Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2009 , 12:21   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #131

This will disable all notifications, MacGyver. Go to left4dead/cfg/sourcemod and open plugin.all4dead.cfg with notepad, change the following and save:
Whether or not we announce changes in game.
// -
// Default: "1"
a4d_notify_players "0"
//
If that dosen't work, add a4d_notify_players 0 to your server.cfg.
MacGyver
Old 03-19-2009 , 14:22   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
This will disable all notifications, MacGyver. Go to left4dead/cfg/sourcemod and open plugin.all4dead.cfg with notepad, change the following and save:
Whether or not we announce changes in game.
// -
// Default: "1"
a4d_notify_players "0"
//
If that dosen't work, add a4d_notify_players 0 to your server.cfg.

Thank you so much for your help man! What a kick a** community this is! I will try that on my server this evening! Thanks again.
0detox0
Old 03-19-2009 , 17:11   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #133

Apparently I was ignored can anyone answer my previous post ? This would seem to take priority since tank spawns ruin the match.
MacGyver
Old 03-20-2009 , 14:20   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0detox0 View Post
Apparently I was ignored can anyone answer my previous post ? This would seem to take priority since tank spawns ruin the match.

From what I understand man, you should dissable the director.......then just spawn what you want manually for each round.?? I think its the director that is causing you too many tanks? Anyone else know? I am having the same issue but am just going to simply turn the director off and see what happens. Also, when you "spawn infected" and spawn a tank, is there any way to designate who becomes the tank, or is it completely random? Thanks guys!
Apex_
Old 03-20-2009 , 20:09   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0detox0 View Post

I sympathize man, we've been running DA and DT since the week the game came out and really began playing them heavily when Crimson let me test out his versus tools meta plugin.

Some observations to throw into the pot with detox's post...Almost every time a team doesn't get a tank while their opponents do, it's the second team up. In my (extensive!) experience anyway, playing infected first means you're less likely to get a tank than the first survivor team, and most often the first team gets an *earlier* tank to boot.

With the exception of occasional back-to-back tanks (literally less than a 1% map progress gap between them) or complete omission of a tank by the director for the second team up, I've had pretty good luck with the placement. Luck mind you, since the director seems to outright ignore almost all cvars for versus on those two maps. Pretty strange stuff.

To be completely honest I enjoy the randomized placement of bosses. The variance in amount given to each team is what gets on my nerves.
0detox0
Old 03-21-2009 , 00:18   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #136

Your right as well. I talked with someone who said all of theres were correct. Then loaded exact config an plugins they had but yet the second team only one tank, an the first team two tanks on that occasion

Although the first level i have had lots of success on fixed spawns it seems like the further you go the more screwed up it gets.
death_hawk
Old 03-24-2009 , 20:19   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #137

So I've been fighting with SM on a bunch of forks and BAILOPAN told me that the risks of running one instance is basically the data folder.

My question is, does this plugin utilize the data folder at all?
I don't want to have to install 40 instances of L4D just so I can get Sourcemod on it.

Oh and has anyone else tested this on a single install of Sourcemod that's on a forked server?
Number Six
Old 04-04-2009 , 09:32   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #138

grandwazir , no news on update your plugin with medit kits options ans others ??

.shane.
Old 04-04-2009 , 18:42   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #139

Hey all, I'm having troubles using most of the commands, I have the most recent Snapshot of sourcemod and metamod. I am also using Left4Dead tools.

one of the errors:

"
L 04/04/2009 - 178:28: [SM] Native "FakeClientCommand" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 04/04/2009 - 178:28: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "all4dead.smx":
L 04/04/2009 - 178:28: [SM] [0] Line 1246, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/4/7/1/4/7/37022.attach::StripAndExecuteClientCommand()
L 04/04/2009 - 178:28: [SM] [1] Line 624, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/4/7/1/4/7/37022.attach::SpawnInfected()
L 04/04/2009 - 178:28: [SM] [2] Line 616, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums/files/4/7/1/4/7/37022.attach::Command_SpawnInfected()
"

Little new to source type servers, appologize for ignorance in advance
grandwazir
Old 04-05-2009 , 16:34   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by death_hawk View Post
So I've been fighting with SM on a bunch of forks and BAILOPAN told me that the risks of running one instance is basically the data folder.

My question is, does this plugin utilize the data folder at all?
I don't want to have to install 40 instances of L4D just so I can get Sourcemod on it.

Oh and has anyone else tested this on a single install of Sourcemod that's on a forked server?
This mod only has things in the cfg folder. It does not touch the data folder.