Post New Thread Reply   

Lux
Veteran Member
Old 10-13-2020 , 21:41   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Giving -tickrate 95 shows ingame 96/s
Stop looking at the users netgraph of incoming snapshots persecond, does not represent the tickrate the server/clients is running, 95 ticks still means a tickrate of 95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
After that I tried 60hz, and this made it work properly. I'd rather run at a higher tickrate if possible, perhaps someone has an idea?
No idea alot of things change at higher tickrate even csgo is not immune from small differences when changing tickrate you can maybe deal with it with the vomit cvars to boost range.

Last edited by Lux; 10-13-2020 at 22:13.
MasterMe
Old 10-13-2020 , 22:32   Re: L4D/L4D2 Tickrate Enabler
Reply With Quote #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Stop looking at the users netgraph of incoming snapshots persecond, does not represent the tickrate the server/clients is running, 95 ticks still means a tickrate of 95.
It was just an observation I made which I found curious, hence the "interestingly enough". Inbound rate is around 1% higher than tickrate from what I've seen. Though on official servers (I think 30hz) it's slightly below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
No idea alot of things change at higher tickrate even csgo is not immune from small differences when changing tickrate you can maybe deal with it with the vomit cvars to boost range.
I'll leave it at 60hz for a while, wonder what's going wrong on my setup compared to Spirit_12's, as it works properly over there.