Reply With Quote #21

-pingboost is linux

i think i got the thing ion my dedicated server b4
setmaster unavailable start a server

umm waht did i doo.. forget

if doing it through command line, add +port 27015 to the startup command

this is my console command line

Code:
hlds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip XX.XXX.XXX -port 27015 +maxplayers 32 +map de_dust2 +servercfgfile server.cfg +sys_ticrate 3000 +sv_maxupdaterate 100 -nojoy
note: -nojoy disables the joystick compatibility for the server, its supposed to lower cpu usage a bit

if going it through GUI mode, MAKE SURE YOU SELECTED COUNTER STRIKE @ THE TOP

[IMG]http://img26.**************/img26/2628/10857160.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by vivalavida; 05-12-2009 at 12:25.
ishanjain
Old 05-14-2009 , 13:12   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #22

Thanks a million vivalavida and TwinRraZzorR.... you people saved my day ..... I did all the tweakings at once and my server is working now... Dont know which one worked..... Now some solution to these little queries will do me a lot of favour....

I got to know that the server is working only after the players joined it... But i cant see my server in the internet tab for myself... Its neither being listed in steams's server browser... What is the problem ??

Now the server is running, people are complaining about laggs and chokes... I did some googling and found that the following should be the settings for my 512 kbps connection...
maxrate 2400
maxupdaterate 30

I tried a hell lot of settings but cant control the lagg... there are also consistent dropping in frames... What should i do....

There is a mod that automatically kicks the high pingers.... Whats the name of that mod.....

I am trying running the deathmatch mod downloaded from bailopan.net ..... But i cant make it running... I know it requires a lot modifications and i am gonna try more, but is there any tweak i should know.... Any link to some perfect tutorial will be apreciated.....

I am running with the latest version of amxmodx and have a mod running which shows the random stats.... The problem is that each and every little details is being echoed in the server console window.... How should i supress the unnecessary ones????

As soon as the server starts, it automatically reserves 2 slots.... they are not being released even by reserve_slots command... How should i get them back??

I think i have asked a lot of silly questions... Hope you dont mind them... I am new to the amxmodx but want to have a lot of servers to promote my site.... So, any modder here from delhi??? I have a work for you .....
TwinRraZzorR
Old 05-16-2009 , 15:52   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishanjain View Post
I got to know that the server is working only after the players joined it... But i cant see my server in the internet tab for myself... Its neither being listed in steams's server browser... What is the problem ??

Quote:
Now the server is running, people are complaining about laggs and chokes... I did some googling and found that the following should be the settings for my 512 kbps connection...
maxrate 2400
maxupdaterate 30
http://www.reece-eu.net/drekrates.php

Quote:
I tried a hell lot of settings but cant control the lagg... there are also consistent dropping in frames... What should i do....
http://cpnclan.home.comcast.net/~cpnclan/guide.html

Quote:
There is a mod that automatically kicks the high pingers.... Whats the name of that mod.....
high ping kicker

Quote:
I am trying running the deathmatch mod downloaded from bailopan.net ..... But i cant make it running... I know it requires a lot modifications and i am gonna try more, but is there any tweak i should know.... Any link to some perfect tutorial will be apreciated.....
Follow instructions in documentation provided with the version you downloaded.
*some plugins need additional module > check both : your modules folder & modules.ini file .
Also put the source file of the plugin (.sma) in the scripting folder (for debug mod).

Personally i use :
csdm 2.0 + amxx1.70 + (podBot mm)

Quote:
I am running with the latest version of amxmodx and have a mod running which shows the random stats.... The problem is that each and every little details is being echoed in the server console window.... How should i supress the unnecessary ones????
log off
in server.cfg

Plz note : lot of hud messages "stats..etc" may cause lags
so you can configure your plugins.ini at these sections

; Chat / Messages
;antiflood.amxx ; prevent clients from chat-flooding the server
scrollmsg.amxx ; displays a scrolling message
;imessage.amxx ; displays information messages
and

; Counter-Strike
;restmenu.amxx ; restrict weapons menu
statsx.amxx ; stats on death or round end (CSX Module required!)
;miscstats.amxx ; bunch of events announcement for Counter-Strike
;stats_logging.amxx ; weapons stats logging (CSX Module required!)

