Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

player

Post New Thread Reply   

veliflst
Old 11-28-2019 , 15:25   player
Reply With Quote #1

Last edited by veliflst; 08-06-2020 at 15:47.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 11-30-2019 , 08:43   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #2

This is out of context. We don't know who your host is, what he's done to your server.cfg nor what plugins you are trying to use. We don't know what SmileY has done, nor where that plugin request is. If you wanted SmileY to help you with this, then you should've sent him a Private Message or contact him through any source he's provided.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:47
veliflst
This message has been deleted by veliflst.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2019 , 12:40   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #3

Posting such redundant details, as if your language skills and paragraphs aren't bad enough for me or anyone to be confused that you're requesting something as simple as that over something a lot more complex in which we need to investigate throughout the useless details along with your slacky attitude will waste a lot more of anyone's time than you've ever imagined.

Just post your request in detail and only include details that are necessary for us to be able to help you. Don't create novels.

Last edited by redivcram; 12-01-2019 at 12:44.
Old 12-01-2019, 13:41
veliflst
ZaX
Old 12-02-2019 , 05:21   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by redivcram View Post
This is out of context. We don't know who your host is, what he's done to your server.cfg nor what plugins you are trying to use. We don't know what SmileY has done, nor where that plugin request is. If you wanted SmileY to help you with this, then you should've sent him a Private Message or contact him through any source he's provided.
Is that what you understood from his post? LOL.
As I understood he said he wants a log when player connects to his server and when disconnects. He also said Smiley helped him with old request.
The host I guess just turned on the logs in server.cfg [log on]
^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 06:49   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #5

Jesus christ, that is the dificculty to try to write a plugin that someone requested?
PHP Code:
#include <amxmodx>

new g_szLogName[MAX_NAME_LENGTH];

public 
plugin_cfg()
{

register_plugin("Join / Leave Log",AMXX_VERSION_STR,"SmileY");

formatex(g_szLogName,charsmax(g_szLogName),"Players_%i.log",get_systime());
}

public 
client_connectex(id,const szName[],const szIP[],szReason[128])
{
    new 
szAuth[MAX_AUTHID_LENGTH];

get_user_authid(id,szAuth,charsmax(szAuth));

log_to_file(g_szLogName,"[%s [%s] %s] Connected!",szName,szIP,szAuth);
}

public 
client_disconnected(id,bool:bDrop,szMsg[])
{
    new 
szName[MAX_NAME_LENGTH];

get_user_name(id,szName,charsmax(szName));

new 
szIP[MAX_IP_WITH_PORT_LENGTH];

get_user_ip(id,szIP,charsmax(szIP));

new 
szAuth[MAX_AUTHID_LENGTH];

get_user_authid(id,szAuth,charsmax(szAuth));

log_to_file(g_szLogName,"[%s %s %s] (%s) Disconnected!",szName,szIP,szAuth,szMsg);

Ps. Not Tested

- See my Git Hub: https://github.com/SmileYzn
PHP Code:
set_pcvar_num(pCvar, !get_pcvar_num(pCvar)); 

Last edited by ^SmileY; 12-02-2019 at 06:54.
Send a message via MSN to ^SmileY Send a message via Skype™ to ^SmileY
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 07:16   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaX View Post
Is that what you understood from his post? LOL.
As I understood he said he wants a log when player connects to his server and when disconnects. He also said Smiley helped him with old request.
The host I guess just turned on the logs in server.cfg [log on]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ^SmileY View Post
Jesus christ, that is the dificculty to try to write a plugin that someone requested?
Helping individuals with their threads to make them more readable and understandable is something you really shouldn't take as an offense. I may not have to or do not want to post the solution, but I can and will post suggestions to improve the question/request for others to take it easy and fully understand the problem.

OP posted lots of pointless details about who did what in the past instead of just the important part, which lead me to confusion to believe that I'm supposed to guess that there was something else done by that individual mentioned along with his highlighted details in request, in which it is possible that OP was supposed to mention those details, but did not.

