Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin Protect.

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-10-2015 , 08:36   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by xf117 View Post
Some countries doesn't even acknowledge open source licensed products. In our laws there is no such thing as free open source license and it is not allowed to use such products in government sector for example.
Actually, Russia is a signatory of the Berne convention, so international copyright law is very much in effect there. The license grants you rights, if the license is invalid, you get no rights, not all rights. If you don't agree with our licensing choices, do not write SourceMod plugins / extensions.
Old 03-10-2015 , 10:02   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #22

If some one were to actually get the plugin, however the way, couldn't they just use a hexeditor and edit the IP?
Brrdy
Old 03-10-2015 , 10:12   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
If some one were to actually get the plugin, however the way, couldn't they just use a hexeditor and edit the IP?
If they decompiled, yes. I got him the plugin btw
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
xf117
Old 03-10-2015 , 12:30   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Actually, Russia is a signatory of the Berne convention, so international copyright law is very much in effect there. The license grants you rights, if the license is invalid, you get no rights, not all rights. If you don't agree with our licensing choices, do not write SourceMod plugins / extensions.
I don't have any problems with license. Copyright law does work here... sometimes.
I'm just saying GPL and LGPL licenses are not officially acknowledged here and they hold no weight in court.
Send a message via ICQ to xf117
_AeonOne_
Old 03-10-2015 , 13:13   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrdy View Post
Oh I see what you are saying but I think he's thinking if someone like idk hacked his FTP or idk got the smx it would crash their server.
Is it allowed if I code the addition for him?
Just don't do this. This is exactly the kind of violating Sourcemod, we all want to prevent.
And think of this: If the script he want to protect, is really worth it and he wrote it by himself, he would be easily able to script it on his own. But he isn't..and that leads me to many dark thoughts of what he is up to.
Brrdy
Old 03-10-2015 , 13:27   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #26

Oh yeah link to how I resolved this post ^_^

-admin/mod deleted not allowed-
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update

Last edited by Brrdy; 03-10-2015 at 14:03.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 03-10-2015 , 13:40   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrdy View Post
Oh yeah link to how I resolved this post ^_^

-snip-
There is no reason some one should make their plugin for one server, if you are afraid some one is going to steal your "well written" code then dont own a server.

Last edited by Mitchell; 03-10-2015 at 14:32.
Brrdy
Old 03-10-2015 , 14:03   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
There is no reason some one should make their plugin for one server, if you are afraid some one is going to steal your "well written" code then dont own a server.
It also got trashed im editing it out of post please edit your quote if its not allowed I dont want it all over.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 17:16   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
But people buy and sell paid private requests all the time, and competition exists.
Old 03-10-2015 , 21:03   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
But people buy and sell paid private requests all the time, and competition exists.
... annd you still have to give the source to the plugin to the requester.. The only real reason you would want to put an IP lock on your plugin is if you are attempting to sell with the intent of not giving the source.