Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Player's birthday.

Post New Thread Reply   

rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2012 , 16:36   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #31

MySQL Workbench refuses to edit the table if no PRIMARY KEY is defined.
Code:
ALTER TABLE `birthday` ADD PRIMARY KEY ( `steamid` )
Of course you can choose to add the KEY to just to `steamid` but I think the queries are faster if the KEY contains all the data. Fix me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by rautamiekka; 02-26-2012 at 08:18. Reason: KEY for SteamID only. Thanks to Luki for correcting.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
[PL]Luki
Old 02-25-2012 , 16:40   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #32

Adding primary key for all three fields allows you to have multiple copies of the same steamid but with another day and/or month, so it's bad idea ;)
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2012 , 20:10   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #33

Getting this error, my database is fine... There are even entries in it... so I am unsure of the cause for it:

L 02/25/2012 - 18:55:41: [SM] Native "SQL_FetchInt" reported: Current result set has no fetched rows L 02/25/2012 - 18:55:41: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "birthday.smx": L 02/25/2012 - 18:55:41: [SM] [0] Line 116, G:\FTPShit\sourcemod\WinDev\scripting\birthda y.sp::CheckBirthday() L 02/25/2012 - 18:55:41: [SM] [1] Line 93, G:\FTPShit\sourcemod\WinDev\scripting\birthda y.sp::OnPlayerSpawn()
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2012 , 08:17   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by [PL]Luki View Post
Adding primary key for all three fields allows you to have multiple copies of the same steamid but with another day and/or month, so it's bad idea ;)
Post fixed.

Last edited by rautamiekka; 02-26-2012 at 08:18.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
StrikerMan780
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2012 , 18:07   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #35

Other than the last error I posted, could someone also make this use threaded SQL queries instead of non-threaded too? Thanks.
[PL]Luki
Old 04-05-2012 , 18:53   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #36

This plugin is kinda abandoned, but I think I may do it later.
angel635
Old 04-30-2012 , 10:32   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #37

hi

Log erreur pièce joint
Attached Files
File Type: log errors_20120430.log (18.7 KB, 71 views)
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2013 , 06:52   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #38

At least the plugin still works, but the threading would be best, and stripping the 'STEAM_' part from Steam ID would save bandwidth and storage space. A feature with priority right after threading, check for a already-set birthdate so that the chat isn't spammed for those who've already set theirs; requires changing method of notifying to personal, but it's worth it.

Last edited by rautamiekka; 08-31-2013 at 07:16. Reason: Edit 1: automatic checking for birthdate
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 08-01-2014 , 05:58   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #39

[PL]Luki, we got a situation here:

CS:GO has its own Steam ID format from the usual, with a catch: the first number in the ID, 'STEAM_#', where '#' is a number, is 1 instead of 0 or whatever, otherwise the ID is identical.

This sort of requires rewriting of the plugin. It seems Miraculix, owner of CSS Bank, rewrote the plugin so that it strips the 'STEAM_#:' part of the ID, leaving just the second number, the second colon, and the number sequence for this reason. For example, my usual SID is STEAM_0:1:11268321, but in CS:GO it is STEAM_1:1:11268321. So, CSS Bank strips 'STEAM_1:' and leaves '1:11268321'.

You should do this too so that the database doesn't need to be polluted by nearly identical IDs.
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 08-01-2014 , 07:04   Re: Player's birthday.
Reply With Quote #40

There are dozens of solutions to this little problem, but the easiest way (while not the correct way) is to force a specific universe of Steam IDs regardless of what the client is using. That is to say, if the client is using the STEAM_1 branch of identifications, simply force the 6th character of the string to a 0, so that they're identified as the STEAM_0 branch.
Without looking at the source code, here's what I mean:
PHP Code:
decl String:sSteam[32];
GetClientAuthString(clientsSteamsizeof(sSteam));
sSteam[6] = '0';
//Poof! STEAM_1 becomes STEAM_0 

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 08-01-2014 at 07:04.