Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Snare Speak 1.9

Post New Thread Reply   

Twitchy
Old 06-20-2009 , 18:39   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #21

This plugin is awesome, I'm running a 12 man versus server and it's hilarious listening to people constantly talking to whoever they have snared. Great plugin!! Works flawlessly.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-21-2009 , 14:38   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #22

I found a possible bug. I have Downtown1's Score/Team manager plugin on my server. I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but here is what happened.

A friend of mine started on our team at the start of the campaign. We were playing fine when he was disconnected via the stupid no steam login problem. He reconnected and was on the opposite team because someone connected and took his slot on my team. I think I pounced him, or pulled him at some point, and possibly another member of my team did too. When the action quieted down, I used the Score/team mamanger plugin to swap him back to our team. For the remainder of the map, myself, and the other that may have snared him, could not hear his mic at all, he could hear us. The last person on the team, which i don't think ever snared him, could hear him fine.

Once the map changed, we could hear everything fine.
n0limit
Old 06-22-2009 , 07:09   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
I found a possible bug. I have Downtown1's Score/Team manager plugin on my server. I don't know exactly what caused the issue, but here is what happened.

A friend of mine started on our team at the start of the campaign. We were playing fine when he was disconnected via the stupid no steam login problem. He reconnected and was on the opposite team because someone connected and took his slot on my team. I think I pounced him, or pulled him at some point, and possibly another member of my team did too. When the action quieted down, I used the Score/team mamanger plugin to swap him back to our team. For the remainder of the map, myself, and the other that may have snared him, could not hear his mic at all, he could hear us. The last person on the team, which i don't think ever snared him, could hear him fine.

Once the map changed, we could hear everything fine.
That's an interesting issue. In theory the channels should have been reset once he switched over to your team, but in your case they were not.
It almost seems as if SetListeningClient overrode the default team channels.

I'll see if I can reproduce the issue. If that is a problem, I think using SetClientListeningFlags on a team switch could fix it. It's going to be a little difficult to test though

*EDIT* I've attached a test version to fix this problem. If you get a chance to reproduce it, that'd be swell.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (SnareSpeak.sp - 458 views - 4.0 KB)

Last edited by n0limit; 06-22-2009 at 13:06. Reason: Added test version
AngryVag
Old 06-22-2009 , 16:21   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #24

Let me start by saying this plugin is awesome! Instant hit on my server also!

But I'm here to report some errors...

Code:
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM] Native "SetClientListening" reported: (Receiver) client 11 is not connected
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "SnareSpeak.smx":
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM]   [0]  Line 71, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/4/0/4/3/43905.attach::Event_PlayerRelease()
I've got several of those, a good amount but nothing crazy. Happens on any map. I do see you have a new version out which I'll try shortly to see if it happens again.

Keep up the great work!
Old 06-23-2009 , 04:27   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryVag View Post
Let me start by saying this plugin is awesome! Instant hit on my server also!

But I'm here to report some errors...

Code:
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM] Native "SetClientListening" reported: (Receiver) client 11 is not connected
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "SnareSpeak.smx":
L 06/21/2009 - 00:32:07: [SM]   [0]  Line 71, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/5/4/0/4/3/43905.attach::Event_PlayerRelease()
I've got several of those, a good amount but nothing crazy. Happens on any map. I do see you have a new version out which I'll try shortly to see if it happens again.

Keep up the great work!
Ahh, I went back and saw the same.
This happens because the person leaves the game (lol ragequit) before the person dies, triggering the channel shutdown. Of course, these types of events would eventually litter all of our error logs. This should be fixed in the newest version, 1.3
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2009 , 09:22   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #26

I'll try and test if I can get the time today. This week is crazy
bman87
Old 06-23-2009 , 09:28   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #27

So far this plugin is working great.

A couple things that would be nice.
-Make it check to make sure gametype is versus
-A on-connect message letting players know whats going on.
n0limit
Old 06-23-2009 , 16:05   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
So far this plugin is working great.

A couple things that would be nice.
-Make it check to make sure gametype is versus
Yeah, I guess channels between Hunter(n) are pretty quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman87 View Post
-A on-connect message letting players know whats going on.
If you have it, use the Advertisements plugin. It's better equipped for this. I can probably whip something up for this when I get a chance.
Craziness
Old 06-23-2009 , 18:07   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak
Reply With Quote #29

Using this plugin on my 12 Man server. Every comment thus far has been positive. No complaints, I love it! Nice Work.
bman87
Old 06-23-2009 , 23:46   Re: [L4D] Snare Speak 1.3
Reply With Quote #30

Can you add a check for bots? The bots are not very talkative ;)