Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 02-16-2022 , 17:54   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.5 dated 08March2021)
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfsgdfg View Post
This might be the coolest plugin in here, I wish it kept the items you chose after map changes.
Plugin in original post updated to version 1.6. This version will compile in sourcemod version 1.11 without errors.

This version also allows you to keep items after map change as requested by gdfhdfg.

Note: Any items equipped will be re-equipped when you change teams or change maps, or disconnect and reconnect... as long as you are the same class. Once you change class your items are removed.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-16-2022 , 20:03   Re: [TF2] Wearit
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
I'm not aware of any method that makes cosmetic items invisible to a specific viewer and visible to all others. Sorry.
Don't set m_bValidatedAttachedEntity to 1 on any spawned hats/don't use my Serverside Player Attachment Fixer plugin if you're using it. They will only be visible to the client they're equipped on. That's obviously a blanket fix to the issue that would affect everyone and could also affect other plugins that use the visibility fix that you may be running. If you just want a client to be able to switch visibility of other players fake items on/off, then use the solution posted before by someone else earlier in the thread, and store the setting in a clientprefs cookie.

Edit: Misread your post. Seems you wanted the inverse of what I said so the clientprefs solution seems to be the best bet.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 02-20-2022 at 17:08.
gdfsgdfg
Old 02-20-2022 , 07:34   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.5 dated 08March2021)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Once you change class your items are removed.
Edited: I have looked a bit in the code and removed the part where it removes cosmetics on class change, its perfect now.

Edit4: v I have done more testing it appears that by using /wearit1 first and re-logging seems to make it work, then you can unequip that one and use wearit2 and 3 and they will be saved permanently then.

Last edited by gdfsgdfg; 02-21-2022 at 09:10.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 02-20-2022 , 22:47   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.5 dated 08March2021)
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdfsgdfg View Post
its not saving the cosmetic after I reconnect.
After reading this I performed multiple tests using the plugin version posted in the original post. The tests included single and multiple items, effects, no effects, paint, no paint, disconnects, reconnects, round wins, round losses, swapping teams, admin level z, no admin level at all.

In all scenarios the cosmetic was re-equipped when I rejoined the server, spawned, or swapped teams. In other words, the plugin appears to be working as designed.

Can you try again, but this time use the plugin in the original post without your edits?
Proctato
Old 05-14-2022 , 12:50   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #35

Everything seems to be working with the plugin in terms of applying cosmetics, but for some reason It won't save selection on leave or mapchange. Could I be missing something?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2022 , 20:41   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctato View Post
Everything seems to be working with the plugin in terms of applying cosmetics, but for some reason It won't save selection on leave or mapchange. Could I be missing something?
The plugin stores your cosmetic selections in cookies that are retained until you change class. Are you keeping the same class between maps?
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-16-2022 , 03:50   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proctato View Post
Make asure you're running clientprefs.smx
oplkill
Old 11-27-2022 , 07:18   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #38

Would be Valve ban the server who using that plugin?
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2022 , 15:47   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by oplkill View Post
Would be Valve ban the server who using that plugin?
I can't speak for Valve. My server has been running for 12 years and hasn't been banned. I haven't received any reports of anyone being banned using my plugins. However, the choice to install any plugin remains with you.
Ubercharge
Old 12-30-2022 , 15:42   Re: [TF2] Wearit (v1.6 dated 16Feb2022)
Reply With Quote #40

make it not use clientprefs