Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

No MOTD in Panorama

Post New Thread Reply   

Neuro Toxin
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2018 , 22:04   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #81

I think we all need to stop. There are emotions flying around and strong opinions. As Asher said, everyone is entitled to an opinion and its normal to have opposite opinions. This isnt the place for a battle about ads and to force opinions on others
Old 07-20-2018 , 22:15   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #82

I agree with good arguments but I don't think anyone is "forcing opinions" and we are having a normal argument despite the few here who are saying absurd things like suing and simply name calling valve (you know who you are).

So far I think good points have been made and I don't see anything unacceptable other than the few I mentioned. But I can see why this thread would be locked and understand it is a controversial topic, and plenty of good points have been made already.

Last edited by sorrybro; 07-20-2018 at 22:18.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2018 , 06:44   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #83

I just don't get why you think the leaders of alliedmodders, of all things, would be in support of they at all. It's like you don't even know who alliedmodders are or what they're about.
nadanada
BANNED
Old 07-21-2018 , 07:07   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #84

@ghostofmybrain
I don't like to take sides and personally don't mind the ads, but looking at your community, it seems like you are one of those "No ads in my server, come play in ours instead" server owners with little to no players and spend money on servers that have no players for more than 30 days on gametracker. Not to mention how you ask your players to help pay off your student loans? LOL?
Quote:
Okay, so its obviously coming up on christmas time and I am sure most people will be strapped for money. We are looking to pay off anubis' stupid student loans completely. http://forums.absurdminds.net/viewto...76868&start=40
What's up with that? Can't take you seriously with that background. Maybe if you'd spend more time recruiting or improving your servers with unique stuff, instead of arguing here, you'd be happier. Just saying.

Last edited by nadanada; 07-21-2018 at 07:10.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2018 , 07:15   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #85

Yes, that's exactly right. I pay for my servers so my community can play in them whenever they want. Well, I say "I pay", but really I get enough donations every month that I haven't paid in years, and yes, I'm very proud of the fact that i don't need to run ads.

And if you're curious, I have no student loans because I worked for five years as a math teacher in a title 1 school.

However, that has nothing to do with the type of business that alliedmodders is. They're an open source community that doesn't run ads. Why would they ever come out in support of running ads?
nadanada
BANNED
Old 07-21-2018 , 07:25   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Yes, that's exactly right. I pay for my servers so my community can play in them whenever they want. Well, I say "I pay", but really I get enough donations every month that I haven't paid in years, and yes, I'm very proud of the fact that i don't need to run ads.

And if you're curious, I have no student loans because I worked for five years as a math teacher in a title 1 school.

However, that has nothing to do with the type of business that alliedmodders is. They're an open source community that doesn't run ads. Why would they ever come out in support of running ads?
Dude, you didn't address the issue with that post on your website and whats up with you going on a tangent about open source? I never even mentioned that in my post lol. You're a math teacher? You play CSGO with your students? None of what you say ties in with what is seen.

Just saying anyways, as about you and your claims. Could care less about anything else, but I can't take you seriously with your ironic criticisms.
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2018 , 07:38   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #87

Oh yeah I had like $10 left after getting it all forgiven haha. I forgot about that. We made a big deal about complaining about it for like 6 months
Phaiz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2018 , 15:07   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #88

Communities have come and gone over the years and a lot didn't survive the quickplay removal. I know my servers were certainly on that edge for quite some time. While servers do cost money I believe there are two sides to game servers and ads. I don't have to run servers but I also don't try to make a profit or supplement my personal income with server ads. My goal has been and always will be to cover operating costs +5% for when I need to pay for custom plugins, website templates or any other server related issues.

I realize that some server owners like to shove ads in your face but fortunately most of us aren't like that. One ad (which you can pause btw) every 20-30 minutes is more than acceptable in my opinion. I think it's also important to note that some ad services default to 5 minutes between ads unless you change it.
Old 07-24-2018 , 18:32   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #89

Im just hoping they add motd in panorama mode. If not maybe we can get an alternative.

Last edited by creepa; 07-24-2018 at 18:33.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 07-24-2018 , 18:33   Re: No MOTD in Panorama
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepa View Post
Im just hoping they add motd in panorama mode
That is pretty much why this 90-post thread exists, yes.