Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

New Roadmap

Post New Thread Reply   

BAILOPAN
Old 10-30-2007 , 20:14   New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #1

We'd like to announce that SourceMod 1.0.0 is now "release candidate" quality instead of beta. We will be making an official stable release within the next 2-3 weeks. In the meantime, if you discover any bugs, please post them on the bug tracker.

We have also introduced a new roadmap. Our goal is to limit each release to a small number of reports with a balanced difficulty distribution. This will let us maintain a fast-paced release cycle while still adding new features to each release.

The roadmap is not set in stone. However, it's impossible to appease everyone; if you seen your favorite report bumped to a future release, don't get upset. If we tried to do every report for each release, we'd never have any releases ;)

While new branches are in development, bug fixes (depending on severity or release ETA) may be ported to previous branches. Thus, releases for earlier versions may come up while new versions are in development. Nightly builds for the trunk branch will always continue.

Each final release will have a graphical installer, similar in functionality to AMX Mod X/Metamod:Source, that can upload via FTP or install locally. Likely, the installer will appear in nightly builds as well.

I think that's it. Remember, the window is closing for 1.0.0 bugs. If you know of a bug, be it a crash, display typo, or functionality error, please report it!
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2007 , 22:01   Re: New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #2

this just keeps getting better and better, i might get you beer or was it cheeze cake?
Old 10-31-2007 , 00:37   Re: New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #3

Cake! :-)
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2007 , 12:15   Re: New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
Each final release will have a graphical installer, similar in functionality to AMX Mod X/Metamod:Source, that can upload via FTP or install locally. Likely, the installer will appear in nightly builds as well.
Oooo nice idea, I found the adminmod installer script well handy and the foxbots version also handy too! But that was with windows ;-)

BTW I thought we were at Version 1 now already!

Matt
Old 11-03-2007 , 17:03   Re: New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #5

What about translations? When can we start to translate it to other languages than english?
Send a message via MSN to Sup_R_m@N
BAILOPAN
Old 11-03-2007 , 20:56   Re: New Roadmap
Reply With Quote #6

That is a good point, we will make an announcement about that in a few days.