!
Scuzzy
Old 03-26-2008 , 12:10   Re: SM built in mySQL - you using it?
Reply With Quote #12

I have done this with mySQL and TF2

I will help you.

Please answer the following questions:
What version of mySQL did you install?
Do you have Query Browser access to this mySQL database?
Are you familiar with the query language SQL?
Scuzzy
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-27-2008 , 02:37   Re: SM built in mySQL - you using it?
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
I have done this with mySQL and TF2

I will help you.

Please answer the following questions:
What version of mySQL did you install?
Do you have Query Browser access to this mySQL database?
Are you familiar with the query language SQL?
Scuzzy
Thanks very much Suzzy.

I am awaiting my GSP to install mySQL, which will probably be the latest version.
I don't believe I will be able to query with a browser (e.g., phpmyadmin). I believe my only access will be console, like using HLSW.
No, I'm not familiar. Just a few commands I've seen thrown around.
Scuzzy
Old 03-27-2008 , 22:57   Re: SM built in mySQL - you using it?
Reply With Quote #14

When you get mySQL installed let us know.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-05-2008 , 03:51   Re: SM built in mySQL - you using it?
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
When you get mySQL installed let us know.
Hello Suzzy,

I have mysql in place. It is remote from the server though. I might just try to get it to connect first and then see what you have in mind for assisting me.

Hope to hear from you, thanks