Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2 (EDITED)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Pizza baiana
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    spawns laser crates along with any ammo stack (WORKS IN CUSTOMIZED CAMPAIGNS)
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Simply changed the cvar value, nothing different. Original thread already includes one that generates a config.
    Old 06-06-2023 , 15:20   [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2 (EDITED)
    Reply With Quote #1

CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL PLUGIN CREATOR:

bullet28

original plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2720162

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

DESCRIPTION:

this sourcemod is an edit of the plugin that gives a chance for laser crates to appear alongside any ammo piles you find across the maps you play.

in the original plugin there was a problem that could become tiresome for those who use it on a daily basis:

- the original plugin did not generate a cfg for the user to configure the spawn chance of appearing in the saferoom, so the user needed to use two cvars at all times to determine these two options, which made everything tiring.

-------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------

ABOUT THE TWO VERSIONS:

-lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_NOsaferoom =

(the laser box will appear along with all ammo piles scattered around the map but will not appear in the saferoom)

-lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_YESsaferoom =

(the laser box will appear along with all the ammo piles scattered around the map and will also appear in the saferoom)

============================================

CVARS:

lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_NOsaferoom:

laser_autospawn_chance "100" - Chance of a laser box spawning on the ammo pile
    laser_autospawn_ignoresaferoom "1" - If set to 1 the laserboxes will not spawn in the saferoom

lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_YESsaferoom:

laser_autospawn_ignoresaferoom "0" - If set to 1 the laserboxes will not spawn in the saferoom

in this v2 version you will still be able to manually edit the cvars.

VARIATION OF THIS PLUGIN:

there is another version of the same plugin edited and posted in the BloodyBlade comments that has some cvar improvements, if you feel interested in taking a look:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...61&postcount=4

(CREDITS: BloodyBlade)

INSTALLATION:

download the file and paste it in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\plugins
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	200801  
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_YESsaferoom.sp - 110 views - 3.7 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_NOsaferoom.sp - 109 views - 3.7 KB)

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-08-2023 at 08:31.
    SDArt
    Old 06-06-2023 , 16:36   Re: [l4d2] ammo piles with laser box v2
    Reply With Quote #2

Cool do you know a way for the crosshair disappear when the laser is worn?
    Pizza baiana
    Old 06-06-2023 , 18:06   Re: [l4d2] ammo piles with laser box v2
    Reply With Quote #3

I don't particularly mind the laser appearing on the screen, but I've seen a plugin I haven't tested yet that probably does the job you want:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1005876

I even recommend you research about different laser colors in the workshop

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-06-2023 at 18:11.
    BloodyBlade
    Old 06-07-2023 , 10:38   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pizza baiana View Post
    CREDITS TO THE ORIGINAL PLUGIN CREATOR:

bullet28

original plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2720162

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

this sourcemod is an edit of the plugin that gives a chance for laser crates to appear alongside any ammo piles you find across the maps you play.

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -----------------------
    in the original plugin there was a problem that could become tiresome for those who use it on a daily basis:

- the original plugin did not generate a cfg for the user to configure the spawn chance of appearing in the saferoom, so the user needed to use two cvars at all times to determine these two options, which made everything tiring.

In this edited version, I've made the crates of lasers always appear together with the stacks of ammo.

I made two versions of this mod:

-lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_NOsaferoom

(the laser box will appear along with all ammo piles scattered around the map but will not appear in the saferoom)

-lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_saferoom

(the laser box will appear along with all the ammo piles scattered around the map and will also appear in the saferoom)

============================================= ============= ============================================= ============= ===============================

hope you like the mod! just below you will have some information about the original plugin:

Cvars:

lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_NOsaferoom:

laser_autospawn_ignoresaferoom "1" - If set to 1 the laserboxes will not spawn in the saferoom

lfd_laserStackSpawnV2_saferoom:

laser_autospawn_ignoresaferoom "0" - If set to 1 the laserboxes will not spawn in the saferoom

in this v2 version you will still be able to manually edit the cvars.
    ============================================= ============= ============================================= ============= ===============================

INSTALLATION:

download the file and paste it in:

\Steam\steamapps\common\Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\plugins
    Just use this version of the plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...61&postcount=4
    Pizza baiana
    Old 06-07-2023 , 11:41   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BloodyBlade View Post
    Just use this version of the plugin: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...61&postcount=4
    I'm aware of other versions that modify the behavior of the original plugin. I made this version as a more simplified and ready to use way instead of users needing to configure the plugin
    BloodyBlade
    Old 06-07-2023 , 13:53   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pizza baiana View Post
    I'm aware of other versions that modify the behavior of the original plugin. I made this version as a more simplified and ready to use way instead of users needing to configure the plugin
    What? 2 files with completely identical code and only changing the value of 1 variable is this a new version in your opinion? Nonsense.
    You did nothing but create 2 files with the same code and in one of them you left the value of one variable by default, and in the second you changed this value and placed them creating a new theme. What's the point of using your 2 files if you can change the value in the auto-generated config to your taste? A rhetorical question.
    This theme should be removed, because it completely duplicates the original and does not add anything modified.

Last edited by BloodyBlade; 06-07-2023 at 13:59.
    Pizza baiana
    Old 06-07-2023 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BloodyBlade View Post
    What? 2 files with completely identical code and only changing the value of 1 variable is this a new version in your opinion? Nonsense.
    You did nothing but create 2 files with the same code and in one of them you left the value of one variable by default, and in the second you changed this value and placed them creating a new theme. What's the point of using your 2 files if you can change the value in the auto-generated config to your taste? A rhetorical question.
    This theme should be removed, because it completely duplicates the original and does not add anything modified.
    yes you are right, my problem with the original plugin was that I constantly needed to edit the cvar and it was very tiring and annoying, very much! aside from the fact that the original creator didn't create a line of code that automatically generated a configurable cfg.

even another guy called: BloodyBlade created another version that improves the settings of the original plugin.

(version made by BloodyBlade: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...61&postcount=4)

and another thing, whenever I downloaded the original I already edited the values to be specifically what I wanted, do you understand me?

for these reasons I created this version of the original plugin so that now with 100% chances of the boxes appearing and with two files being specifically the difference of appearing or not in the saferoom, IT IS A MORE FRIENDLY VERSION OF THE PLUGIN.

my plugins that are edited versions with few changes from another creator can look like crap in the eyes of those who know how to create a great plugin, but I made them thinking about people who want to use plugins and not create one or are common gamers like me too.

if you or someone can teach me how to put letters with different colors and bigger (similar to other posts from other creators) precisely to better highlight the credits to the original creator, I would be grateful!

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-07-2023 at 14:45.
    KadabraZz
    Old 06-08-2023 , 02:22   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2 (EDITED)
    Reply With Quote #8

I don't want to be rude, but what is it you are releasing a plugin changing only the cvar value? Editing the plugin right but creating a dedicated post as something new is too much, you could have done this in the original post by saying that you changed the cvar value for people to enjoy the plugin in a different way.
    AutoExecConfig(true, "l4d_AmmoPilesWithLaserBox"); i believe that would be enough for all your tiresome problem with the plugin or just put the cvar inside your autoexec/server.cfg
    Also you could consider asking the owner of the plugin to add something you find useful.
    The guy named BloodyBlade is the guy writing to you, and he didn't just change cvar values and didn't even create a new post releasing an existing plugin.

Last edited by KadabraZz; 06-08-2023 at 02:24.
    Pizza baiana
    Old 06-08-2023 , 08:23   Re: [L4D2] AMMO PILES WITH LASER BOX v2 (EDITED)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KadabraZz View Post
    I don't want to be rude, but what is it you are releasing a plugin changing only the cvar value? Editing the plugin right but creating a dedicated post as something new is too much, you could have done this in the original post by saying that you changed the cvar value for people to enjoy the plugin in a different way.
    AutoExecConfig(true, "l4d_AmmoPilesWithLaserBox"); i believe that would be enough for all your tiresome problem with the plugin or just put the cvar inside your autoexec/server.cfg
    Also you could consider asking the owner of the plugin to add something you find useful.
    The guy named BloodyBlade is the guy writing to you, and he didn't just change cvar values and didn't even create a new post releasing an existing plugin.
    I know you're also right.

I have a proposal, how about you edit the plugin and do exactly what you are talking about and even add some of your ideas to improve the plugin even more?

I was thinking of making the laser boxes appear along with the special ammo packs when placed on the ground, I'm trying to create a line of codes for this, but it's kind of difficult because I'm a newbie.

what do you think about helping me?

Last edited by Pizza baiana; 06-08-2023 at 09:55.