Quote:
As soon as the server starts, it automatically reserves 2 slots.... they are not being released even by reserve_slots command... How should i get them back??
; Basic
admincmd.amxx ; basic admin console commands
;adminhelp.amxx ; help command for admin console commands
;adminslots.amxx ; slot reservation <<<
multilingual.amxx ; Multi-Lingual management

in plugins.ini

and/or

// Amount of slots to reserve.
//
// Default value: 0
amx_reservation 0

in amxx.cfg

Quote:
I think i have asked a lot of silly questions... Hope you dont mind them... I .....
you're welcome !

Last edited by TwinRraZzorR; 05-16-2009 at 16:52.
ishanjain
Old 05-19-2009 , 08:37   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #24

Thanks a lot TwinRraZzorR for your reply..... That really seems helpfull...

Although i cannot try them for now due to exams. Will try them later and let you know.

BTW, i edited the modules.ini as listed in the instructions provided with the deathmatch but still cant get it working. You said that you have a working csdm installation. So can you plz send me only the addon directory??
TwinRraZzorR
Old 05-19-2009 , 14:56   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
So can you plz send me only the addon directory??
Attached Files
File Type: zip cstrike.zip (3.00 MB, 245 views)
ishanjain
Old 05-21-2009 , 07:18   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #26

Greatttt....
You are good man... Thats nice modding.. Although i got my own mods working but i will be using yours because of those other plugins.
Also, are those extra plugins going to impact my internet connection much ??
I got 512 kbps connection...

One last request plz.... Can you do the same for Gungame plz

Also i want to know where do you live. If you are in delhi then i got some work for you. I need to establish some good servers and need to hire some modder for the same.
Old 05-25-2009 , 03:44   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #27

THE NUMBER 1 THING to made SERVER LAGFREE:
Quote:
set hlds.exe piority to high in taskmanager.
This can be made with .bat file if you dont want to do this. I will post you that, now im not at home.
TwinRraZzorR
Old 05-25-2009 , 23:11   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #28

Hi , ishanjain
Firstly , sorry for my late reply .

Quote:
Also, are those extra plugins going to impact my internet connection much ??
I got 512 kbps connection...
Plugins does not affect the server side connection , they work as any add-on/modules for software you run on your pc .

For cstrike or other mod ,they are made to enhance the game ,
they use and call the game engine to execute tasks and that involves more memory and cpu usage from the server side ;
but also need other ressources such as graphics and sounds at the client side.
(the server is dumb and blind but the client game is not >;)

However some plugins require additional "things" to be downloaded : sounds ,sprites , models ..etc and that affect your internet connection ;the same thing happens when you put new maps on server.
Fortunately You can manage all the "additional downloads" that server needs by making an online host for these files (you have to mirror your Folders/files at that host).

sv_downloadurl "http://yourhost/cstrike" (see the link below for more informations.)

By this way when connected client use the host bandwidth to download missing files ,and still use your server connection during playing but at less level (server assigne a predefined amount of bandwidth for every slot)
just keep in mind server all times send and recieve data , it should be kept at it ease ,especially the internet connection from where the server is hosted .

Quote:
One last request plz.... Can you do the same for Gungame plz
it's not a broblem i will attache the mod to my post, but i think it's also ,time to you to figure out these things ,as you said you are now ,a server owner (plz don't kick me admin )

Quote:
Also i want to know where do you live. If you are in delhi then i got some work for you. I need to establish some good servers and need to hire some modder for the same.
Acctually i'm (and was born) in Algeria as my location shows .

[hlds] & sv_downloadurl(full guide)
Attached Files
File Type: rar cstrike.rar (7.33 MB, 187 views)
File Type: 7z UsedPlugins.7z (1.79 MB, 183 views)

Last edited by TwinRraZzorR; 05-26-2009 at 22:21.
ishanjain
Old 05-26-2009 , 10:36   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #29

Thanks for the detailed info buddy.....

You are right that i should try it out myself. Actually i was asking for now because my exams are going on. Tomorrow is my last one so will be doing all this by myself from tommorow.....

Well, i got one big problem....
I have started the DM server but i cannot see my server in the steams server list. Whats the problem??
The server is working as 2 players joined inbetween. Also i registered my server on game-monitor.com and it fetched all the stats properly. But still i am confused why arent any players joining my server??
I did some data mining to figure out that how many in my country own original CS. The number was quite large and all of them are dying for a free server. So, i could i get it listed on steams server list ??
Old 05-26-2009 , 18:27   Re: Just cant make a working CS server by all means
Reply With Quote #30

As far as I know it should be automatic. I've never had to "do" anything to make it show up. Maybe a particular port isn't open? I don't know for sure if that would cause it because I've never actually had that problem (other than not being able to see it because I am behind the same router as my server)