Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)

Post New Thread Reply   

Airalien
Old 03-04-2012 , 11:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #551

Hope this isn't necroing of any sorts, but my curiosity has got the better of me.

Is Rochellecrab's version of Left 4 Downtown that allows L4D2 survivors to be playable on L4D1 campaigns, complete with their full voicepacks, still working with the current patch? I've tried downloading it, but my server keeps crashing when I host a game.

With my current plugins (8 Survivors plugin & CSM), I am able to spawn all survivors with their voices intact in L4D2 campaigns. But the only thing that eludes me is how I can bring out L4D2 survivors into L4D1 campaigns (No Mercy, Death Toll, etc.) with their voicepacks. Currently, I'm able to spawn them but they use the voices of the L4D1 characters instead of their own.

If there is a less complex alternative, I would be thankful for any advice. I have watched YouTube videos of people succeeding in doing so, and it still baffles me.

EDIT: I tried it out, and I somehow got this error "[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext.ext": The specified module could not be found.".

I deleted it, downloaded the latest version of Downtown (0.5.3) and tested it out. It works fine, no problems.

Am I doing something wrong? I placed the 5.2.4 files correctly into their respective sourcemod folders.

Last edited by Airalien; 03-05-2012 at 05:14.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2012 , 12:31   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #552

RochelleCrabs version works fine. Not sure how you have Bill working on L4D2 maps unless your using a modified version of him to be model only or correcting his crash problems or using mi's version.

For Rochellecrabs version.

Extract the entire contents of rochellecrabs version into left4dead2/addons/sourcemod folder and overwrite the files.

Then...

sm_cvar l4d_force survivor set 2

That will allow them on all campaigns no problem. Bill is the problem though unless you use him as model only or use Mi's version which is falty or have your own coded version.

Last edited by Sev; 03-06-2012 at 12:32.
Airalien
Old 03-06-2012 , 16:41   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #553

Hey Sev, thanks for your reply.

I did like what you said, extracting the files into the sourcemod folder, but I'm still getting this error:

"[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext.ext": The specified module could not be found."

The "l4d_force_survivor_set 2" command doesn't appear in my console.

I tried deleting and freshly extracting again, but the error consistently appears in the log.

Did a Google search, and previous replies to this thread had the same problem too. Any idea on how to fix it?
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 03-08-2012 , 21:02   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #554

you have to put it in your server.cfg

sm_cvar l4d_force_survivorset 2

Just like above. No space in between survivor and set.
Airalien
Old 03-09-2012 , 14:42   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #555

I placed it in the server.cfg, but it still does not recognize the "l4d_force_survivorset 2" command when I create the server.

I think it's still something to do with SourceMod unable to load the extension. ("left4downtown.ext.ext"), as I still see it appearing in the console whenever I bring it up.

It's simply not recognizing the l4d_force_survivorset command, which is confusing, since I've placed the files into the correct destination.

I privately messaged the people who claimed to have solved it in this topic, but gotten no reply yet.

/sigh, and the survivor voice sets are the only thing that's preventing me and my friends from enjoying a complete 8 survivor match-up in L4D1 campaigns.
jking
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-29-2012 , 10:45   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #556

I'm using this on L4D2 and wondered what, given these ongoing issues with the Bill model, are the recommended settings for the following:

l4d_csm_infected_access
l4d_csm_l4d1_survivors
l4d_csm_survivor_access

currently I'm using 3,1 & 3 respectively.
RavenDan29
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2012 , 14:59   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #557

alright to use a & b togther?
Old 06-22-2012 , 05:15   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #558

Airalien, you must install left4downtown (normal version, i use the stable release, not left4downtown2), before you install rochellecrab's version.
MoUnTwOw
Old 06-22-2012 , 07:48   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #559

Very cool! I love the show!
Veteran Member
Old 07-15-2012 , 12:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Character Select Menu (2.5a/b)
Reply With Quote #560

@skull stable release for l4d2?

how do i make the survivor !csm menu display all 8 different chars without infected options and model options?