12% 

[TF2] TFDodgeball

Post New Thread Reply   

HoundDawg
Old 05-26-2010 , 10:09   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusx View Post
i'll change the prefix for db_ to tfdb_ at the next compilation of map, maps are available on the server now and fully functionnal .
FYI, you don't have to re-compile a map to change the name. A simple file rename works.

Quote:
can you explain me either what is the meaning of adding tfdb_ instead of db_ on the map listing, i don't get it^^ ?
Because there are 2 separate TF2 dodgeball efforts and both db_ and dbs_ map prefixes have been in use by the voogru's dodgeball mod for over a year now. By having a unique prefix for this new open-source dodgeball (which is actually different than voogru's original dodgeball) it avoids confusion on which maps go with which dodgeball mod.
marcusx
Old 05-26-2010 , 14:46   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #92

Maps updated

tfdb_castle_rc2
tfdb_tennis_b2

Last edited by marcusx; 05-26-2010 at 16:15.
SatlaN
Old 05-26-2010 , 16:06   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusx View Post
tfdb_castle_rc2
tfdb_tennis_b2

I fixed your links
yellowblood
Old 05-26-2010 , 16:17   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #94

asherkin, the new update is awesome, I love how I can control the turning.

Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other. It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground.

One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I?

You're doing a great, great job, thank you (from all of the Israeli community).

oh, and about my maps, I agree with your decision. Hoping for a better solution to these cvars.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-27-2010 , 07:40   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #95

dodgeball_spacearena_b6 skybox leaks so you can't play the map without everything blurring... The texture mustn't have been included or something.

db_tennis_b2 - The blue rockets on this map just fire straight into the wall, whats up with that? Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time

Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-27-2010 , 09:33   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #96

for spacearena rcon sv_skyname (either hl2 or tf2) http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Sky_List then rejoin game
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-27-2010 , 09:57   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
Although, as I said earlier in this thread, rockets should aim higher in the first few milliseconds, to avoid an expected collide with the ground among other.
There's an issue with the code designed to 'delay' a think not working, if it's ever fixed or I implement some timing code, it'll be added.

Quote:
It's fairly easy to destroy the game now by reflecting all of your rockets to the ground.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobagan View Post
Oh and I had a problem with people being able to avoid the rockets, then the rockets would just endlessly circle around the player... can that be fixed?
Just increase sm_dodgeball_turnrate a little bit, 0.4 create's spiralling rings of doom if you can manage to dodge a rocket at all.

Quote:
One more thing would be the random target, but I can't be so demanding now can I?
First a little info on how it now works. When a rocket has an invalid target, i.e. it's just spawned, right after airblast, current target died with another rocket, etc. , it latches on to the nearest player and stays targeting then as long as they are 'valid'. This is different from the old system that used to constantly look for a better target.
This generally appears to have solved most of the issues that were created with people 'griefing' by running forwards to snag a few rockets and then running past the other players. It's not particularly simple to implement a 'nice' random system, I'll see if just iterating the clients will work, but I do think that'll have issues.
Just have to see what I come up with! If/when it does get added, it will be default off, as there are maps that work based on the fact it's harder the closer to the spawner you are (castle, for instance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbobagan View Post
Also, shouldn't only 1 rocket fire, not hundreds at a time... Its supposed to be tennis... in tennis you don't have 500 balls on the court at one time
As you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.
Old 05-27-2010 , 11:33   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #98

Hi,

First, thank you for this amazing mod !
Second, I've a little question :

Does the rocket have the same direction than the "info_target" of the map ?
(i.e. in tennis for instance, if I turn the blue "info_target", does the blue rockets will be spawned with an orientable angle ?)
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-27-2010 , 11:41   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #99

Yes, they are initially spawned facing, and propelled towards, the direction in which the info_target's angles point.
Old 05-27-2010 , 14:01   Re: [TF2] TFDodgeball
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
As you may have noticed reading the thread, there is no way for map authors to specify the dodgeball settings for their map built-in yet.
Strange, some maps I played (like baseball) only fired one rocket at a time.