Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Metamod/Sourcemod for TF2 Beta?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Anti Christ
Old 06-22-2010 , 01:44   Re: Metamod/Sourcemod for TF2 Beta?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bites View Post
To the first arguement, I'm not even going to bother, filesizes and modified last dates are so ridiculously easy to fake it's laughable, and I don't want to get into a whole "its fake" arguement.

If valve really didn't want people to use SFM, they'd make it clear. So far, all they've done is remove the sfm dll's. If they really DID care, they'd say loud and clear "Stop using SFM." If they did so, I'd delete it in a heartbeat, I care about what valve wants. However, regardless of emails, popular videos, and practically hundreds of tutorials on how to use it, valve still hasn't done anything about it. I'm pretty certain that they really, really don't care.
They can say anything they want, that doesn't stop people. They said stop using an achievement unlocked, and people kept doing it. The only reason they could punish people for using it, was because they got items in-game.
There is literally nothing they can do about SFM, other than remove the files (which they did) or ask people to stop. They obviously realize they can't stop people, because they did remove the files. But stopping people through just asking them is pretty much useless. They've tried that before, and it didn't work.

But since you refuse to prove you actually got those files yourself, it's pretty apparent that you pirated the TF2 beta, which means they won't help you here.