Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update

Post New Thread Reply   

GeRikz
Old 08-19-2012 , 14:21   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #21

I Still have thease problems. is there any news about it ?
Send a message via Skype™ to GeRikz
Velture
Old 08-19-2012 , 14:58   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #22

Moderator plz don't delete my posts. It is not meant to offend anyone.

I said that valve likes BDSM and enjoys watching server supervisors suffer....

This is the truth. They know about the bug. I have posted it on this forum, on srcds forum, steam forum and valve mailinglist.... They are aware of it. This means that they enjoy watching all supervisors suffer from having this bug. This is typical BDSM.
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:09   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velture View Post

This is the truth. They know about the bug. I have posted it on this forum, on srcds forum, steam forum and valve mailinglist.... They are aware of it. This means that they enjoy watching all supervisors suffer from having this bug. This is typical BDSM.
At least they are trying to do something about it.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:13   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:

Yes of course valve know about this error aswell as the many other problems. Its all over hlds mailing list and valve have already had one crack at fixing the engine overflow error last friday but sadly failed which even more sadly meant that we would all be waiting till at least monday for another try at the fix.

We are all in the same boat, well most of us anyway. I have had around 16 crashes in just 2 days on a server that previously hadnt crashed for many months. Population has took a nosedive too because of the crashing.

But theres nothing we can do except wait for valve to fix it when they get back in work monday and even then there is no guarantee that they will release anything monday.

After running TF2 Servers since the game was released, this is really nothing new. It has happened many times and its pretty much expected these days when the bigger updates are released.

- Lob (UK)
Velture
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:29   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #25

I don't wan't to be a di*k but my server is fighting for top15 in global tf2 servers (currently 17 in gametracker) and this is the reason why I am beeing suck a bi**h about everything. This is a big thing for me and my crew becouse we are from poland and for our country it is a big deal to be so high in rank....

I am very sorry for that. I'm a bit upset.....

Last edited by Velture; 08-19-2012 at 15:31.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:37   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
I don't wan't to be a di*k but my server is fighting for top15 in global tf2 servers (currently 17 in gametracker) and this is the reason why I am beeing suck a bi**h about everything. This is a big thing for me and my crew becouse we are from poland and for our country it is a big deal to be so high in rank....

I am very sorry for that. I'm a bit upset.....
Even if it drops down a little, so will many other servers and once valve fix the crashing and servers are stable, it doesnt take long to go back up the ranks again anyway.

There is nothing anyone can do about it till valve fix it so its pointless getting upset about it. It wont change anything and will just make you even more fed up. ;)
GeRikz
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:43   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #27

Sadly my attachment is true (made by me)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mvm_update.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	108099  
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 15:45   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeRikz View Post
Sadly my attachment is true (made by me)
HaHa.
Le Awesome Nick
Old 08-19-2012 , 16:34   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #29

i got 2 server, my mann vs machine server doesnt crash at all, but my other server crashes every 2 or 3 hours, I hope valve fixes this soon, all i can do is re-open it when it crashes :l

Feel free to add me

IDLE BOTS + COOL MAP SECRET
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2012 , 16:45   Re: TF2 Overflow error writing string table crashes since MvM update
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Awesome Nick View Post
i got 2 server, my mann vs machine server doesnt crash at all, but my other server crashes every 2 or 3 hours, I hope valve fixes this soon, all i can do is re-open it when it crashes :l
Do you use a batch file for restarting your server? If you do, just add the command -nocrashdialog to your startup command-line and that will stop the error message box coming up and hence when it crashes, it will be able to restart itself again without you having to do it manually.

- Lob (UK)