Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Gifts not Spawning..

Post New Thread Reply   

blackracoon
Old 10-28-2011 , 03:22   Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #1

So I registered my server it has the _registered tag. It has none of the violating tags that won't show it up in mathcmaking even.

I added those details of the registered server to the server config, have rebooted several times since. The Weird eye thing (monocular) spawns every few mins like it's supposed to just not gifts.

It is running koth_viaduct_event, sourcemod server.

The only tags it has is HLStatsX:CE,_registered,alltalk,cp,increased_ maxplayers

cl_gameserver_list tells me that it's standing is good and trend is: steady.

Any ideas?

The IP is: 180.92.199.202:27015

Regards

Last edited by blackracoon; 10-28-2011 at 03:42.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-28-2011 , 09:53   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #2

Post config?
quinnlion
Old 10-28-2011 , 11:18   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #3

I too am having the same issue, server is registered and and stuff.

Owned Game Servers: 1
1 - Account ID: XXXXX. Identity Token: "XXXXXXXXXXX;. Standing: Good. Trend: Steady

Configuration has nothing to do with it, just if it qualifies for Quickplay. and Gift drops have nothing to do with this,
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2011 , 17:58   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #4

Check the HLDS mailing list, as there is a discussion going on about it. Gifts will drop with a server reboot, but then shortly after will stop all together. Potentially has to do with the Identity Token having an = sign somewhere in it, and/or it not being within quotes. Not 100% sure if that's the issue as they are still investigating the cause, but valve is aware.
Hedgehog84
Old 10-29-2011 , 10:22   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Check the HLDS mailing list, as there is a discussion going on about it. Gifts will drop with a server reboot, but then shortly after will stop all together. Potentially has to do with the Identity Token having an = sign somewhere in it, and/or it not being within quotes. Not 100% sure if that's the issue as they are still investigating the cause, but valve is aware.
I had a token with a " in it. I've spend so much time trying to figure out why presents did not drop. So thanks a lot for your hint SmackDaddy. I've switched the server to another identity (without a " in the token) and now they've start dropping.

[ragemode]Once again i'm quite disappointed. First they make the players item horny and now they force this nonsense server registration system onto us. If all those updates, bugs and crashes weren't enough work already. I'm actually getting tired of this and wonder why my community is still running TF2 servers. I guess business wise VALVe is doing a good job, but for me they've messed it up way too much.[/ragemode]

Last edited by Hedgehog84; 10-29-2011 at 10:22.
TheSpyHunter
Old 10-29-2011 , 11:44   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #6

Yesterday everything was all good.

Today nothing!
Old 10-30-2011 , 18:08   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #7

There was another thread about this and you have to have a reg server and 10 people and the server will spawn the gifts. If not check your token.
Old 10-30-2011 , 18:26   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #8

Yeah i'm getting random times where it stops spawning and it's getting annoying. It'll spawn once or twice then just stop. My servers are all registered, all in good standing, no idea wtf is going on.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 10-30-2011 , 19:16   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #9

Ya i am having the same problem, w/e the gifts stop spawning it says my server can not contact the item server so ya...I think it is just a hick up with the item servers.
Old 10-30-2011 , 20:31   Re: Gifts not Spawning..
Reply With Quote #10

The items don't appear to spawn unless there are 10 people on teams. Yesterday, we had 12 people in the server, but only 5 on red team and 4 on blu. The eyeball and presents wouldn't spawn until we moved one of the spectators to blu.

Last edited by Dravu; 10-30-2011 at 20:32.