Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation

Post New Thread Reply   

MMZ_Kask
Old 12-08-2015 , 21:57   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #131

Looks like it's been activated.

Quote:
COMMUNITY

Game servers and GOTV relays not logged in to a persistent game server account with a Game Server Login Token (GSLT) will only allow clients to connect from the same LAN.
Community servers can now be only connected by their real public IP or their internal RFC1918 address.
To create a GSLT, visit the GSLT creation utility here: http://steamcommunity.com/dev/managegameservers[2]
Each GSLT is restricted for use on one dedicated server instance only, and should be passed on command line with +sv_setsteamaccount THISGSLTHERE -net_port_try 1
Added an option to report servers for misrepresenting players’ inventory and/or rank.
Game servers will now display their SteamID to an operator’s status request in the server console.
Game servers with GOTV enabled and GOTV relays that need to support external clients connecting on GOTV port must set tv_advertise_watchable 1

Last edited by MMZ_Kask; 12-08-2015 at 21:57.
weldorrr
Old 12-12-2015 , 11:36   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #132

Is there any way to set this up without having to buy an iphone or something?

I'm not in the loop with cell phones, mine is like 10 years old and I've only used it like 4 times in those 10 years.

I don't really want to get one, is there another solution? Maybe getting a skype number or some other disposable number or something?

Would my old shitty cell phone work even with no plan or anything? I guess I could look for it and try it....

Last edited by weldorrr; 12-12-2015 at 11:38.
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2015 , 11:40   Re: Notice of changes to CS:GO Game Server Operation
Reply With Quote #133

Your phone should just be able to accept SMS (text messages). I don't think the phone model matters.

It's just entering some 5 digit code in.