Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Plugin Protect.

Post New Thread Reply   

Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:04   Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #1

Is it possible to protect a plugin?

I would like to restrict the plugin to a server with the ip and port. else = server shooting down.
Sry my english.

Many Thanks!
Brrdy
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:16   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #2

Wait. What do you want? Just like write up what you want in the most basic form with examples

So like

You want 1 plugin that runs certain things only and then anything else the server will run the exit command?
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:24   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #3

Nono.

I want to add to my ".sp" a code to restrict the use of the plugin.

For example, I want my plugin can be used only in the ip 200.1.1.1:27017.
If another server uses this plugin, the server crashing...

Last edited by Sdg; 03-09-2015 at 14:24.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:25   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #4

First: Wrong forum.
Second: It's open source. How do you expect anyone to not patch it out in 5 seconds? Pinky swear?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Brrdy
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:27   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #5

Oh extremely easy lol sorry I misunderstood just use and if statement to check if the public ip has changed and the else statement as ServerCommand("exit") but it's extremely easy to bypass also, how the hell would anyone get your SP or are you worried about .smx's?
Need help with something regarding your plugin? Or want a new plugin made? For free!!?!?!?!??!? Click HERE! I will do nearly any request <3 If I post in scripting and I resolve and don't post how just shoot me a pm linking me the thread and I will update

Last edited by Brrdy; 03-09-2015 at 14:27.
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:33   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrdy View Post
Oh extremely easy lol sorry I misunderstood just use and if statement to check if the public ip has changed and the else statement as ServerCommand("exit") but it's extremely easy to bypass also, how the hell would anyone get your SP or are you worried about .smx's?
I'm pretty noob, as would that be?
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:41   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
First: Wrong forum.
Sorry, I thought it was the right forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Greg House View Post
Second: It's open source. How do you expect anyone to not patch it out in 5 seconds? Pinky swear?
I did not understand any of this.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:46   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdg View Post
Sorry, I thought it was the right forum.

I did not understand any of this.
Sourcemods licensing is open source which means, if you give anybody the SMX (plugin file) file in the first place, you must also give them the SP (source code) file. If you add protection then the person can just remove that protection and recompile it so it works anywhere.

If you're giving out the SMX (plugin file) to people without the SP (source code) file paid or not, you're violating Sourcemods licensing which means, we will not be giving you help here.

Either way, seems arbitrary.
Brrdy
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:47   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Sourcemods licensing is open source which means, if you give anybody the SMX (plugin file) file in the first place, you must also give them the SP (source code) file. If you add protection then the person can just remove that protection and recompile it so it works anywhere.

If you're giving out the SMX (plugin file) to people without the SP (source code) file paid or not, you're violating Sourcemods licensing which means, we will not be giving you help here.

Either way, seems arbitrary.
Oh I see what you are saying but I think he's thinking if someone like idk hacked his FTP or idk got the smx it would crash their server.
Is it allowed if I code the addition for him?
Sdg
BANNED
Old 03-09-2015 , 14:52   Re: Plugin Protect.
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brrdy View Post
Oh I see what you are saying but I think he's thinking if someone like idk hacked his FTP or idk got the smx it would crash their server.
Is it allowed if I code the addition for him?
Exactly!