[L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.21) [05-Jul-2022]

Post New Thread Reply   

Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-23-2020 , 14:52   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.1) [22-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
Kids this is why you shouldn't drink when you are scripting plugins.
Seriously? One minor detail. Don't even drink. Thanks, maybe I shouldn't bother releasing anything.
Old 01-23-2020 , 20:12   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.1) [22-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Seriously? One minor detail. Don't even drink. Thanks, maybe I shouldn't bother releasing anything.
I'm a drunk ass. It was meant to be a tongue and cheek humor.

I apologize if that offended you.
Old 01-23-2020 , 22:41   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.2) [24-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
I apologize if that offended you.
Thank you, sorry. Humour/sarcasm doesn't come across well online and as usual I misunderstood. Just assumed it was a snarky comment when I'm only trying to provide as much information as possible to keep the plugin/thread to a high standard unlike half the plugins out there which provide little to no information. People always end up asking for some detail even the most basic things so I try to provide it all. Was simple copy paste mistake at 5am.

Quote:
l4d_tongue_damage.cfg
Quote:
tongue and cheek humor.
Well LOL.

Updated:
Code:
1.2 (24-Jan-2020)
    - Added TraceRay to hit zombies directly in front of player. Thanks to "Lux" for suggesting.
    - Replaced optional VPhysics extension with gamedata method. Thanks to "BHaType" for suggesting.
    - Cvar "l4d2_throwable_spin" uses this method and requires the optional gamedata file.
    - Fixed damage not crediting the owner.
Old 01-24-2020 , 13:38   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.3) [24-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathilde View Post
Can I throw the shield? Cuz it's crap in game
(Edit: Throwable shields that decapitate.)
Added support for the Riot Shield and 3rd party melee weapons under the name "Generic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebred View Post
Is there a possibility for the melee to automatically return back to the player after a short time after it had been thrown? Like a boomerang.
Added option for boomerang! Pretty fun. Thanks.

Code:
1.3 (24-Jan-2020)
    - Added cvar "l4d2_throwable_return" to enable a boomerang effect and return the weapon to thrower.
    - Added support for "Riot Shield" melee type and "Generic" - any 3rd party melee weapon.
    - Riot Shield requires extra scripts to enable, I do not support. You're on your own.
    - Data config changed to add the new types.
    - Changed from using max health cvars to reading the entities "m_iMaxHealth" value.
    - Fixed incorrect percentage calculation when using the "hits" damage type.
    - Replaced index numbers with enums for easier source readability.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-24-2020 at 13:38.
moschinovac
Old 01-25-2020 , 04:14   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.3) [24-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #15

Good plugins! Sometime Guitar throw will hit yourself (cause the throw stop instant) and Cant Throw Baseball Bat even set to All. Run 'n Throw will cause some weapon hit yourself too. Ex: Axe and Guitar. And Seem the Throw doesn't dmg Tank..

Last edited by moschinovac; 01-25-2020 at 04:38.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-25-2020 , 06:50   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.3) [24-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #16

Code:
0	0x72726554
1	0xe92aeff3
2	bintools.ext.so!CallWrapper::Execute [CallWrapper.cpp:144 + 0xa] 
3	sdktools.ext.2.l4d2.so!SDKCall [vcaller.cpp:415 + 0x14]
Got a server crash the moment I press ZOOM key...Accelerator points to an incorrect gamedata to be the likely cause. I'm running Sourcemod 1.10 on Linux.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 01-25-2020 at 06:52.
Silvers
Old 01-25-2020 , 12:10   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.3) [24-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by moschinovac View Post
Good plugins! Sometime Guitar throw will hit yourself (cause the throw stop instant) and Cant Throw Baseball Bat even set to All. Run 'n Throw will cause some weapon hit yourself too. Ex: Axe and Guitar. And Seem the Throw doesn't dmg Tank..
Oh yeah tank has wrong index, fixing. I've fixed self hitting and removed traceray too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
Got a server crash the moment I press ZOOM key...Accelerator points to an incorrect gamedata to be the likely cause. I'm running Sourcemod 1.10 on Linux.
Thanks another copy paste fail. Uploaded the correct signature for Linux.

This is what happens when you write a plugin in 3 hours and release straight away.

Thanks for all the bug reports, I think it should be pretty stable and bug free now...

Code:
1.4 (25-Jan-2020)
    - Fixed incorrect Linux gamedata signature causing crashing.
    - Fixed the "l4d2_throwable_types" cvar using the wrong index.
    - Fixed the Baseball Bat not working.
    - Fixed the Golfclub not playing any sounds.
    - Fixed the Tank not taking damage.
    - Fixed truncating damage values with 4 numbers to 3.
    - Fixed hitting when the melee is not moving or potentially not always hitting.
    - Fixed hitting yourself.
    - Removed TraceRay.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-25-2020 at 13:36.
sonic155
Old 01-25-2020 , 23:16   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.4) [25-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #18

I made a test video for your plugin =o

Test video here [ https://youtu.be/OLLXfbah5cY ]

Last edited by sonic155; 01-25-2020 at 23:45. Reason: adding video link
Silvers
Old 01-26-2020 , 12:08   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.4) [25-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic155 View Post
I made a test video for your plugin =o

Test video here [ https://youtu.be/OLLXfbah5cY ]
Thank you very much for the videos! Can I add the videos links you made (and posted in some other plugin threads) to their first post?

