Post New Thread Reply   

I_am_simon
Old 10-31-2004 , 20:07   Joining my own dedicated server help please
Reply With Quote #1

I am hosting amxx 16
I need to be able to either:

1. host a listen server
2. join my own dedicated server

Whenever i try to host a listen server it just quits before the game is finihed loading. counter strike crashes at the starting local game server step. (first one)

I can't join my own dedicated server on Lan or on the internet.

I want to be able to host games over a lan and join with the computer hosting.

Someone please help me i will post anything that would help you figure out my problem.

Thanks alot for who ever helps me.

I am sure this is a problem for many more people then me.
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2004 , 20:35  
Reply With Quote #2

Set the dedicated server to use UDP port 27016 instead of 27015 and then connect to 127.0.0.1:27015. Your server will probably lag like crazy though.
Old 10-31-2004 , 20:44  
Reply With Quote #3

actuly when u have a dedicated over a lan you oviously need to forward a port and you need to connect to ur dedicated via ur network ip so for exsample 192.168.0.1:27015 if u do it threw the 127.0.0.1:27015 it will ask u to log into steam and won't let u play... at least this is my exsperince so if u have a network ip connect threw ur network ip and make shure to forward the port to ur computer for out side connections that is for dedicated

NO Support Via PM
I_am_simon
Old 10-31-2004 , 23:20   thanks
Reply With Quote #4

Ok thanks you guys alot for your help.

but i am not all that great at this kind of ip thing. I know a little bit but not much

ok here we go
i am running dsl.

the modem has two things coming out of it
my moms mac on 192.168.0.2
and my router on 192.168.0.1

then my router gives my computer the ip of 192.168.123.119
my other computer also on my network and router is 192.168.123.165
they are both on same steam account with same cd key

computer 192.168.123.119 is hosting a dedicated server for lan game purposes only

192.168.123.156 can connect fine to my dedicated server over lan and on internet.

the server computer can not connect to its self on lan and says that my cd key is in use when i try to connect online

I need my computer to be able to connect to its own dedicated server.

perferably i need it to connect while there is no internet connection available

if this is to confusing maybe someone knows why my listen server crashes when trying to load.
I know it has something to do with amxx mod becuase if i only load metamod and not amxx it runs fine.

again thanks alot... oh also how do you connect to a server based on ip address?
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 10-31-2004 , 23:30  
Reply With Quote #5

It wont let two users with the same SteamID connet to the same server under any circumstance...
.16 is not made for listen servers..try .20
If you want to connect with ip go to favorites and add server then type in ip...or in console type connect ip.
Old 11-01-2004 , 00:43   ok
Reply With Quote #6

so 2 users with same steam id can't play in same game even if it is lan?

and can i just update to .20 by replacing the dll file or will i have to change everything. When i got .16 it was because wc3ft was not working with .20 then. im going to look up how to upgrade but if u could just tell me if i only have to replace the amxx.dll file that would be great thanks alot for all of your help.[/b]
I_am_simon
Old 11-01-2004 , 01:09   got it to work
Reply With Quote #7

I just got it to work...

i started my dedicated server on a different port in lan mode... 27016
then startedup counterstrike and in the console typed connect 192.168.123.119:27016

it worked perfectly.
then i joined with my other computer with same steam id, and cdkey and joined the lan game
I had both of my computers in my dedicated server and it worked perfectly. I had a ping of around 10 on both comps so i am guessing that counterstrike sends the request out for 192.168.123.119 to my router which then sends it back to the other port. Well it will work fine for at least 20 people without a ping about 30-40.
Again thanks alot for your help

if anyone needs help about t his subject feel free to email me or post here i will try to help
I_am_simon
Old 11-01-2004 , 01:11   one more question
Reply With Quote #8

since i am running a modem and a router how would i forward my port for online dedicated server... i know what port to forward but would i forward it from my modem to my router and router to pc or modem to pc or router to pc. both my modem and router have port forwarding capeabilites i would apreciate your help on this topic.
twistedeuphoria
Veteran Member
Old 11-01-2004 , 01:46  
Reply With Quote #9

Interesting Any way there should be a port forwarding section on your router setup.
Check this out for some help with your router...Here
Old 11-02-2004 , 01:18  
Reply With Quote #10

I know how to port forward and all just wondering if i need to forward from:

1.modem to router to computer
or
2.router to computer
or
3.modem to computer

anyone know about this subject?