Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

Wildfire
Old 01-21-2009 , 18:28   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #31

Ok, im going sound like a noob asking this and forgive me if this is somewhat unrelated...

Is it possible to run several servers running this plug-in on one MYSQL database?.

Also im receiving this error when running createtable.php

Quote:
Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sites/********.co.uk/public_html/test/common.php on line 84
Maps table created successfully!
Maps data inserted successfully!
Players table created successfully!
All tables created successfully!
Any ideas?.
Old 01-21-2009 , 18:30   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #32

Did you rename the createtable.php file? If you did that's probably why, but it is a harmless warning.

And yes, you can run multiple servers from the same database.
Old 01-21-2009 , 18:48   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Did you rename the createtable.php file? If you did that's probably why, but it is a harmless warning.

And yes, you can run multiple servers from the same database.
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was running it under the default file name, but if it's a harmless warning then that's fine.

As for running multiple servers from the same database, how would I go about doing this?, is it related to the username used?.

And I also forgot to mention another error which I receive when displaying the rank awards page.
Quote:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_put_contents() in /home/sites/********.co.uk/public_html/test/awards.php on line 87
I've made sure I have set the awards_cache.html file as chmod 777.

Last edited by Wildfire; 01-21-2009 at 19:03.
Jschmuck2
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:09   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #34

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I realize it's not your job (especially after designing such a bang-arang plugin) to offer low level support like this but I'm going to ask anyhow and hope someone takes mercy on an HTML challenged nooblet, such as myself.

I've gotten to uh, step 2 in the install process - running the createtables PHP file.

...I can't figure it out. I mean, I have it uploaded into the right directory via my host but when I point my browser at it, I just see the text of the file itself. No rainbows or fireworks shoot from the screen, as I understood that they would.

If you were me, what would you do to fix that? (suggestions of suicide need not apply =))
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:12   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfire View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I was running it under the default file name, but if it's a harmless warning then that's fine.

As for running multiple servers from the same database, how would I go about doing this?, is it related to the username used?.

And I also forgot to mention another error which I receive when displaying the rank awards page.
I've made sure I have set the awards_cache.html file as chmod 777.
To run from multiple databases, you would just need to 1.) make sure that the MySQL user has proper grant access for all of your server IPs (or use a wildcard host), and 2.) make sure your database.cfg is correct on all of your servers. That should be all that is necessary.

What version of PHP are you running? I am assuming it is earlier than PHP5, since file_put_contents() was not added until 5.0.0. I would strongly recommend upgrading your PHP installation if, for no other reason, PHP4 is very out dated and considered historical.

Last edited by msleeper; 01-21-2009 at 19:24.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:13   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jschmuck2 View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I realize it's not your job (especially after designing such a bang-arang plugin) to offer low level support like this but I'm going to ask anyhow and hope someone takes mercy on an HTML challenged nooblet, such as myself.

I've gotten to uh, step 2 in the install process - running the createtables PHP file.

...I can't figure it out. I mean, I have it uploaded into the right directory via my host but when I point my browser at it, I just see the text of the file itself. No rainbows or fireworks shoot from the screen, as I understood that they would.

If you were me, what would you do to fix that? (suggestions of suicide need not apply =))
It sounds like you are not running PHP in your webserver. Contact your host and ask them to install the latest version of PHP for you.
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:15   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
It sounds like you are not running PHP in your webserver. Contact your host and ask them to install the latest version of PHP for you.
That WAS fast Well, in the short time I was poking around, I think I figured it out...hold please

Last edited by Jschmuck2; 01-21-2009 at 19:17.
Jschmuck2
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:41   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #38

Now I'm getting this error kicked back at me:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'thatguyj'@'www520.hostpc.com' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxx/l4d/common.php on line 70

Server side huh?

Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /homexxxxxl4d/createtable.php on line 99
Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Last edited by Jschmuck2; 01-21-2009 at 19:46.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 19:44   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #39

either incorrect password, or the user doesnt have access to that DB or the user doesnt have access from that IP address.
Old 01-22-2009 , 03:41   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #40

Very nice plugin

Got it installed and working very quickly.