Auto Steam Group invite

Post New Thread Reply   

Lethal-
Old 07-12-2009 , 18:49   Re: Auto Steam Group invite
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsane View Post
Bot = Script? I see...

When I posted Mike thought that the system was not working properly so he simply looked into my account and saw that there were no duplicates and that everything is working fine. The top groups all have invites going on. If there was no check like this then there would be a lot of complaints on the steam forums about never ending invites to the same group.

And if you think that the system is broken then post on the steam community forums and have Valve look into it. Chances are they will tell you that it's working fine .

EDIT:
I found the script posted on the list by Karl
Code:
*snip*
Again, try it out yourself and see how you can't send multiple invites to the same person.

I see absolutely no problem with inviting people who play on my servers to join my group once. I do it, the top 3 groups still do it, No heroes does it, [modme.info] does it, Sourceop & Voogru did it at some point, and there's way more. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it's bad. One invite to one person is fine.

Well OK... kifferwhatever group probably invites random people and not just people from their servers. But either way they can no longer spam multiple invites to the same person and so in the end it's pretty much fair .
Are you the same Insane that claims there is a better way on that mailing list? (I think it was the name insane, correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited by devicenull; 03-30-2010 at 21:41.