Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

fps fluctation

Post New Thread Reply   

loki_himself
Old 06-21-2022 , 10:15   fps fluctation
Reply With Quote #1

Last edited by loki_himself; 11-23-2022 at 12:13.
Infamanious
Old 06-22-2022 , 03:48   Re: fps fluctation
Reply With Quote #2

Dont think im qualified to post here but the extra bump wont do any harm. How can you assume that its not the hosting providers fault? Or the plugins fault? Have you diagnosed each and every plugin separately to see if it affects CPU usage/fps? What operating system is the server using? Ram, cpu, etc? ( probably not that relevant since hlds is sparse on that stuff) Have you tried using tuned utilities? What about high performance linux kernels like linux TKG or xanmod? Are there any HLDS servers out there running a large amount of plugins that can handle a stable fps? Is it even possible to get stable fps? I'd go through every single scenario and test out what lags the server while monitoring htop and checking the server stats in real time. If your plugins arent causing 100% cpu usage spikes then its most likely not the plugins.

Last edited by Infamanious; 06-22-2022 at 04:03.
loki_himself
Old 06-22-2022 , 09:20   Re: fps fluctation
Reply With Quote #3

Last edited by loki_himself; 11-23-2022 at 13:11.
Infamanious
Old 06-22-2022 , 21:47   Re: fps fluctation
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki_himself View Post
i have no linux cmd/server access, only ftp and a gamepanel / im renting this server on a host who runs multiple cs server together, he doesnt even tell me how much cpu i get, its all shared.

basically i want to know the most common causes for fps fluctation? or is it common for fps to change this much on a running server? then its all fine. but it makes the server lag, so i guess not. on a empty server with 2 podbots i get 850 fps stable. so i must assume its caused my cpu load?

as i said the plugins are all checked and the "think" functions are the ones executed the most. (i put a log_amx in every function once) but since those multijump and parachute are approved plugins, widely used, i doubt they can cause so much trouble?

what are "tuned utilities"?

overall looking at the stats, how can the cpu stay the same but fps drops -700 fps ???

PHP Code:
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
57.80 97.31 213.33 250 267 174.70 15
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
57.80 97.77 218.27 250 267 823.70 15 
https://linux.die.net/man/1/tuned-adm

It is a bit weird to have 50 % cpu usage with your sys_ticrate at 1000. Im running a quad core 3.5 ghz processor and i only get 35 percent usage @ 2000 fps sys_ticrate 2200. Unless im mistaken and the percentage is proportional to the clock speed of your processor, then the plugins or your shared host environment is contributing to it. Since your provider doesn't give you any specs about your host machine then its probable to assume your running under a VPS with a low end cpu. I could host a duplicate of your server to test out the load on my system if you'd like to upload your addons/necessary sound files etc,, folder and send it to me in a PM

This would be a good opportunity test out the differences between VPS servers and dedicated setups with more control over your host environment. It would also give you some data and experience on why its better to run your own dedicated box . Im way to lazy to do a diagnostic test from scratch at this point but i've been contemplating starting a vanilla classic cs 1.6 game server. Not many run at high FPS these days...

Last edited by Infamanious; 06-22-2022 at 21:54.
loki_himself
Old 06-23-2022 , 11:15   Re: fps fluctation
Reply With Quote #5

Last edited by loki_himself; 11-23-2022 at 12:36.