Raised This Month: $344 Target: $400
 86%   Almost there!

[Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
condolent
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: gc_sLocation;
Old 09-17-2016 , 14:38   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1251

Can anybody explain to me why the STEAM-ID's listed still gets the Admin-rank and not Owner?
Both users have z-flags but the ordering should give them owner-rank, right?

Code:
//		Custom Chat Colors is written by Dr. McKay (http://www.doctormckay.com)
//		Simple Chat Colors (Redux) is written by Antithasys
//		The configuration is very similar, so I've stolen Redux's documentation :P
//		
//		How to edit this file:
//		"admin_colors"										<--	Leave this alone
//		{																<--	Add all groups/steamids after first bracket (Leave this alone)
//																			
//			"STEAM_0:1:1234567"						<--	Here is a steamid example with a tag (don't duplicate steamids)
//			{
//				"namecolor"		"#RRGGBB"						<--	This is the color for the name (#RRGGBB in hex notation or #RRGGBBAA with alpha)
//				"textcolor"		"#RRGGBBAA"						<--	This is the color of the text
//			}
//
//			"groupname"											<--	This can either be a steamid for a specific player, or a group name
//			{															<--	Open the group
//				"flag"				"z"							<--	This is the flag(s) assoicated with the group.  This field doesn't matter if the group name is a steamid
//				"tag"				"[admin]"					<--	This is the text for the tag
//				"tagcolor"		"O"						<--	This is the color for the tag
//				"namecolor"		"G"						<--	This is the color for the name
//				"textcolor"		"T"						<--	This is the color of the text
//			}															<--	Close the group
//		}																<--	Add all groups/steamids before last bracket (Leave this alone)
//
//		NOTE:
//		If you don't enter a steamid then the group name does not matter, it's just for your reference.
//
//		For colors, either a hex notation of a color (#RRGGBB or #RRGGBBAA) or one of the supported shortcuts (O - Olive, G - Green, T - Team) is required
//
//		--------ORDER OF OPERATIONS--------
//		
//		The order in which you place items in the config file matters.  Here is what determins what color they get:
//		1. SteamID
//			If there is a steamid present, it will always override everything.  If you put a steamid in twice
//			then the first entry (top to bottom) will be used. (I think, just don't do it!)
//		2. Groups
//			The plugin will search (top to bottom) for a postitive match for the flag string.  The player' flags
//			will be compared with the group flag character (NOTE: only one flag per group! "a" is okay, "ab" is NOT),
//			and if the player has the flag, it will stop there.
//			For example. Admins with the "ad" flags and donators with the "a" flag.  If you place the "a" flag group
//			above the "d" group then the admin will get the "a" colors. Order matters.
//
//		---------DO NOT EDIT ABOVE THIS LINE---------
"admin_colors"
{
	// Gr0dan
	"STEAM_0:1:22454069"
	{
		"tag"				"[Owner] "
		"tagcolor"			"{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
	}
	
	// Hypr
	"STEAM_0:0:38439947"
	{
		"tag"				"[Owner] "
		"tagcolor"			"{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
		"textcolor"			""
	}
	
	"Admin"
	{
		"flag"				"z"
		"tag"				"[ADMIN] "
		"tagcolor"          "{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
		"textcolor"			""
	}
}
condolent is offline
Hallucinogenic Troll
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2015
Old 09-17-2016 , 14:47   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1252

Quote:
Originally Posted by condolent View Post
Can anybody explain to me why the STEAM-ID's listed still gets the Admin-rank and not Owner?
Both users have z-flags but the ordering should give them owner-rank, right?

Code:
//		Custom Chat Colors is written by Dr. McKay (http://www.doctormckay.com)
//		Simple Chat Colors (Redux) is written by Antithasys
//		The configuration is very similar, so I've stolen Redux's documentation :P
//		
//		How to edit this file:
//		"admin_colors"										<--	Leave this alone
//		{																<--	Add all groups/steamids after first bracket (Leave this alone)
//																			
//			"STEAM_0:1:1234567"						<--	Here is a steamid example with a tag (don't duplicate steamids)
//			{
//				"namecolor"		"#RRGGBB"						<--	This is the color for the name (#RRGGBB in hex notation or #RRGGBBAA with alpha)
//				"textcolor"		"#RRGGBBAA"						<--	This is the color of the text
//			}
//
//			"groupname"											<--	This can either be a steamid for a specific player, or a group name
//			{															<--	Open the group
//				"flag"				"z"							<--	This is the flag(s) assoicated with the group.  This field doesn't matter if the group name is a steamid
//				"tag"				"[admin]"					<--	This is the text for the tag
//				"tagcolor"		"O"						<--	This is the color for the tag
//				"namecolor"		"G"						<--	This is the color for the name
//				"textcolor"		"T"						<--	This is the color of the text
//			}															<--	Close the group
//		}																<--	Add all groups/steamids before last bracket (Leave this alone)
//
//		NOTE:
//		If you don't enter a steamid then the group name does not matter, it's just for your reference.
//
//		For colors, either a hex notation of a color (#RRGGBB or #RRGGBBAA) or one of the supported shortcuts (O - Olive, G - Green, T - Team) is required
//
//		--------ORDER OF OPERATIONS--------
//		
//		The order in which you place items in the config file matters.  Here is what determins what color they get:
//		1. SteamID
//			If there is a steamid present, it will always override everything.  If you put a steamid in twice
//			then the first entry (top to bottom) will be used. (I think, just don't do it!)
//		2. Groups
//			The plugin will search (top to bottom) for a postitive match for the flag string.  The player' flags
//			will be compared with the group flag character (NOTE: only one flag per group! "a" is okay, "ab" is NOT),
//			and if the player has the flag, it will stop there.
//			For example. Admins with the "ad" flags and donators with the "a" flag.  If you place the "a" flag group
//			above the "d" group then the admin will get the "a" colors. Order matters.
//
//		---------DO NOT EDIT ABOVE THIS LINE---------
"admin_colors"
{
	// Gr0dan
	"STEAM_0:1:22454069"
	{
		"tag"				"[Owner] "
		"tagcolor"			"{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
	}
	
