12% 

xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 08-20-2008 , 06:19   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by --==DarK-Wisper==-- View Post
Bored to read all whi don't u say it SHORT? mabie someone is busy and bored of all this reading and wasting all his tim on a plugin... Just keep it simple!
how hard is it to keep all simple! say like... in a text say important stuff and not miles and miles of usless stuff
ok i'll try to say it short and simple, so that even you understand:
to keep people like you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOR View Post
It's a non-simple plugin for non-simple people who want more than only some simple features. If this is not what you want, that's ok. Then just move along.
how would you explain excel to someone in one sentence? or even windows? how would a short explanation look that is enough so that someone who is new to computers would work with every feature windows offers?
a complex program needs complex explanations. when you want something more simple you are just wrong here. but then why did you need to submit this useless post? go troll elsewhere...

Last edited by xOR; 08-20-2008 at 06:24.
--==DarK-Wisper==--
Old 08-20-2008 , 06:34   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I am tired to read all this! if u are looking for plugins and u read all the descriptions how long would it take?? Answer is simple! Forever! So, just explain the important thing! OK is hard i know but exactly what that person needs to understand how to configure XREDIRECT! not all the Windows in 1 forum or site or whatever.... just the important matter!!
And i am NOT a noob i am looking for plugins JUST plugins. IF i was looking for an lesson of Windows or Xcell or Word i would pay attention at school!
Thank You
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 08-20-2008 , 12:05   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

It sounds to be useless to explain you anything of it. How should anyone know what is important for you, and what not. Every part of the instructions is nessessary if you want to configure xredirect correctly.
If you don't want to read all of it, it is your problem, neigter ours, nor of the plugin itself. It is just you beeing lazy.

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 08-23-2008 , 18:55   xREDIRECT - 1.0.1 beta released

xREDIRECT v1.0.1 beta has been released. don't bother updating if you already got 1.0 stable running and don't have slot issues.

the new version includes a very small change to the code that only takes effect when the plugin is run in debug mode - so in plugins.ini put "debug" behind the plugin name, so that the line that loads xredirect looks like this:
Code:
xredirect-beta.amxx debug
after you have restarted the server xREDIRECT will start logging some information about the slot and redirect situation. you can either read that in the server console or in the newest file in /amxx/logs. for those with slot problems post these lines here and hopefully i'll see what the problem could be.
Old 08-24-2008 , 10:39   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Manual Redirect ( say /server ) is not working for me

When I'm connecting to other server by command /server
the plugin giving to dod only port to connect.

From console:

Connecting to :27015..

IP in the serverlist.ini is correctly because server is not (down) in list.
and cvar nomanual is set to 0.
Old 08-24-2008 , 11:10   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Post your serverlist.ini

xOR
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2008 , 20:32   xREDIRECT - xServerList

i am currently working on a program called xServerList. it will make editing the server list file easier by providing a simple interface for it that has inbuilt error checking. now i have reached a point where i think it is good enough to let people have a first glance at it and maybe point out bugs or suggest features we can add to the roadmap.

people who are having problems with the menu or serverlist (Is3?) can also use this tool to validate their serverlist.ini - it will report problems along with the line number in the file so it can help debugging.

while that will change later currently it's only a simple .exe file - it has been programmed in C#, you need at least the .NET Framework 2.0 to be able to run it. it does not need to be installed in a special location - just put it where you want and run it from there. until now i have only tested it on Windows Vista x64. i think it will run in Windows XP without problems. in theory it should also run on Windows 2000 and Linux (with Mono) but i guess some things have to be taken care of before that theory becomes true. i am happy about any compatibility reports...

i think for later versions when it is more stable and clean i will release the source code along with the binary releases, although i did not make a final decision about that yet. if you are particularly interested in the current source code already, drop me a mail or PM and i might send it to you.

so check it out and help me finding any errors or by suggesting features. use the menu to load a serverlist.ini file and there you go. to edit, add or remove servers just make a right click in the list. for editing you can also double click a server.
here is also a screenshot (click to show a larger picture):
Attached Files
File Type: zip xServerList.zip (45.1 KB, 8277 views)

Last edited by xOR; 01-17-2010 at 08:58. Reason: added screenshot
Is3
Old 08-26-2008 , 06:10   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

I found a solution

I'm using IP internal and external.

When I'm using internal ip 10.x.x.x there is a problem with manual redirect,
when I use external 193.x.x.x manual redirect working fine.
Old 08-26-2008 , 12:10   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Is3 View Post
I found a solution

I'm using IP internal and external.

When I'm using internal ip 10.x.x.x there is a problem with manual redirect,
when I use external 193.x.x.x manual redirect working fine.
how do you control which IP you use? you leave the address empty? this, of course, won't work...address always has to be set. localaddress can only additionally be set.
Veteran Member
Old 08-26-2008 , 18:32   Re: xREDIRECT - server redirect menu

5 downloads for xServerList so far. not much, but even less if i get no feedback from it.
please test it and help me improving it by making suggestions here or pointing out bugs. in the end this software is meant to make managing the serverlist.ini easier for you!

Last edited by xOR; 08-26-2008 at 18:49.
Closed Thread