Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced

Post New Thread Reply   

h3bus
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-13-2017 , 11:17   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #11

Knowing they seem to hinder modding by various actions (last one I know was stripping symbols from linux binaries) I highly doubt it!
cruderustle
Old 04-13-2017 , 12:41   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
Do you mind providing any examples? I'd like to change my mind, but need some facts to do so.
I take it back. I was thinking of the Inferno update, but I guess that that was a lot further apart then I remember it being. I thought it was more like a month, turns out it was closer to six.

I also thought there was a Valve employee talking about operations shortly before Wildfire was released, but I can't seem to find it now...

BAFFLED
Old 04-13-2017 , 12:44   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosurdaddy972 View Post
Do you think they will let AM devs know months in advance so they can get sm shifted over?
Metamod:Source was ported to Source2 almost a year ago, but it's unclear if SM will take the same path. While many things are the same or similar under the hood, there's enough change that whole APIs would have to be completely replaced. It's also much more difficult to work with in the current state since there is no official SDK for the engine to even use as a reference.

We'll see what happens if and when Source2 builds of CS:GO are actually available. The translated text from PerfectWorld directly contradicts what Valve have previously said, that CS:GO was not coming to Source2 in the foreseeable future, just that they were backporting Panorama. Regardless, I really doubt we'll see even a beta version in under year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3bus View Post
Knowing they seem to hinder modding by various actions (last one I know was stripping symbols from linux binaries) I highly doubt it!
That was to hinder modding of the client (cheats), not the server. Symbols were just stripped from everything since there is so much shared code between client and server.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 04-13-2017 , 12:55   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #14

Seems no one is going to say it but this article is completely satire.
What they are talking about is the new panorama UI that is set to be released soon. They took a loose translation of using Source 2 technology and ran with it just to get traffic to their site.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 04-13-2017 , 13:17   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
Seems no one is going to say it but this article is completely satire.
What they are talking about is the new panorama UI that is set to be released soon. They took a loose translation of using Source 2 technology and ran with it just to get traffic to their site.
Allegedly accurate translations of the material from native Chinese speakers did make it sound like the Source2 port was going to happen, but wires could have been crossed between PerfectWorld and Valve. It's still not something happening this year.

Last edited by psychonic; 04-13-2017 at 13:17.
VPPGamingNetwork
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2017 , 19:16   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Metamod:Source was ported to Source2 almost a year ago, but it's unclear if SM will take the same path. While many things are the same or similar under the hood, there's enough change that whole APIs would have to be completely replaced. It's also much more difficult to work with in the current state since there is no official SDK for the engine to even use as a reference.

We'll see what happens if and when Source2 builds of CS:GO are actually available. The translated text from PerfectWorld directly contradicts what Valve have previously said, that CS:GO was not coming to Source2 in the foreseeable future, just that they were backporting Panorama. Regardless, I really doubt we'll see even a beta version in under year.

That was to hinder modding of the client (cheats), not the server. Symbols were just stripped from everything since there is so much shared code between client and server.
Thanks for clearing that up man!!

We provide MOTD Ads
Net 1 payments
Visit us
Road to eSport
Old 08-16-2022 , 19:15   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #17

[CSGO] NEW SOURCE 2 OFFICIAL UPDATE

It's official now
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2022 , 04:10   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road to eSport View Post

It's official now
Link? Source?

Last edited by PStar; 08-17-2022 at 04:11.
Austin
Old 08-17-2022 , 16:31   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I second this.
Good to know.
Thanks.
Cruze
Veteran Member
Old 08-18-2022 , 11:07   Re: CSGO Shifting to Source 2 Engine Announced
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road to eSport View Post

It's official now
No, it's not. There were rumors that valve will release Source 2 for CSGO on game's birthday but rumors are rumors!