There is no difficulty in solving the problem, I could've posted the solution, but I refused after OP blatantly and defensively denied my critics towards his post. I do understand that English is not our native language, but that doesn't mean that you should be offended by suggestions and improvements. The more you demand the less likely you will get your solution.

You don't see this often as Moderators are not as active as they used to be long ago. They would do the same because they tend to help people most of the time. That does not stop non-moderators from doing so, however.

The point of doing so is to teach something valuable while preventing the same kind of confusion or any conflict for others when reading any other problem in the future if motivated enough to help. If I didn't care about your problem at all, I wouldn't even bother posting any of this philosophy or anything at all.

You got your answer. I never said you will never get it. But, you've posted on a forum. A place where everyone can gather and communicate. Those motivated to help you have the right to critic your question when there is not enough context behind it. Those who are not motivated to help will ignore your threads because of how you construct them and the chances to get your answer drops significantly. There aren't many SmileYs around as you'd expect. Instead of being defensive and bumping empty topics while wondering why no one would help, in the future, learn how to ask a question and take critics in a positive manner.
^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 07:42   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Helping individuals with their threads to make them more readable and understandable is something you really shouldn't take as an offense. I may not have to or do not want to post the solution, but I can and will post suggestions to improve the question/request for others to take it easy and fully understand the problem.

OP posted lots of pointless details about who did what in the past instead of just the important part, which lead me to confusion to believe that I'm supposed to guess that there was something else done by that individual mentioned along with his highlighted details in request, in which it is possible that OP was supposed to mention those details, but did not.

There is no difficulty in solving the problem, I could've posted the solution, but I refused after OP blatantly and defensively denied my critics towards his post. I do understand that English is not our native language, but that doesn't mean that you should be offended by suggestions and improvements. The more you demand the less likely you will get your solution.

You don't see this often as Moderators are not as active as they used to be long ago. They would do the same because they tend to help people most of the time. That does not stop non-moderators from doing so, however.

The point of doing so is to teach something valuable while preventing the same kind of confusion or any conflict for others when reading any other problem in the future if motivated enough to help. If I didn't care about your problem at all, I wouldn't even bother posting any of this philosophy or anything at all.

You got your answer. I never said you will never get it. But, you've posted on a forum. A place where everyone can gather and communicate. Those motivated to help you have the right to critic your question when there is not enough context behind it. Those who are not motivated to help will ignore your threads because of how you construct them and the chances to get your answer drops significantly. There aren't many SmileYs around as you'd expect. Instead of being defensive and bumping empty topics while wondering why no one would help, in the future, learn how to ask a question and take critics in a positive manner.
Don't worry or reply thread if you think all these things. It is a free forum.
Not all people can talk in english using a correct context bro.
Also i guess 60% of users or more, no more than 15 years old to made correct post.

No offense but, for this people the only "Pseudo" solution can be a code, even if turn log on is the correct solution. Is the way he author of topic think.

PHP Code:

Last edited by ^SmileY; 12-02-2019 at 07:43.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2019 , 07:43   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ^SmileY View Post
Don't worry or reply thread if you think all these things. It is a free forum.
Not all people can talk in english using a correct context bro. Also i guess 60% of users or more,
no more than 15 years old to made correct post.

No offense but, for this people the only "Pseudo" solution can be a code, even if turn log on is the correct solution. Is the way he author of topic think
While I completely agree with you, I also believe that rules should be regulated here.
instinctpt1
Old 12-02-2019 , 13:42   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
While I completely agree with you, I also believe that rules should be regulated here.
Agreed ! If someone is making a request, context should always be polite
Old 12-03-2019, 23:19
veliflst
^SmileY
Veteran Member
Old 12-04-2019 , 07:27   Re: log show player join n leave
Reply With Quote #10

change MAX_NAME_LENGTH constant to 32

PHP Code:
Old 12-04-2019, 13:25
veliflst