Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)

Post New Thread Reply   

xioSlayer
Old 12-15-2011 , 15:24   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon-1 View Post
Alright thanks for that.

Btw, I don't suppose you know how to configure this to spawn (via the prop list menu) usable 50.Cal and Minigun positions ? Cause when someone suggested I put this into the stripper, it does create one, but it's not usable.
I can do so via a weapons plugin, but I want it them to be saved along with the other props so they can spawn at the start of the map.

Code:
{
"origin" "1664 564 416"
"updatechildren" "0"
"StartDisabled" "0"
"spawnflags" "0"
"solid" "6"
"SetBodyGroup" "0"
"rendermode" "0"
"renderfx" "0"
"rendercolor" "255 255 255"
"renderamt" "255"
"RandomAnimation" "0"
"pressuredelay" "0"
"PerformanceMode" "0"
"model" "models/w_models/weapons/50cal.mdl"
"MinPitch" "-25"
"MinAnimTime" "5"
"MaxYaw" "65"
"MaxPitch" "50"
"MaxAnimTime" "10"
"glowcolor" "0 0 0"
"fadescale" "1"
"fademindist" "-1"
"ExplodeRadius" "0"
"ExplodeDamage" "0"
"disablereceiveshadows" "0"
"body" "0"
"angles" "0 90 0"
"classname" "prop_mounted_machine_gun"
"hammerid" "593162"
}
I've currently been fixing up this plugin and adding new features, like weapon spawns, item spawns, dynamic/breakable worklights, prop selection commands for simpler editing, and a fire escape command that pre-assembles fire escapes with a specified amount of 'floors' and parents them so you can move/rotate them as one entity. I will try to add this turret feature if I get a chance, then i'll post up the new version.

My version of Object Spawner only supports the plugins built-in save method, but it will be backwards compatible with your old paths saved using this method. If someone else would like to update this to support Routing or Stripper file types that would be fine.

Last edited by xioSlayer; 12-15-2011 at 15:34.
Recon-1
Old 12-28-2011 , 20:05   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post
I've currently been fixing up this plugin and adding new features, like weapon spawns, item spawns, dynamic/breakable worklights, prop selection commands for simpler editing, and a fire escape command that pre-assembles fire escapes with a specified amount of 'floors' and parents them so you can move/rotate them as one entity. I will try to add this turret feature if I get a chance, then i'll post up the new version.

My version of Object Spawner only supports the plugins built-in save method, but it will be backwards compatible with your old paths saved using this method. If someone else would like to update this to support Routing or Stripper file types that would be fine.
Thanks man, this was a great plugin. It's a shame that the original creator was given the boot and this was left without any future use. But hopefully you can restore it to it's former glory. I don't suppose you'll also try and continue his other plugin "Exploding Cars" ?
xioSlayer
Old 12-29-2011 , 06:38   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #143

This picture is showing the fire escape command. It parents all the escapes to the bottom one so they can be moved/rotated as one. (NOTE: fire escapes will only be traversable if you keep them at right angles. use "sm_prop_setang 0 0 0" then adjust the horizontal rotation in 90 degree increments.)

Object Spawner version updated by xio (with huge thanks to honorcode for this great plugin)

Here is what I have so far:

Code:
l4d2_object_spawner_show_count 0   [0|1]  Print total object count to all (chat) on every object spawn
l4d2_object_spawner_autoload 1                 [0|1]  Enable the plugin to auto load the cache
l4d2_object_spawner_autoload_different 0    [0|1] Teams in competitive modes play different paths
l4d2_object_spawner_log_actions 1             [0|1] Log admin spawns to logs/objects_DATE
l4d2_object_spawner_log_plugin 1               [0|1] Log plugin information (debug) to logs/objects_DATE", FCVAR_PLUGIN);

sm_props                   Displays total object count and type info (if available) in the chat");
sm_spawnitem             Spawns an item with the item name  ex.  !spawnitem smg
sm_spawnlight             Spawns a work light (use 0 for unbreakable and 1 for breakable)   ex.  !spawnlight 1
sm_spawnfe                Spawns a fire escape with the specified amount of levels    ex. !spawnfe 3
sm_spawntruck           Spawns a delivery truck with glass pre-attached
sm_spawnspawn          Spawns a 'spawn' with the given type and count   ex. !spawnspawn rifle 4
sm_despawn               Despawns a map object and can be saved to round start just like props
sm_despawn_clear       Delete all despawns in the map (in case you need them removed)

sm_prop_select                 Selects the (aimed at) object as the last spawned object (to edit)
sm_prop_set                     Sets the (aimed at) phys object's current position to be saved as spawn location
sm_prop_setlast                 Sets the last object's current position to be saved as spawn location"
sm_prop_nudge                  Nudge the last phys object to enable physics

sm_removebyname             Remove all props that have a model that contains this string"

//DEV
sm_savemap            Save all the spawned objects
sm_osrefresh            Refresh Object Spawner admin menu
sm_osload            Load object spawn save file
sm_debugprop            DEBUG last spawned object
I've been working on this to make editing maps much easier/faster, since i like changing up the default maps on my server.