	// Hypr
	"STEAM_0:0:38439947"
	{
		"tag"				"[Owner] "
		"tagcolor"			"{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
		"textcolor"			""
	}
	
	"Admin"
	{
		"flag"				"z"
		"tag"				"[ADMIN] "
		"tagcolor"          "{02}"
		"namecolor"			"{07}"
		"textcolor"			""
	}
}
If the game is CS:GO, since you use AuthId_Steam2, the steam ids need to start with "STEAM_1" (at least, I need to do that).
Example: STEAM_0:1:22454069 -> STEAM_1:1:22454069
__________________
Hallucinogenic Troll is offline
condolent
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: gc_sLocation;
Old 09-17-2016 , 15:41   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallucinogenic Troll View Post
If the game is CS:GO, since you use AuthId_Steam2, the steam ids need to start with "STEAM_1" (at least, I need to do that).
Example: STEAM_0:1:22454069 -> STEAM_1:1:22454069
that did it! Thanks!
condolent is offline
SaudierX
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Old 09-21-2016 , 23:45   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1254

I tried alot different configs but no work for me, I'm doing something wrong?


my custom-chatcolors.cfg

"Admin_colors"

}
"STEAM_0:0:87316575" //Soldier
{
"Tag" "[Owner]"
"Tagcolor" "#FF0000"
"Namecolor" "#FFFFFF"
"Textcolor" "#FF0000"


}
}
SaudierX is offline
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlantis
Old 09-22-2016 , 09:13   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1255

Your first curly brace is flipped.
__________________
Dr. McKay is offline
SaudierX
New Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Old 09-22-2016 , 10:04   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1256

thanks for the reply

I think I found the problem, the plugin is not installed even when in the right place and installed with simple chat it does not Appear in the list of installed plugins, l trying for days make this work in my server

I never had a problem with the dedicated server, now I'm having problems installing on a vps.




inc and sp, are on right place,
I do not know what is wrong grateful if someone can help me.

Last edited by SaudierX; 09-22-2016 at 10:05.
SaudierX is offline
alster551
Junior Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Old 09-22-2016 , 11:07   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1257

I have a problem with this plugin running on a CS:GO server. I'ts not a problem with colors or anything, I just simply cant get it to work.

I have the simple chat processor redux installed and i've tried to reinstall everything, but nothing happens when I type in the chat.

The only thing i did in the config was change it to my steam ID:

Code:
"admin_colors"
{
	"<my steam ID>"
	{
		"tag"				"[BAILOPAN] "
		"tagcolor"			"O"
	}
	"VIP"
	{
		"flag"				"a"
		"tag"				"[VIP] "
		"tagcolor"			"#9EC34FAA"
		"namecolor"			"#00CCFF"
		"textcolor"			"#000000AA"
	}
}
Could you think of anything I have forgotten to do?
alster551 is offline
condolent
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: gc_sLocation;
Old 09-25-2016 , 08:08   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1258

Installed this (Mitchell's CSGO version) plugin on another server of mine and the plugin shows up in sm plugins list together with simple chat processor.

Though I do not get any changed color/tag to my name in chat? The config is copied from my other server.

Don't even get an error in console. Anybody have any idea how this can be?
condolent is offline
DingdongJR
New Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Old 10-16-2016 , 07:35   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1259

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaudierX View Post
thanks for the reply

I think I found the problem, the plugin is not installed even when in the right place and installed with simple chat it does not Appear in the list of installed plugins, l trying for days make this work in my server

I never had a problem with the dedicated server, now I'm having problems installing on a vps.




inc and sp, are on right place,
I do not know what is wrong grateful if someone can help me.
Just to start, thanks a lot for all your work Dr. McKay, but I am now having this same problem. Everything is installed in the correct place and I have all the files, but for some reason CCC is not registering as being installed. Forcing the plugin to load using console just states that it does not exist. I have tried a fresh install of the plugin.

Last edited by DingdongJR; 10-16-2016 at 07:38.
DingdongJR is offline
Xenoadria
Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Old 10-16-2016 , 08:33   Re: [Source 2013] Custom Chat Colors
Reply With Quote #1260

Hey guys. I'm having problems with this plugin. I am using Mitchell's version for CSGO. And everything was working flawlessly until last CSGO update came and when Sourcemod needed to be upgraded. Basically problems I am having now are the following:
-My admins tags are randomly being switched (example my Admin has tag ADMIN (as it should), next map he has tag VIP)
-Tag and chat colors are being lost when we retry/reconnect in the middle of the round, next map tag is back until they reconnect again

I think that's all of them atm. I hope someone will be able to help me out
Xenoadria is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:13.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode