Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    improves the health system by helping a teammate, healing yourself, incapacitated, and even on death!
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Belongs in the original authors thread, simply changing some hard coded values does not qualify as a new plugin
    Old 06-08-2023 , 11:32   [l4d/l4d2] REVIVE AND HEALING IMPROVED!
    Reply With Quote #1

CREDITS TO THE CREATOR OF TWO PLUGINS THAT SERVED AS INSPIRATION TO MAKE THIS ONE:

WhatsAnName (Fast Resuscitation) = https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2596793

WhatsAnName (fast cure) = https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2596304

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------

In the original plugin, the creator edited it to heal and revive teammates quickly and with a super health boost.

In this version that I edited from two plugins from the same creator, I established the game's default revive and healing time for those who would only like the health improvements (a more vanilla version).

I particularly loved the health improvement that the author made because it's very strange when we use some medicine and it doesn't increase our health to 100%.

some functions have been added to help mainly those who want to have an easier time surviving experienced modes alongside bots.

CHARACTERISTICS:

******improved healing******:

-Medical kits will take the standard time to heal and will give the player 100% health.

- Pills provide 100% health to players.

-adrenalines provide 100% health, the amount of health provided by adrenaline will be the same amount that the speed special effect will last = improvement that was not in the original plugin

- during the drain effect, the player will revive other incapacitated players at the speed of 1 second only = improvement that was not in the original plugin

- using defibrillators takes 1 second to revive = improvement that was not in the original plugin

*******revive and death improved*********:

-Fallen players take the standard time to get up and will receive 100% health (THIS HEALTH THAT FALLEN PLAYERS WILL RECEIVE IS NOT THE SAME HEALTH AS THE MEDID KIT, IT IS THE RED AND TEMPORARY HEALTH OF THE GAME ITSELF)

- after players died and spawned at the spawn points, they received the same primary weapon they were using instead of receiving a weaker tier weapon (weaker tier weapon: game default) = improvement that was not in the original plugin

- incapacitated players received 600 health instead of 300 (300 = game default) = improvement that was not in the original plugin

- disabled players did not receive penalties to their accuracy with pistols or primary weapons (primary weapons: another plugin is needed for this function) = improvement that was not in the original plugin

- incapacitated players did not receive penalties to their rate of fire with weapons, instead they will fire faster (fit for you who didn't find a plugin that uses primary weapons) = cociderable improvement that was not in the original plugin

- the number of times needed to die after being incapacitated (black and white vision: death vision) changed from 2 (game default) to 5 = improvement that was not in the original plugin

PACKAGE WITH SEPARATE FUNCTIONS:

- the plugin was made to help the player survive better in experienced modes, but you can download a package made by me with separate functions if you only want one function specifically.

ATTENTION:

instead of criticizing the plugin for free, you could help to improve it by posting your code line that may also include some of your ideas, this is what I would do in particular.

even if my posted plugins are horrible in the eyes of someone who is a veteran in the subject, I think exclusively of players who just want to play and not become programming wizards, I also ask for humility because I am a newbie in the subject!

Below there will be one of the most beautiful phrases I've ever seen on the source code website:

~ "If you don't like the plugin then make your own"

- Silvers.
    NOTE:

if you want to edit the values of this plugin, just use notepad++, all plugins posted here including in the separate package, there will be source code just to receive modifications.

they are quite easy to edit.

INSTALLATION:

download the file and paste it in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\plugins
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (IMPROVED_HEALING_AND_MEDICINES.sp - 95 views - 1,012 Bytes)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (IMPROVED_DEATH_AND_REVIVE.sp - 93 views - 1.1 KB)
    File Type: zip PACKAGE_WITH_SEPARATE_FUNCTIONS_INCLUDING_SOURCE_CODE.zip (31.0 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-08-2023 at 11:40.
    Silvers
    SourceMod Plugin Approver
    Old 06-08-2023 , 11:53   Re: [l4d/l4d2] REVIVE AND HEALING IMPROVED!
    Reply With Quote #2

The problem with these latest releases of yours is they really belong in the original plugins threads. These are only slight modifications, there is nothing substantially different or unique that deserve posting in a new plugin thread. Plenty of people make small changes and upload to the original authors thread. Having variations in separate posts will only add to confusion and people reporting errors to one thread that belong in another. Please only post stuff if you made the plugin and didn't modify something with a few small changes, it that doesn't make sense otherwise.