SRCDS Denial of Service Protect

Post New Thread Reply   

Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 12-23-2011 , 05:03   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick4283 View Post
As both Asherkin and i have said, no the null packet is unpatched. Valve said they fixed it but did not...
ok, then ill give you the ip of one of my servers and feel free to null packet it if you can, it does NOT have srcdsdos nor daf on it. I've tried many times, it IS fixed.

edit: maybe if more ppl do it at the same time it has some effect, but one person is not enough for sure

Last edited by Zephyrus; 12-23-2011 at 05:10.
PharaohsPaw
Old 12-25-2011 , 09:21   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #282

Hey I know it's not really cool to ask about exploit tools and post links on public forums etc. but I am trying to do everything I can to protect our servers from attacks like these. We are being hit by SOMETHING because *ALL* of our players disconnect at once.

I'd really like to be able to get one of these exploit tools like the one there is a screenshot of on page1 of this post and try to run it against my own servers (and ONLY my own servers) to see how effective the various plugins/extensions are, and also to help come up with some other measures (think external to the gameserver host) that would help.

I've tried looking around on the net for some but I am not interested in joining hacker forums or giving ANYBODY selling stuff like this any personal/financial info. Then there are the other "utils" that are full of trojans, backdoors, and viruses, and the other kind that phone back to the mothership presumably to request an attack on the desired server from some super-1337 attack host or whatever. I basically don't trust any of these.

Would folks who are reputable here on the sourcemod forums who have any known/trusted utils - that is as long as you didn't have to buy them either - be willing to contact me via PM and share these utilities with me?

(note: by known/trusted utils, I mean that they generate THEIR OWN attacks rather than phoning home to some mothership somewhere -- which may or may not still be hovering in orbit haha)

In return I will share whatever I learn by testing them and building as best defenses as possible, preferably external to the gameserver hosts.

Thanks
xxlap1xx
Old 12-31-2011 , 19:39   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #283

i'm having trouble getting the plugin to work.. i unzipped css.rar to my metamod folder, and added "addons/dosprotect/bin/dosprotect_mm" to metaplugins.ini.. but i keep getting unknown command every time when i type a cvar such as dsop_status into the console.. please help
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-31-2011 , 21:33   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
i'm having trouble getting the plugin to work.. i unzipped css.rar to my metamod folder, and added "addons/dosprotect/bin/dosprotect_mm" to metaplugins.ini.. but i keep getting unknown command every time when i type a cvar such as dsop_status into the console.. please help
Are you using it on Linux? I think the reason to why I changed to DAF on Linux was that DoSprotect was broken.
xxlap1xx
Old 01-03-2012 , 02:12   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataviruset View Post
Are you using it on Linux? I think the reason to why I changed to DAF on Linux was that DoSprotect was broken.
no, i'm on windows 7 64bit.. i did exactly what the instruction told, but still no luck..
PharaohsPaw
Old 01-03-2012 , 06:27   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #286

It works for me, on Linux TF2 servers. One kind person provided me with one of the attack testing utilities they've used to validate their protection setup.

Not only did I never see any lag on the server, but the dosp_status output from the console confirmed it was dealing with the packets:

Code:
dosp_status
[-] DoS Attack Protect - Enable
 Attacker IP     |       Packet
--------------------------------
 192.168.0.99    |       85316
PharaohsPaw
Old 01-03-2012 , 06:32   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #287

lap1 - you will probably need to use the "orangebox" flavor one though, since CS:S was updated/changed to run on orangebox engine (just like TF2 does) a little while back. It hadn't been converted by Valve into an orangebox game yet when this plugin was released.

EDIT: I checked and the one I'm using came from Psychonic's builds from 5/12/2011 in this post:

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=230

Last edited by PharaohsPaw; 01-03-2012 at 06:50.
checkster
BANNED
Old 01-06-2012 , 07:03   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #288

Hi I get the <error> when I try to load this on my css server.
Latest metamod, windows server.
All other plugins load just fine, like sm, sdhooks ect.
I downloaded the css version from the first page.
Tried to manually load to make sure it was not the vdf that I fucked up.

PHP Code:
Failed to load plugin addons/dosprotect/bin/dosprotect_mm (The specified procedure could not be found
). 
I tried reading through the thread to see if I missed a update/fix but if that exist I must have missed it.
Anny ideas ?

Me failed. The answer was above me. Damnit I am blind today.

Last edited by checkster; 01-06-2012 at 07:05.
Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-14-2012 , 12:24   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #289

Is this compatible with Dosattack fix?
Old 01-17-2012 , 00:10   Re: SRCDS Denial of Service Protect
Reply With Quote #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharaohsPaw View Post
It works for me, on Linux TF2 servers. One kind person provided me with one of the attack testing utilities they've used to validate their protection setup.

Not only did I never see any lag on the server, but the dosp_status output from the console confirmed it was dealing with the packets:

Code:
dosp_status
[-] DoS Attack Protect - Enable
 Attacker IP     |       Packet
 192.168.0.99    |       85316
this is a garena ip
this works like a charm thanks ;)

Last edited by 000101010001; 01-17-2012 at 00:10.