Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Vote Manager 3

Post New Thread Reply   

McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 10-25-2011 , 16:18   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #11

These are the events that valve broke, as in they no longer fire at all. These are the ones I've tested myself and can confirm as broken.
vote_ended
vote_started
vote_passed
vote_failed
vote_changed
I have not tested to see if these two still fire, but with the majority of the above broken it looks bleak for custom votes.
vote_cast_yes
vote_cast_no
The usermessages that valve has implemented are as follows(meta game retrieved).
VoteStart 61 -1
VotePass 62 -1
VoteFail 63 1
CallVoteFailed 54 1
VoteRegistered 52 1
The bottom two are the only ones I have not studied in depth.

Last edited by McFlurry; 10-25-2011 at 16:19.
Send a message via Skype™ to McFlurry
xioSlayer
Old 10-26-2011 , 10:45   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #12

Excellent! I have been wanting a replacement. the old plugin met all of my needs except recognizing the alltalk votes.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2011 , 11:15   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #13

Does or will this version of Vote Manager Support Confogl?

I'm pretty sure Version 2 crashed with Confogl.

Would be nice to have this for confogl though to prevent spam.
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2011 , 17:59   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #14

1.2 version released, look at changelog.
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2011 , 09:19   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #15

i dont know if im the only one but admin immunity dosn't seem to be working. neither does veto/pass. it says [VoteManager] No vote is currently in progress!

also ive had instances where someone else has been votekicked and i'm kicked instead. all this after installing votemanager3.
perhaps the usermessage stuff is bugged.

untill this has been solved ive reverted to votemanager2.

Last edited by Visual77; 10-27-2011 at 09:20.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 10-27-2011 , 09:55   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #16

Looks like the CheckCommandAccess call is missing the fourth/last variable as true since the strings are for override only, rather than matching existing commands.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2011 , 10:51   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
These are the events that valve broke, as in they no longer fire at all. These are the ones I've tested myself and can confirm as broken.
vote_ended
vote_started
vote_passed
vote_failed
vote_changed
I have not tested to see if these two still fire, but with the majority of the above broken it looks bleak for custom votes.
vote_cast_yes
vote_cast_no
The usermessages that valve has implemented are as follows(meta game retrieved).
VoteStart 61 -1
VotePass 62 -1
VoteFail 63 1
CallVoteFailed 54 1
VoteRegistered 52 1
The bottom two are the only ones I have not studied in depth.
Mr. Zero and I had a discussion about these a few pages before the end of the Vote Manager 2 topic.

My understanding is that VoteRegistered is sent back to the player who cast the vote. It only contains a 1-byte message that contains 0 if No or 1 if Yes. This fires instead of vote_cast_yes or vote_cast_no.

I also heard that the vote_changed event still fires to update the vote counts on clients' displays.

I could modify TF VoteSniffer (the plugin I used to reverse engineer the TF2 vote system) to monitor these events and track what events and usermessages occur when a player starts a vote...

Edit: CallVoteFailed is likely analogous to the TF2 UserMessage of the same name, which is sent when a user can't call a specific type of vote for whatever reason. However, since L4D2 doesn't have a VoteSetup usermessage, I'm not sure how it gets information on which votes are enabled on the server, assuming you can disable specific votes types like you can in TF2.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-27-2011 at 11:22.
McFlurry
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2011 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #18

@psychonic If I use the 4th variable as true wouldn't it try to read what the flags variable is instead of looking at the .cfg for things such as "veto" "c"?
Edit: I just tested it by removing myself as admin, and changing the changedifficulty access flag to "d" I couldn't call the vote anymore. It's working the way it is.

@Powerlord I have already tried calling custom votes with VoteStart, but nothing happened. I hope you find something if you continue to study votes. Hopefully custom votes can still be a possibility.

Last edited by McFlurry; 10-27-2011 at 12:56.
Send a message via Skype™ to McFlurry
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 10-28-2011 , 03:19   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFlurry View Post
@psychonic If I use the 4th variable as true wouldn't it try to read what the flags variable is instead of looking at the .cfg for things such as "veto" "c"?
Edit: I just tested it by removing myself as admin, and changing the changedifficulty access flag to "d" I couldn't call the vote anymore. It's working the way it is.

@Powerlord I have already tried calling custom votes with VoteStart, but nothing happened. I hope you find something if you continue to study votes. Hopefully custom votes can still be a possibility.
Custom votes are indeed possible. As Powerlord and I have discussed L4D2 voting seems like the "previous" version to TF2 voting.

I also posted my entire working custom vote script, long, tidus and messy in Powerlords extension topic for him to study for the day he gets his ass moving

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...2&postcount=13

Its not a fully done system but you can mess around with it if you wish.
I also wrote full structure for the vote usermessages if you need to look them up.

VoteRegistered is indeed only send to the voting client with what vote was casted. Which causes their vote hud to fade out with cast vote high lighted.

As for what votes are enabled there is client replicated vote cvars.
Can't remember them from the top of my head but they are named something like sv_vote_issue_allow_return_to_lobby. They are hidden too.
jake84
Old 10-28-2011 , 05:50   Re: [L4D2] Vote Manager 3
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
i dont know if im the only one but admin immunity dosn't seem to be working. neither does veto/pass. it says [VoteManager] No vote is currently in progress!

also ive had instances where someone else has been votekicked and i'm kicked instead. all this after installing votemanager3.
perhaps the usermessage stuff is bugged.
I had all this yesterday too. someone was vote kicked and in the end it didn't kick the right person.
it was like "player A started a votekick on player B" and then player C got kicked and banned by the vote instead of player B
player c was an admin so it was very weird indeed.

Last edited by jake84; 10-28-2011 at 06:24.