Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.

Post New Thread Reply   

Chesterfield
Old 06-27-2014 , 19:38   [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #1

Hello people, i wanted to share to all of you this serious problem that i been having since some time, there's a player in my server, that somehow is abble to get all the IPs from everyone without being admin, after he get the IPs he start to attack everyone and "crash" their internet, even if i ban this person he's abble to join since he have more than 50 accounts to enter to the game (all hacked)

I seriously been thinking about abandon all because no matter what we do, this person is attacking us and our people, just because "he can" (that's exactly what he said) i been thinking about the plugin "Country Filter" to totally block his whole country from my server (i feel sad for the other players that are from that country) but i'm sure that he'll be abble to evade somehow this plugin and enter anyway, maybe changing his IP or proxy, i don't know.

No matter how many firewalls, antivirus, blocked ports or how good security we have in our computers, this guy is abble to simple flood us with UDP attack and crash our internet, we still don't know how much knowledge you need to have to get someone's IP without even using the command "sm_rcon status" but that's the problem, a guy attacking people, admins not being abble to do anything (since they get attacked too) and this is not a server attack, this is just person vs all, i've tried to talk with this person to ask his reasons, he simply said "because i can".

So i actually don't know where to ask, i'm actually lost, so i had no choise to come here, try my luck and ask for your help, it is something that i can do to prevent this person to get the IP from everyone? it is possible to block the attacks? coz as i mention before, he simply burn all firewalls and he crash everyones internet, he also showed his power by crashing webpages from the government, and to make us fear him more he said he could easy crash microsoft page.

So serious problem here, any tip? anything? or i just simple remove server and dissapear from the internet? thanks in advance and please no flame war!

Last edited by Chesterfield; 06-27-2014 at 19:39.
RenegadeCA
Old 06-27-2014 , 21:26   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #2

http://www.sourcebans.net/

Last edited by RenegadeCA; 06-27-2014 at 21:27.
Chesterfield
Old 06-27-2014 , 23:07   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #3

Won't work, he still can get IPs and i can't ban all his accounts. thanks for your help!
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 03:54   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #4

Do you use this extension?: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=237727
Old 06-28-2014 , 08:05   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #5

It's pretty easy to get IP without being an admin or a hacker for that matter.
What he does even in my country is considered illegal by law. Maybe it worth digging in that direction?
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
Chesterfield
Old 06-28-2014 , 11:43   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
I don't use this extension, only admins are abble to see others IPs with the command "sm_rcon status" which is flagged with the letter Z which only 2 admins have it, both of them are being attacked, one of these 2 is me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf117 View Post
It's pretty easy to get IP without being an admin or a hacker for that matter.
What he does even in my country is considered illegal by law. Maybe it worth digging in that direction?
He doesn't live in my country, as far as i know his country doesn't have those laws, that's why most of the people say that "most of the ppl in my country are hackers" (i won't say the country) so i see no way of doing this, plus he's under age.

I think i'm fucked up, all i can do is try find a working "ip hider" or something to prevent him to get my real IP, but no idea if that's even possible

Last edited by Chesterfield; 06-28-2014 at 11:51.
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 12:27   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #7

Sourcebans in conjunction with source sleuth should block his IP. I know some communities have a way of detecting dynamic ips but I don't know how.
Chesterfield
Old 06-28-2014 , 12:50   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Sourcebans in conjunction with source sleuth should block his IP. I know some communities have a way of detecting dynamic ips but I don't know how.
Seriously i would pay for that, seems like a good solution!
sheo
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-28-2014 , 15:11   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #9

Banning is not a protection from this type of attack. You should protect your server, player`s ip information must not be public. Change all passwords of your servers. This includes: rcon, server machine(if you have an access to it), remote database(if any), passwords of admins(those ones that allow them to use admin rights). Make them hard to brute, like "FD5fE1dv^4efF#vdv171^ve1337". Don`t forget to check your server for malicious SM plugins, extensions, addons and "logaddress_add" lines in cfg files after changing passwords.
I have a lot of experience detecting alt accounts even on dynamic IP, and from what i can tell is that you cannot prevent a certain person from joining your server for 100% sure.

Last edited by sheo; 06-28-2014 at 15:18. Reason: More tips
xf117
Old 06-28-2014 , 15:16   Re: [URGENT HELP] CS:GO server attacked.
Reply With Quote #10

You don't need any access to server to get player's ip addresses. You just have to be on the server and trace couple of packets. You cannot do anything to counter that. Game and other clients must know your real address, so no way to hide it.
The only thing you can do is to ban the whole sub-network of his. He needs to be on the server to get people's ip, and i don't think cs:go supports proxy mode.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117