Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style - UPDATED!

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
Mecha the Slag
Veteran Member
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Creates a slow-motion effect on events in bullet time / matrix style
    Old 02-04-2010 , 13:10   [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style - UPDATED!
    Reply With Quote #1

BULLET TIME
    version 1.2

What is Bullet Time?
    Bullet Time is a feature in lots of action FPS games. The action of the game is slowed down on certain events in order to dramatize the action. This plugin does exactly that.

When is Bullet Time started?
    Bullet Time is started upon taunt kill, melee kill, or crit kill. Spy's knife will only trigger bullet time upon backstab.

Won't this make Snipers overpowered? They could just headshot someone, gain bullet time, then shoot another person during that...
    I have already tried this, and the sniper won't manage to reload before bullet time is over. He won't benefit from his previous kill.

How do I install Bullet Time?
    Download the zip below and extract it to your 'tf' folder. Make sure to put the materials and sounds on your fast download server if you have one available.

Why is the materials and sound folder subnames named "imgay"?
    Because the plugin was made for the Internation Master's Gaming Alliance (Yes!) group.

How Does it Look?
    Video Demonstration

I want to try this first!
    208.122.52.118:27015 - IM'GA(Y!) Server (click here to join)

Commands
    bt_enable (default: 1) - Toggles the plugin on/off.
    bt_version - Returns the plugin version.
    bt_crits (default: 2) - if 1, starts bullet time on all crit kills. If 2, starts bullet time on special crit kills (sniper rifle, rockets, stickies, etc.).
    bt_melee (default: 1) - Toggles whether melee or taunt kills should toggle bullet time.
    bt_timescale (default: 0.25) - Timescale during bullet time compared to standard time.
    bt_knife (default: 1) - Sets whether backstabs trigger bullet time.
    bt_transition (default: 1) - Adds a smooth transition with the timescale upon exiting bullet time, rather than have an instant change.
    bt_fsound (default: 2) - Plays a sound for the focus of bullet time. If 2, it replaces the default sound rather than playing simultaneously.
    bt_go - Manually triggers bullet time.

Usually there is no need to change the default settings as they have been tested and selected to work the best without getting annoying or too rare.

Enjoy! I made this for fun and thought I might aswell share it so here it is! If you have any requests, do not hesitate to ask

Changelog
    • Fixed warnings on compile
    • Made the local cheat value change during runtime rather than being on constantly
    • Added error report suggestion by psychonic
    • Fixed clients getting kicked for using cheat commands with sv_cheats on
    • Fixed world counting as client
    • Added a mod check
    • Fixed a small bug with bt_go and bots (sounds oddly familiar...)
    • bt_crits now has two values. If bt_crits 1, all crit kills will trigger bullet time. If bt_crits 2, only certain weapons (rockets, sniper rifle, stickies, etc.) will trigger bullet time (new default).
    • Added bt_knife (default: 1) - Sets whether backstabs trigger bullet time.
    • Added bt_transition (default: 1) - Adds a smooth transition with the timescale upon exiting bullet time, rather than have an instant change.
    • Added bt_fsound (default: 2) - Plays a sound for the focus of bullet time. If 2, it replaces the default sound rather than playing simultaneously.
    • Added bt_timescale (default: 0.25).
    • Fixed a bug that inverted the use of bt_enable
    • Added bt_enable (default: 1) to toggle the plugin on/off
    • Added bt_crits (default: 1) to toggle whether crit kills should toggle bullet time
    • Added bt_melee (default: 1) to toggle whether melee or taunt kills should toggle bullet time
    • Added bt_version which returns the plugin version
    • Fixed a bug with bots
    • Blocked all other cheat commands than those absolutely needed (host_timescale, r_screenoverlay).
    • Fixed a bug with sv_cheats
    • Release
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip mw_bullettime.zip (255.3 KB, 3554 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mw_bullettime.sp - 3837 views - 7.6 KB)

Last edited by psychonic; 06-17-2010 at 09:21. Reason: fixed cvar in post header
    Magma Spire
    Old 02-04-2010 , 19:04   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #2

Can't seem to get this to work without cheats. Console is complaining "Can't use cheat command r_screenoverlay in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1."
    Mnkras
    Old 02-04-2010 , 20:40   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #3

ditto, if you want to dim the screen may i suggest looking at the blind plugin included in the core
    Old 02-05-2010 , 02:14   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #4

It doesn't actually turn on sv_cheats, it only sends it as a fake cvar to the clients. As such sv_cheats isn't actually on but the clients think it is (but they can't be able to use it for cheating since it's checked by the server).
    It's a requirement unfortunately to have host_timescale do anything client side. I'm not sure how else to have it work.
    I've been thinking about trying to remove the cheat flag from host_timescale but I'm not sure if that'll actually make it functional.
    Unfortunately the blind plugin doesn't return the desired effect, but I did give it a try. Overlays are much better and flexible though, and had clientside cheats not been on already, I could just remove the cheat flag from r_screenoverlay.

Last edited by Mecha the Slag; 02-05-2010 at 02:30.
    NeedsMorePlugins
    Old 02-05-2010 , 02:31   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #5

I have used http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68805 to manipulate host_timescale, it reduces clients cheating
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2010 , 02:40   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NeedsMorePlugins View Post
    I have used http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68805 to manipulate host_timescale, it reduces clients cheating
    it does the exact same thing (just looked it through), except it also blocks all other commands. I'll have a look at that, cheers.
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2010 , 03:18   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #7

Updated
    • Added bt_enable (default: 1) to toggle the plugin on/off
    • Added bt_crits (default: 1) to toggle whether crit kills should toggle bullet time
    • Added bt_melee (default: 1) to toggle whether melee or taunt kills should toggle bullet time
    • Added bt_version which returns the plugin version
    • Fixed a bug with bots
    • Blocked all other cheat commands than those absolutely needed (host_timescale, r_screenoverlay).
    • Fixed a bug with sv_cheats
    CrimsonGT
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2010 , 03:21   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #8

I'm not usually impressed by most released plugins, but this is awesome, very good job
    Mecha the Slag
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-05-2010 , 03:29   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
    I'm not usually impressed by most released plugins, but this is awesome, very good job
    thank you! this is only my third plugin so that's extremely flattering to hear!

edit: update to 1.0.2, accidentally inverted the use of bt_enable XD
    Mosalar
    Old 02-05-2010 , 13:33   Re: [TF2] Bullet Time / Matrix Style
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrimsonGT View Post
    I'm going to echo the sentiment.. Good Job.