Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved How to allow empty statements?

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2018 , 20:22   Re: How to allow empty statements?
Reply With Quote #11

Empty statements are pretty useless, honestly. If it's gonna be empty, why not change the conditions inside the statement to be the opposite, so that it does NOT stay empty? Having an empty statement is the equivalent of not having a statement at all, in terms of usage.

PHP Code:
// Empty statement
if (!foo(0a) && !foo(1a) && !foo(2a))
{

//
}

// Not empty
if (foo(0a) || foo(1a) || foo(2a))
{

dummy();

Old 10-21-2018 , 21:06   Re: How to allow empty statements?
Reply With Quote #12

KliPPy, hmm, sure, it's an option. Though, logic is now less intuitive readable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420
i'm not even really sure what this guys trying to do.
Just a matter of convenience, like if I have these lines:

Code:
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_M16, g_bForbid_M16, "weapon_rifle"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_Sniper, g_bForbid_Sniper, "weapon_hunting_rifle"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_AutoShot, g_bForbid_AutoShot, "weapon_autoshotgun"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_PumpShot, g_bForbid_PumpShot, "weapon_pumpshotgun"))
		GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_SMG, g_bForbid_SMG, "weapon_smg");
And at some point of time if I would like to swap a couple of lines between each other (like, first and last line). I can't do that. I need to to add "if (" to the last line and remove "if (" from 1-st line, then swap.

But, in this sample:
Code:
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_M16, g_bForbid_M16, "weapon_rifle"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_Sniper, g_bForbid_Sniper, "weapon_hunting_rifle"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_AutoShot, g_bForbid_AutoShot, "weapon_autoshotgun"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_PumpShot, g_bForbid_PumpShot, "weapon_pumpshotgun"))
	if (!GiveOrRemoveWeaponOnCondition(client, 0, g_bStartItem_SMG, g_bForbid_SMG, "weapon_smg"))
{ dummy() }
I can swap any lines without modification.

--------------------------------

MasterMind420, thank you. I see my mistake. I have extra semicolon after {} in my 1-st post. Really stupid mistake.
Topic is resolved. Thanks for all.

Last edited by Dragokas; 10-21-2018 at 21:09.