About some of the things you mentioned:

1. The zombie/chargers being thrown to their side seems to be another plugin you have, this plugin doesn't affect ragdoll direction.

2. The boomerang only returns when it hits an object that can be interacted, any object with an entity index. When it hits the "world" or non-interactive objects it won't return. I could fix this by having it return when the object goes stationary but I don't think that would be so good. The problem is the "OnTouch" function is not fired when touching the world, unlike some other objects.

3. I guess the Tonfa and Cricket Bat have switched place in the index, it'll work if you set "l4d2_throwable_types 2047". I now realise that the Frying Pan is missing from this cvar which is causing the problem. So all the indexes are wrong from this point onward.

Edit: update:
Code:
1.5 (26-Jan-2020)
    - To fix the Tonfa not working change "l4d2_throwable_types" value to "2047".

- New feature: Throw distance - the longer you hold Zoom before releasing the further you throw. Requested by "MasterMind420".
    - Added cvar "l4d2_throwable_speed_max" to set a maximum throwing speed when holding MMB. Minimum speed set by "l4d2_throwable_speed".
    - Added cvar "l4d2_throwable_speed_time" to scale the throwing speed, how long the key must be held to reach maximum speed when letting go.
    - Changed cvar "l4d2_throwable_types" value to "2047" to include the missing Frying Pan option.
    - Boomerang type now verifies the players weapon slot is empty before equipping.
    - Optimized throwing event CPU cycles by validating weapon in WeaponSwitch.
    - Removed all commented out reference code.

Last edited by Silvers; 01-26-2020 at 16:29.
sonic155
Old 01-27-2020 , 03:41   Re: [L4D2] Throwable Melee Weapons (1.4) [25-Jan-2020]
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Thank you very much for the videos! Can I add the videos links you made (and posted in some other plugin threads) to their first post?

About some of the things you mentioned:

1. The zombie/chargers being thrown to their side seems to be another plugin you have, this plugin doesn't affect ragdoll direction.

2. The boomerang only returns when it hits an object that can be interacted, any object with an entity index. When it hits the "world" or non-interactive objects it won't return. I could fix this by having it return when the object goes stationary but I don't think that would be so good. The problem is the "OnTouch" function is not fired when touching the world, unlike some other objects.

3. I guess the Tonfa and Cricket Bat have switched place in the index, it'll work if you set "l4d2_throwable_types 2047". I now realise that the Frying Pan is missing from this cvar which is causing the problem. So all the indexes are wrong from this point onward.

Edit: update:
Code:
1.5 (26-Jan-2020)
    - To fix the Tonfa not working change "l4d2_throwable_types" value to "2047".

- New feature: Throw distance - the longer you hold Zoom before releasing the further you throw. Requested by "MasterMind420".
    - Added cvar "l4d2_throwable_speed_max" to set a maximum throwing speed when holding MMB. Minimum speed set by "l4d2_throwable_speed".
    - Added cvar "l4d2_throwable_speed_time" to scale the throwing speed, how long the key must be held to reach maximum speed when letting go.
    - Changed cvar "l4d2_throwable_types" value to "2047" to include the missing Frying Pan option.
    - Boomerang type now verifies the players weapon slot is empty before equipping.
    - Optimized throwing event CPU cycles by validating weapon in WeaponSwitch.
    - Removed all commented out reference code.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Q~Thank you very much for the videos! Can I add the videos links you made (and posted in some other plugin threads) to their first post?
A~ yes you can I dont mind the videos were made to help you and get info to fix and update the plugin(s) if they can help others feel free to share them =)

Q~1. The zombie/chargers being thrown to their side seems to be another plugin you have, this plugin doesn't affect ragdoll direction.
A~ noted ill check around see what plugin could be doing that of couse it doesnt mess with gameplay much so its not needed at this time =o

Q~2. The boomerang only returns when it hits an object that can be interacted, any object with an entity index. When it hits the "world" or non-interactive objects it won't return. I could fix this by having it return when the object goes stationary but I don't think that would be so good. The problem is the "OnTouch" function is not fired when touching the world, unlike some other objects.
A~ I think it would better the way it is now mainly cuz it seems like anything a survivor has used/ touched will act as a way to have the melee return to them knowing this players could use up random places that could aid them in getting the melee return to them in case they missed this would spend less time running after the melee and more time with the melee in hand

Q~3. I guess the Tonfa and Cricket Bat have switched place in the index, it'll work if you set "l4d2_throwable_types 2047". I now realise that the Frying Pan is missing from this cvar which is causing the problem. So all the indexes are wrong from this point onward.
A~ noted ill switch "l4d2-throwable-types" to "2047" thanks for the input as for the finding oout the missing cvar im happy I was able to help =)

keep up the great work I look forword to how this plugin comes along if you want I can make more test videos as new updates come out =O