Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Fresh MetaMod Install Problem - Missing Shutdown Function

Post New Thread Reply   

redfox1187
Old 05-09-2011 , 13:20   Fresh MetaMod Install Problem - Missing Shutdown Function
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, Everyone!

I've been working on setting up a Dedicated Source Server for Counter-Strike: Source Beta with MetaMod since last night. I'm trying to just set up a LAN game on my Windows 7 system. I've downloaded the hldsupdatetool and setup the server, and it ran without problems.

After that, I installed MetaMod according to http://wiki.alliedmods.net/Installing_Metamod:Source. I installed 1.8.6 and created the .vdf as follows:

Code:
"Plugin"
{
    "file"    "../cstrike_beta/addons/metamod/bin/server"
}
After I place that in the addons folder, I ran my server with the same command line as earlier ( -console -game cstrike_beta -port 27015 +maxplayers 32 +map de_dust) with which the server spits out something about "Missing Shutdown Function," then closes.

I don't know how to get what the console put out, I looked for any kind of log, but I couldn't seem to find it.

I've searched this forum and google, and most threads seem to be old or say to update to the latest snapshot (http://www.metamodsource.net/snapshots). Which I downloaded 1.8.7-hgg766 and copied it over, with the same Missing Shutdown result occuring. I even tried 1.9.0-hg752 with the same result.

I am at a considerable loss now. I don't have any other plugins, as this is a brand new server, and it runs fine if I take the .vdf out and run the server without it.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-10-2011 , 07:43   Re: Fresh MetaMod Install Problem - Missing Shutdown Function
Reply With Quote #2

CS:S (and TF2) beta are not officially supported.

Because the beta has not been refreshed in a long time, you will probably have to use MM:S 1.8.5. SourceMod 1.3.6 should also run (albeit with limited functionality unless someone creates gamedata for cssbeta).
redfox1187
Old 05-10-2011 , 18:56   Re: Fresh MetaMod Install Problem - Missing Shutdown Function
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.
redfox1187
Old 05-10-2011 , 19:08   Re: Fresh MetaMod Install Problem - Missing Shutdown Function
Reply With Quote #4

I installed both of those with great success! Thank you so much.