Post New Thread Reply   

kwski43
Old 02-07-2010 , 03:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by eargosedown View Post
Hmm, seems to not want to work for me.

IE: Should have the boomer kill achievement: Link
Damn, I forgot to add player.php to the package.
updated my previous post.
Old 02-07-2010 , 04:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #202

Hey dude.

Since I updated Players stats with the flags thing, I got error message up the index.php
Quote:
Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/filer-6/web/web512/tmp/:/data/filer-6/web/web512/htdocs/) in /data/filer-6/web/web512/htdocs/common.php on line 408

Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/data/filer-6/web/web512/tmp/:/data/filer-6/web/web512/htdocs/) in /data/filer-6/web/web512/htdocs/common.php on line 417
Please help me
And other thing, with FileZilla FTP Client, I can't CHMOD "awards_cache.html", it says "550 CHMOD 777 awards_cache.html: No such file or directory"
Please help me ²
kwski43
Old 02-07-2010 , 05:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipeur View Post
Hey dude.

Since I updated Players stats with the flags thing, I got error message up the index.php

Please help me
And other thing, with FileZilla FTP Client, I can't CHMOD "awards_cache.html", it says "550 CHMOD 777 awards_cache.html: No such file or directory"
Please help me ²
I assume you're using windows host.
Try chmod 755 /data/filer-6/web/web512/htdocs/.
If its a local server I don't think you have to chmod 777 awards_cache.htm.
There might be a php or apache issue, whats your apache & php versions?
Old 02-07-2010 , 08:46   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #204

Here's a preview of the new locations feature...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stats6.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	59247  

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2010 , 10:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #205

• 7.2.2010 Web Stats / multiple scripts
    • Bugfixes - PHP4 failed because scandir is new functionality in PHP5.
    • New features - Player city location and Google Maps integration.
    • Noteworthy - Loads of new configurables in config.php.

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
kwski43
Old 02-07-2010 , 11:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #206

muukis, you're awesome! Need more ideas? ^^'

There is a problem with updatetable.php it takes some time(16 mins I think) and it stops and gives white screen and feature doesn't work, its due to city db, too many mb's.

Last edited by kwski43; 02-07-2010 at 11:33.
NaRyan
Old 02-07-2010 , 11:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #207

Nice

I do have a suggestion, if it's possible.
For the "Team Survivors can use this many Medkits for free without any reduction to the score"

Would it be possible to add options to have that based on the difficulty?
So that on Normal they could get 0, advanced 2, expert 4 and for realism the option adds the number to the difficulty version.

so if you had it like
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Normal = "0"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Advanced = "2"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Expert = "4"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Realism = "2"

Then the survivors would get, when playing realism (since it can be enabled on any difficulty) 2, 4, 6 "free" medkits.

Also I don't know if you missed the post I made a few pages back.
When I made the suggestion below.
Sorry if you did see it and thought it was a bad idea.

Quote:
I do have one idea.
Since you have a steam group for your stats addon.
How about listing the steam group number, so those of us that have L4D1/2 could add our servers to the group (since you can now have your server in multiple groups.)
That way any members of your steam group will see those servers listed ingame, and know that their game play stats are going to be recorded.
After all peeps love stats, and bragging how they got a higher rank than their friends
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-07-2010 , 12:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwski43 View Post
muukis, you're awesome! Need more ideas? ^^'

There is a problem with updatetable.php it takes some time(16 mins I think) and it stops and gives white screen and feature doesn't work, its due to city db, too many mb's.
New ideas are always welcomed

Yes I noticed the installing can be very slow. If your web server settings won't wait for the script to finish, you can try different approaches with the installation.
  1. Run updatetable.php multiple times, but each time with different CSV-file.
  2. Modify if ($insert_counter > 200) to something much higher value than 200 (or what ever is in there). Your MySQL will probably tell you when you have put too big value in there.
  3. Split the big CSV-files and modify the scripts to not clear the tables before running the insert queries, and then do approach #1.
It took me a lot of time to run updatetable.php too, but it did go under 10 minutes. I can do an executable (MS Windows) what you can use to install the database, if it turns out to be too big of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaRyan View Post
Nice

I do have a suggestion, if it's possible.
For the "Team Survivors can use this many Medkits for free without any reduction to the score"

Would it be possible to add options to have that based on the difficulty?
So that on Normal they could get 0, advanced 2, expert 4 and for realism the option adds the number to the difficulty version.

so if you had it like
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Normal = "0"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Advanced = "2"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Expert = "4"
l4d_stats_medkitpenaltyfree_Realism = "2"

Then the survivors would get, when playing realism (since it can be enabled on any difficulty) 2, 4, 6 "free" medkits.

Also I don't know if you missed the post I made a few pages back.
When I made the suggestion below.
Sorry if you did see it and thought it was a bad idea.
Yeah, I did see it, but... I've also thought about it before you posted the idea. The problem for me is, that I don't want the group to be polluted by spammers etc. I'd like it to be clean. I was hoping there was a feature that allowed group admins to "kick" servers and block them so they do not appear on the group list... I have not decided yet.

Yes, the medkit suggestion is doable, and very nice. I'll put it on todos. Thanks

Last edited by muukis; 02-07-2010 at 12:13.
NaRyan
Old 02-07-2010 , 12:23   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Yeah, I did see it, but... I've also thought about it before you posted the idea. The problem for me is, that I don't want the group to be polluted by spammers etc. I'd like it to be clean. I was hoping there was a feature that allowed group admins to "kick" servers and block them so they do not appear on the group list... I have not decided yet.
I understand what you mean
I made the same suggestion to Valve ages ago, about being able to kick & block a server from "your" steamgroup.
After that bug was discovered that let peeps see the steamgroup number while ingame.
As per usual it was ignored. (same as my sugestion to add extra cvars to server to specify what difficulty coud be played on server and the minimum numbers of players joining from a lobby could use your server.
To stop the solo playing easy peeps from hogging the server)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis
Yes, the medkit suggestion is doable, and very nice. I'll put it on todos. Thanks
Thanks
kwski43
Old 02-07-2010 , 12:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
(..) Big CSV-files and modify the scripts to not clear the tables before running the insert queries, and then do approach #1.It took me a lot of time to run updatetable.php too, but it did go under 10 minutes. I can do an executable (MS Windows) what you can use to install the database, if it turns out to be too big of a problem.
I just find out that running updatetable.php from curl (curl http://example.com/updattable.php) runs faster (6 mins!), of course from the same machine where is mysql.

Making an advanced installer instead of using createtable.php and updatetable.php would be better I think, I think I'm gonna do something with this(7 more days and 2 free weeks!).

Last edited by kwski43; 02-07-2010 at 12:40.