Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash

Post New Thread Reply   

Alex101192
Old 04-28-2020 , 06:46   L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #1

I found this 8 players plugin from ash which basically changes survivors skins to make sure there is no clones in place. After more than 4 players start to join they get l4d1 survivors and viceversa, and if you use !csm to choose a character that is already in game, then the plugin automatically fixes that and change back to a unique one. The plugin is unique and no other plugin works the same way this does.

However the problem with this plugin is that zoey isn't actually there, instead you have rochelle with zoey model. This is there because zoey doesn't work out well on windows, but that's not an issue here since I am on linux.

I am sure it's easy to change that and make it so that zoey actually has her own voice instead of rochelle's, however I found this plugin randomly on a youtube video which only linked the .smx.

Does anyone have the source code? Or can anybody decompile it and work it from there to fix this problem?
Attached Files
File Type: smx l4d2_8survivors_Ash.smx (9.6 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by Alex101192; 04-28-2020 at 06:48.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 04-28-2020 , 20:02   Re: L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex101192 View Post
I found this 8 players plugin from ash which basically changes survivors skins to make sure there is no clones in place. After more than 4 players start to join they get l4d1 survivors and viceversa, and if you use !csm to choose a character that is already in game, then the plugin automatically fixes that and change back to a unique one. The plugin is unique and no other plugin works the same way this does.

However the problem with this plugin is that zoey isn't actually there, instead you have rochelle with zoey model. This is there because zoey doesn't work out well on windows, but that's not an issue here since I am on linux.

I am sure it's easy to change that and make it so that zoey actually has her own voice instead of rochelle's, however I found this plugin randomly on a youtube video which only linked the .smx.

Does anyone have the source code? Or can anybody decompile it and work it from there to fix this problem?

Zoey used to crash on Windows but this was fixed a while ago: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308483

Sounds like old code if they're still forcing Rochelle instead. Decompiling and making proper/compilable code is not so easy and time consuming. Not something I'll do and I doubt many others would want to bother.
Old 04-30-2020 , 04:42   Re: L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #3

Seems to be based off this plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...4&postcount=50
Old 06-01-2020 , 06:39   Re: L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
Yeah it's based on that. However this fork here got some features which no other public plugin ever had. It's made by this "Ash". Do you know his profile in here if he has any? He might still have the source code.
Alex101192
Old 06-01-2020 , 06:41   Re: L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Zoey used to crash on Windows but this was fixed a while ago: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=308483

Sounds like old code if they're still forcing Rochelle instead. Decompiling and making proper/compilable code is not so easy and time consuming. Not something I'll do and I doubt many others would want to bother.
I am on linux so I don't need any fix for zoey. The plugin is outdated and still has rochelle instead. Changing it would be very easy if only sourcecode was here. Do any of you know about this "ash" guy? If he is still in this forum I can contact him and ask him about this source code.
Tonblader
Old 06-05-2020 , 04:21   Re: L4D2 8 survivors plugin from Ash
Reply With Quote #6

I recommend you use this:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2684862