Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.25) [25-Oct-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-24-2020 , 00:48   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.3) [25-Feb-2020]
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazrael View Post
-snip-
Yeah that seems correct. The "meleeweapons" string is read from "all" section, then the maps section, and then the plugin adds any extra custom melee weapons from the current running custom map itself. Just realised you wouldn't be able to turn off custom melee weapons from 3rd party maps because they're automatically added. If this is really required I can make some changes, but I think it's better to operate like this.

Just to clarify, if you're adding 3rd party melee weapons from a 3rd party map such as "Blood Tracks", you must be running that map, or all clients must have that map otherwise those weapons will not work when trying to enable them in other maps. They might not work on other maps anway unless the map they came from is running. This is an issue with Rescue Closet plugin in L4D1 for example, some 3rd party maps added the outhouse model and is visible on other maps, but without the 3rd party map installed on clients they are not visible. I assume this is the same with melee weapons.
Old 04-24-2020 , 00:49   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.7) [12-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #72

Yes that would be the outcome. All the config does is add onto the mission file's default list and removes any repeated stock melee.

Example:

If the default mission file has this:

PHP Code:
"fireaxe;golfclub;bt_nail;bt_sledge" 
And your Mission Info Editor config has this:

PHP Code:
"fireaxe;golfclub;flamethrower" 
Then the outcome will be:

PHP Code:
"fireaxe;golfclub;bt_nail;bt_sledge;flamethrower" 
If you repeat custom melee weapons though, the duplicates won't be removed because Silvers had to hardcode the stock melee weapons' names.

Maybe Silvers can add a config file to specify what melee weapon names to detect for when checking for duplicate entries.

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 04-24-2020 at 01:00.
Ethan Max
BANNED
Old 05-01-2020 , 17:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.8) [30-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #73

error 100: function prototypes do not match with l4d_info_editor.sp

Is there any way to change bullet types for weapons? example Magnum shooting awp bullets
Silvers
Old 05-01-2020 , 21:00   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.7) [12-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Maybe Silvers can add a config file to specify what melee weapon names to detect for when checking for duplicate entries.
Should only need to check for games stock melee weapons to avoid dupes. Just omit the 3rd party melee weapons from the info editor config since they're automatically added. Dupes might not be a problem if the game omits those itself (untested).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Max View Post
error 100: function prototypes do not match with l4d_info_editor.sp

Is there any way to change bullet types for weapons? example Magnum shooting awp bullets
There should be more lines with that error. Make sure to update the include file.

Try copying various properties from awp's file. Maybe figure out the "damage_flags" and add that.
Quote:
"primary_ammo" "AMMO_TYPE_SNIPERRIFLE"
"Damage" "115"
Old 05-04-2020 , 07:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.8) [30-Apr-2020]
Reply With Quote #75

Sorry for my ignorance, how could I edit the melee damage for the witch? I would like an example to be able to do it manually :llorar:
Tonblader
Old 06-04-2020 , 22:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.9) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #76

Does anyone know if I can add expansion campaigns to the sourcemod map menu list with this? (sm_admin)
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2020 , 09:45   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.9) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
Does anyone know if I can add expansion campaigns to the sourcemod map menu list with this? (sm_admin)
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1035526
LowIntelligence
Old 06-06-2020 , 00:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.9) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #78

Great work as always Silvers

I recently stumbled onto something, it appears that when you're forcing values (on weapons at least) that the settings will stick until you restart the server.
Unloading the plugin and reparsing weapon script files will revert keyvalues that already existed on the weapon (such as damage, clipsize, etc) but it'll keep the forced values until you restart the server.
Silvers
Old 06-06-2020 , 01:09   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.9) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #79

Which forced keys exactly? If the key didn't exist already then it won't reset because the game has no other value to change. Not really sure why I bothered adding the force/create key. I guess so you could store data in the games KV system if you really wanted, was more a proof of concept and demonstration for developers. If the key didn't already exist, I don't see why the game would even be reading it. Keys not listed by the weapons config should still have been created with the games internal default value, I guess these might not reset. Would need to know which keys you're forcing. Also the plugin was never designed to reset changes if unloaded and not something I ever intend to do.
Old 06-06-2020 , 01:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (1.9) [10-May-2020]
Reply With Quote #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Which forced keys exactly? If the key didn't exist already then it won't reset because the game has no other value to change. Not really sure why I bothered adding the force/create key. I guess so you could store data in the games KV system if you really wanted, was more a proof of concept and demonstration for developers. If the key didn't already exist, I don't see why the game would even be reading it. Keys not listed by the weapons config should still have been created with the games internal default value, I guess these might not reset. Would need to know which keys you're forcing. Also the plugin was never designed to reset changes if unloaded and not something I ever intend to do.
I'm specifically talking about the "GainRange" key, it doesn't exist on the smg while it exists on Rifles and the Silenced SMG.
And yeah, I realize the plugin wasn't designed to reset changes or with that in mind, I just happened to run into it while I was manually attempting to reset them by simply reparsing the weapon scripts after unload, got me curious.