It will work with your old saves from prop spawner but keep backups just in case.

I have no change log, but various bug fixes have been implemented. For example, you may now grab objects and have their locations/angles be saved rather than discarded.
This version only supports the plugin's save option. I decided to not support stripper or routing files since I didn't need them and it would have been tedious to add all the new features to them (without know much about either of them). If you'd like to add support for that, feel free.

You may also notice that I haven't implemented the new features into the menus yet. This is because I haven't had much experience yet with the menus. If you can add them, feel free :]

Install:
To use this version you will need all the files from the original post. Just remove the original prop spawner plugin and replace it with this one.
This version will work with any previous files you may have saved with the old version (but not stripper/routing files).
NOTE: you also have to rename your /sourcemod/data/l4d2_spawn_props_models.txt file to l4d2_object_spawner_models.txt
or you can use the one i have two posts below.

CFG Keypad binds: I have included my CFG files to make the editing easier for those of you who like binds.
The cfgs have two profiles, Admin and Build-mode, which can be swapped between with the keypad's zero key.
edit them to your liking :]

EDIT: I will not be maintaining this with new features as I originally planned, I apologize. If you like what little I have done with this maybe you can advance it :]
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d2_object_spawner.sp - 652 views - 165.7 KB)
File Type: smx l4d2_object_spawner.smx (69.5 KB, 697 views)
File Type: zip CFG Keypad Binds.zip (1.8 KB, 565 views)

Last edited by xioSlayer; 01-17-2012 at 06:22.
Recon-1
Old 12-30-2011 , 01:34   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #144

Awesome ! Thanks for this Xio.

But will your version feature a bigger category of props ? Honor's one was quite limited and I had to add in a few prop models that he left out. But it was difficult since I could only put them into the existing 5 which made me have to constantly cycle through longer due the list being bigger, and there was no way to make a custom category to add more prop models in.
xioSlayer
Old 12-30-2011 , 04:59   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon-1 View Post
Awesome ! Thanks for this Xio.

But will your version feature a bigger category of props ? Honor's one was quite limited and I had to add in a few prop models that he left out. But it was difficult since I could only put them into the existing 5 which made me have to constantly cycle through longer due the list being bigger, and there was no way to make a custom category to add more prop models in.
yes, a text file with dynamic categories would be fantastic, I will look into it.

I haven't coded anything quite like that yet, so I did the same thing you did. For me, i just removed all the props I considered useless from the text file. Then I added new objects that I used often at the beginning of each of those lists, and just let the rest beyond that be alphabetized.

If I had any objects I used so frequently that I didn't even want menu's for them, I made binds in my Admin cfg file. I put that in my other post as well for you guys to use (CFG Keypad Binds.zip: for mine i put in stairs, sandbags, walls, roadside fence, subway car, etc)

My objects file is somewhat disorderly, but it works nicely for me so i'll upload it here. I hunted down many of these new objects with GCFscape, so you may just want to copy and paste the new objects into your file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt l4d2_object_spawner_models.txt (26.1 KB, 964 views)

Last edited by xioSlayer; 12-30-2011 at 05:02.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 01-02-2012 , 17:59   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #146

This update is a great effort but I'll stick with the old version by the banned guy until.

1. Support is added for routing/stripper
2. Support is added for alarmed cars (if possible) under a new category

Otherwise good effort.
januto
Old 01-03-2012 , 05:24   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #147

"[SM] Plugin l4d2_spawn_props.smx is not loaded."

The thing is...plugin works quite well :O

LOOOVEGUNS
Old 01-30-2012 , 13:51   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:

This picture is showing the fire escape command. It parents all the escapes to the bottom one so they can be moved/rotated as one. (NOTE: fire escapes will only be traversable if you keep them at right angles. use "sm_prop_setang 0 0 0" then adjust the horizontal rotation in 90 degree increments.)

Object Spawner version updated by xio (with huge thanks to honorcode for this great plugin)

Here is what I have so far:

Code:
l4d2_object_spawner_show_count 0   [0|1]  Print total object count to all (chat) on every object spawn
l4d2_object_spawner_autoload 1                 [0|1]  Enable the plugin to auto load the cache
l4d2_object_spawner_autoload_different 0    [0|1] Teams in competitive modes play different paths
l4d2_object_spawner_log_actions 1             [0|1] Log admin spawns to logs/objects_DATE
l4d2_object_spawner_log_plugin 1               [0|1] Log plugin information (debug) to logs/objects_DATE", FCVAR_PLUGIN);

sm_props                   Displays total object count and type info (if available) in the chat");
sm_spawnitem             Spawns an item with the item name  ex.  !spawnitem smg
sm_spawnlight             Spawns a work light (use 0 for unbreakable and 1 for breakable)   ex.  !spawnlight 1
sm_spawnfe                Spawns a fire escape with the specified amount of levels    ex. !spawnfe 3
sm_spawntruck           Spawns a delivery truck with glass pre-attached
sm_spawnspawn          Spawns a 'spawn' with the given type and count   ex. !spawnspawn rifle 4
sm_despawn               Despawns a map object and can be saved to round start just like props
sm_despawn_clear       Delete all despawns in the map (in case you need them removed)

sm_prop_select                 Selects the (aimed at) object as the last spawned object (to edit)
sm_prop_set                     Sets the (aimed at) phys object's current position to be saved as spawn location
sm_prop_setlast                 Sets the last object's current position to be saved as spawn location"
sm_prop_nudge                  Nudge the last phys object to enable physics

sm_removebyname             Remove all props that have a model that contains this string"

//DEV
sm_savemap            Save all the spawned objects
sm_osrefresh            Refresh Object Spawner admin menu
sm_osload            Load object spawn save file
sm_debugprop            DEBUG last spawned object
I've been working on this to make editing maps much easier/faster, since i like changing up the default maps on my server.

It will work with your old saves from prop spawner but keep backups just in case.

I have no change log, but various bug fixes have been implemented. For example, you may now grab objects and have their locations/angles be saved rather than discarded.
This version only supports the plugin's save option. I decided to not support stripper or routing files since I didn't need them and it would have been tedious to add all the new features to them (without know much about either of them). If you'd like to add support for that, feel free.

You may also notice that I haven't implemented the new features into the menus yet. This is because I haven't had much experience yet with the menus. If you can add them, feel free :]

Install:
To use this version you will need all the files from the original post. Just remove the original prop spawner plugin and replace it with this one.
This version will work with any previous files you may have saved with the old version (but not stripper/routing files).
NOTE: you also have to rename your /sourcemod/data/l4d2_spawn_props_models.txt file to l4d2_object_spawner_models.txt
or you can use the one i have two posts below.

CFG Keypad binds: I have included my CFG files to make the editing easier for those of you who like binds.
The cfgs have two profiles, Admin and Build-mode, which can be swapped between with the keypad's zero key.
edit them to your liking :]

EDIT: I will not be maintaining this with new features as I originally planned, I apologize. If you like what little I have done with this maybe you can advance it :]
I feel your v2.0.6 version plugin is great , but I run short of the "#include <strings>" to uses. because the old one can use in your version . please help me out ....

//// l4d2_object_spawner.sp
// H:\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\l4d2_ object_spawner.sp
(4) : fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "strings"
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 1 Error.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.06 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...

Last edited by LOOOVEGUNS; 01-30-2012 at 14:01.
xioSlayer
Old 02-01-2012 , 02:06   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #149

I needed that include for Str_ToLower() to fix issues with valve's messy naming conventions (on blood harvest they used caps seemingly randomly). Blood Harvest wasn't around when honorcode wrote this so thats no fault of his.

Just add this strings.inc file to your 'include' folder in the compile directory.
Attached Files
File Type: inc strings.inc (5.2 KB, 499 views)

Last edited by xioSlayer; 02-01-2012 at 06:12.
LOOOVEGUNS
Old 02-01-2012 , 12:19   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
I needed that include for Str_ToLower() to fix issues with valve's messy naming conventions (on blood harvest they used caps seemingly randomly). Blood Harvest wasn't around when honorcode wrote this so thats no fault of his.

Just add this strings.inc file to your 'include' folder in the compile directory.
Thanks for your hlep~!! I'm very please~ But appear another error.

//// l4d2_object_spawner.sp
// H:\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\inclu de\strings.inc(7)
: fatal error 120: cannot read from file: "smlib/math"
//
// Compilation aborted.
// 1 Error.
//
// Compilation Time: 0.05 sec
// ----------------------------------------

Press enter to exit ...

Now,I'm uesing your version , i think maybe don't have the support or another missing things. I just wanna use your plugin to add some model on my little sever to play with fellows . also Iam feel very sorry for ask for your help ,caus I'm new for plugin.

Last edited by LOOOVEGUNS; 02-01-2012 at 14:05.