Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2010 , 19:58   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.1)
Reply With Quote #131

Ok. I talked to a few people, and according to them, the reason for the crashes is because of the polycount update. Its running out of free slots in the precache table, and since this plugin uses so many models, I have to precache a boatload. Its a Valve issue, only they can fix it. Until then, the only thing I can do to maybe help alleviate the issue slightly is to chop down the model list. I think I am going to have to lose like 10-15 models from the list to help fix crashing on some maps....

To be honest, the only maps I was able to reproduce the error on, was cp_steel. So its possible that the current plugin/model list is fine, as long as you dont run this plugin on cp_steel. However, I did not test all the maps, so its possible the same issue might be present on other maps as well. I know someone mentioned crashes on cp_fastlane, but I did not crash on that one. It may be other plugins you have loaded with this that is adding to the crashing.

I am currently working a few other mentioned bugs like the spy cloak thing and seeing whats up with that, as soon as I deal with that, Ill post an updated version.

The main issue you will have is, if you use this plugin AND other model related plugins that precache models, you may be causing yourself server crashes from precache table overflows at the moment. You might need to be very cautious how many plugins youre using that precache models as they could all contribute to a possible crash until valve fixes this.

Last edited by retsam; 11-24-2010 at 20:34.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2010 , 21:59   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #132

Update v1.2:

Until I have the time to see if theres any sophisticated methods of checking the precache table, you guys will have to use a lower number of models in the propbonusround_models.txt file. I am going to see if theres a smart way to detect the tables limit so I can then have the plugin automatically stop precaching before the server crashes. If that is possible, ill post another update at some point..

In the plugin itself and propbonusround_models.txt file in OP, I have removed 12 models. You guys will have to either delete your current propbonusround_models.txt file or redownload the new one, or just pick between 8-12 models you want to delete and delete them. You should probably only do this if youre having crash issues, it is possible that is not necessary to do.

Anyways. I have updated the plugin. I changed a few minor things. Lmk if theres any issues.

Last edited by retsam; 11-24-2010 at 22:04.
FoxMulder
Old 11-24-2010 , 22:26   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #133

Hey retsam I don't use your plugin but we've had that exact error with cp_steel so we've disabled it from our rotation.
Old 11-25-2010 , 23:41   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #134

Ok, we'll remove dome models. What is, in your opinion, the average limit ?
My servers have about 45 models.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 14:44   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #135

Yeah, I dont know. Not sure what the limit might be. I would only start to worry about that if youre having crashes though. I think you said you were not so..... Since the crashes are not necessarily related to my plugin, but any plugins that might precache a boatload of models, you might just have to play it by ear.

I would also advise staying away from cp_steel if you use custom plugins with models. For whatever reason, that map seems to have a low amount of precache table slots open. That was the only map I could get to crash on my server. However, that was ONLY with the models from my plugin precached and no others.

Last edited by retsam; 11-29-2010 at 14:49.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 17:42   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #136

We're having two issues:

1. When all losing players are killed....the bonus round doesn't end.
2. Hats are visible when disguised as a prop, thus making it easier to know a prop is a player.

Thank you for your time.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 21:55   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #137

Oh right. I completely forgot about the hat issue. Woops... Ill post an update in a second.

As for the bonus round not ending, what do you mean? The bonus round is controlled by TF2, not this plugin. It should not affect when the bonus round ends. Just like normal bonus round, if all players die, the bonus round continues until the server set time limit is reached. The plugin doesnt change that.

Last edited by retsam; 11-29-2010 at 22:13.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2010 , 23:10   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #138

Update v1.3:

- Put invis code back into plugin for hats. I guess I forgot about hats. Sorry about that.
Old 11-30-2010 , 19:51   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.2)
Reply With Quote #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
Oh right. I completely forgot about the hat issue. Woops... Ill post an update in a second.

As for the bonus round not ending, what do you mean? The bonus round is controlled by TF2, not this plugin. It should not affect when the bonus round ends. Just like normal bonus round, if all players die, the bonus round continues until the server set time limit is reached. The plugin doesnt change that.
Well, we never had a problem having the bonus round end when all were dead before the plugin. Now, when everyone dies, it doesn't recognize it and i think it does have to do with your plugin where you respawn all the dead players for it......just a guess of course, but I've been running this server for over a year now and never had the round continue on to the time limit (when all were dead) until this plugin.....
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2010 , 01:14   Re: [TF2] Prop Bonus Round (1.3)
Reply With Quote #140

So...youre saying the round continues on forever or just until the end of the bonus round? Meaning, the bonus round never ends?

Ya, if you respawn the dead players, maybe try disabling that cvar and see if it still happens. Doesnt the bonus round always continue on until the bouns round timelimit is hit normally regardless of players dead or alive?