Old 12-29-2009 , 06:11   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
Great first plugin!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperfriend View Post
I would like a variation of Mode 1, with everything the same except keeping the starting 4 health kits.
That's the second request for this feature so I'll give it a shot. However,that would cause a problem with the bug with the randomly spawned kits. I suppose I could check if each player has all ready healed. If they have, give them pills and remove their med kit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkaP View Post
I think that has to do with Dead Center 1. I think they made that map to show everyone that they changed things, that the game was diffident, with no main weapon at the start and all the new melee weapons(that everyone already played with in the demo). Because of this Dead Center 1 can't have a Tank it would be way to hard if you ran into one before the elevator(no main, no where to run, instant deaths) and that caused them to start making more maps like this.
That's bullshit though. A tank would be awesome on that level. For a start, melee rapes tanks, so it probably wouldnt be that difficult. With so much fire, itd be easy to fire him...or you could just rush round him to the safe. I'd love a tank on that map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zverina View Post
one idea for this i know would be good, would be only a single incap instead of 3, if it isnt already in, makes people more aware of their surroundings and not mess around
That is cool. I'll have a go at that too.
*EDIT
Done

I released a new version with this feature. Check the OP for more info

Last edited by jackpf; 12-29-2009 at 06:50.
StrawPedro
Old 12-29-2009 , 07:02   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #22

I love the "weapons pick up once" idea!
in several weapon-spawn location(saferoom etc..)there're just 2 T1 weapons or 3 T2 weapons,but the survivors can choose same weapon,it sucks.
Could you simply create a new mode that all of the weapons(T1/T2 and pistols) can only be picked up once?
awesome job

Last edited by StrawPedro; 12-29-2009 at 07:05.
Crimson_Fox
Old 12-29-2009 , 07:07   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #23

Hey bud, figured I should post this here as well.

Regarding black and white on first incap: You should be able to get the same result much easier by setting survivor_max_incapacitated_count to 1.

Code:
SetConVarInt(FindConVar("survivor_max_incapacitated_count"), "1")

Putting this on plug-in start should do the trick.
The client will get the heartbeat sound this way as well. At the very least it should make it so that you'd have to set a survivors incap count with defibs only.

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 12-29-2009 at 07:22.
StrawPedro
Old 12-29-2009 , 07:09   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #24

Errors detected,this plugin causes crash on c2m1,highway...I wonder if someone else has this problem...
Blakeocity
Old 12-29-2009 , 07:39   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #25

Love some of the ideas in this plugin.

I know it would defy the whole HARDCORE thing, but would it be possible for a mode that only includes the weapons only being able to be picked up once bit?
jackpf
Old 12-29-2009 , 08:13   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #26

Well, the code that defines the pickup limit is simply:
PHP Code:
DispatchKeyValue(index"count""1"); //set the pickup limit to 1 ;) (can be hard for earlier maps, since there are normally 2 weapon spawns in the saferoom) 
I'm just about to have lunch I'll do it later if I get a chance.

Ahh yeah, Crimson_Fox I replied on your thread.

Quote:
Errors detected,this plugin causes crash on c2m1,highway...I wonder if someone else has this problem...
Yeah, I've just noticed that mode 2 crashes finales. It's something to do with replacing weapons...I'll fix it soon (hopefully). Mode 1 is fine, since it doesn't touch weapons.

*EDIT
Hmm, just tested it again and it works fine. I guess it was something I did, but have changed since. I'll do some more testing though o.0

What happens if you use the latest version?

Last edited by jackpf; 12-29-2009 at 08:24.
jackpf
Old 12-30-2009 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #27

I think I fixed the finales crashing. I now have a 1 second timer which calls the function that replaces weapons.

I don't know why this works, but it does. I guess maybe whilst loading a large map and replacing weapons, the server runs out of memory.

Anyway, I haven't noticed any more crashing with the newest version.

Please tell me if it starts happening again...
Old 12-30-2009 , 21:56   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #28

Looking good! Would you kindly impact the following changes necessary for approval:
  • Check if mod is l4d/l4d2 and fail to load if not.
  • Prefix all CVARs with l4d_
  • Make a version CVAR and specify it in your Plugin Description fields in this thread.
  • Remember all CVARs you have changed and restore them when the plugin unloads (or hardcore mode is toggled to something else). I can see you changing versus_tank_chance and versus_witch_chance off the bat, maybe some other cvars I missed.

Last edited by Downtown1; 12-30-2009 at 23:11.
jackpf
Old 12-31-2009 , 06:50   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #29

I believe I have done so

Cheers,
Jack.
Old 12-31-2009 , 10:30   Re: [L4D2] HardCore Mode
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpf View Post
Well, the code that defines the pickup limit is simply:
PHP Code:
DispatchKeyValue(index"count""1"); //set the pickup limit to 1 ;) (can be hard for earlier maps, since there are normally 2 weapon spawns in the saferoom) 
I'm just about to have lunch I'll do it later if I get a chance.
please make a mode with no weapon restriction but each weapon can be only pick up once!