Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.9 | 19-February-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2021 , 18:39   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
I think there are no specific values, maybe they are flags.
I tried to find some pattern but wasn't successful.
From my tests, there are at least 7 different patterns for female and another 7 for male (pre-TLS)
Every model has a different wound (some shares the same)

Here is a valve doc I have found about wounds:
gdc2010_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf
Oh wow, this is very helpful. According to the doc, there can be up to 54 unique wounds per model.

Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-26-2021 , 19:57   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #22

Marttt Now if everything works 100%. Thank you very much and good job adding more commands. Now the common infected are a bit more challenging

Crasher_3637Thanks for the information. There are times that it has happened to me and it also happened to several players, it can happen to you that you decapitate or destroy his head and he is still alive but without a head. That is something very crazy and funny lol
PEK727
Old 01-27-2021 , 00:26   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #23

Incredible plugin and something I have wanted for so long... great work, Marttt. Are you planning on making one for the special infected too? I would like to make them more resistant as well
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2021 , 09:02   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #24

Updated (1.0.5)

Code:
1.0.5 (27-January-2021)
    - Fixed incendiary/explosive ammo logic.
    - Fixed melee protection check by entity.
    - Added cvar to nerf common damage to themselves. (when brawling or in vomit)
@PEK727,

I don't see most of this plugin cvars configs being applicable to SI, since the insta-kill behaviour only happens on commons.

This was a game behaviour that XJR15 requested and detailed.

SI may only be nerfed in these cases below AFAIK:
  • Damage dropoff and difficulty scaling for Machine Guns (Minigun and 50cal).
  • Removing the stumble from explosive ammo. (replacing by extra damage factor)
  • Removing the fire from incendiary ammo. (replacing by extra damage factor)
  • Adding melee god frame for custom flag DMG_BURN. (very specific)

For more nerfs probably you can find in other plugins. (e.g: reducing the damage on charger while is charging).

If someone makes a request with some examples in the request area, maybe someone (or even I) can check if is possible.

Last edited by Marttt; 01-27-2021 at 18:35.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-30-2021 , 14:56   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #25

Bug: Explosive ammo damage gets the realism 3 shot sniper nerf with military sniper when u vote change to lower or raise difficulty on regular coop mode and it succeeds, on common infected, with explosive rounds. basically leaving difficulty default on coop explosive rounds with military sniper 1 shot kill common infected like its supposed to. i believe the conflict happens when using this plugin with this one: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1647627

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 01-30-2021 at 14:58.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-30-2021 , 15:14   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #26

Well, that is easy to explain,

both plugins hooks "OnTakeDamage" and "TraceAttack" changing the damage by setting the value.

So the damage applied will be the last one applied (in other words, last plugin running, which also there is no specific order). And that goes for any plugin that sets the damage.

I didn't understand very well what the other plugin does.

They only way would merge both plugins. (which probably some could think that is easy too, but isn't)

Last edited by Marttt; 01-30-2021 at 15:19.
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-31-2021 , 19:44   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Well, that is easy to explain,

both plugins hooks "OnTakeDamage" and "TraceAttack" changing the damage by setting the value.

So the damage applied will be the last one applied (in other words, last plugin running, which also there is no specific order). And that goes for any plugin that sets the damage.

I didn't understand very well what the other plugin does.

They only way would merge both plugins. (which probably some could think that is easy too, but isn't)
applies realism damage factors to coop. so for example i can have auto sniper apply the 3 hit-kill factor to common infected.

also after further testing it seems this is a problem with that plugin and not this one.
Old 01-31-2021 , 20:02   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #28

I don't have knowledge about this since I don't play much realism.

Do you have any source (link) about this information? 3 hit-kill factor?
Old 01-31-2021 , 21:35   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.5 | 27-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #29

Oh only source i have is actual realism mode in l4d2. it makes auto snipers (hunting rifle, military sniper) 3 shot kill on expert realism if its not a headshot but rather say, a body shot. it takes 3 of those to kill a common infected. and in the realism plugin i linked to here u can achieve that effect in coop mode if atleast common infected damage receive factors are at 0.5 which is expert level. so u can have it like that on easy normal hard, etc. on coop.
Old 02-01-2021 , 11:15   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.6 | 31-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #30

Well, I did some research and the damage calculated by my plugin seem really close to the real supposed damage. (of course, is not perfect but I did my best)

About the 3 shot kill, seems that is just some game behaviours and math calculation.

From my local tests only the snipers get insta-kill removed to commons on realism, the other weapons remain the same.

Some parameters below for comparison (all default game values):

PHP Code:
realismenabled
z_non_head_damage_factor_expert 
0.50 (default)
z_non_head_damage_factor_multiplier 0.50 (default)
z_difficulty "impossible" (expert)
Current Damage Factor 0.25 => (Difficulty0.50 Multiplier0.50)
weapon_hunting_rifle Damage 90RangeModifier 1.00
z_health 
So some math here:

Calculating damage => 90 * 0.25 = 22.5
Calculating how many hits to kill => 50 / 22.5 = 2,22 (rounds to 3)

If you increase the "z_health" cvar you will check that it doesn't kill the common in 3 hits

If you want realism damage factors applied to coop (non-realism) just change the cvars below to half:

PHP Code:
z_non_head_damage_factor_easy 1.000
z_non_head_damage_factor_normal 
z_non_head_damage_factor_hard 
z_non_head_damage_factor_expert 
Because when in realism mode this cvar z_non_head_damage_factor_multiplier, that I use for multiply the factor, becomes "0.5" from the default "1.0".

You can check most of this values using the sm_print_cvars_l4d2_nerf_damage_common command from plugin.

As I said earlier depending on which plugins SM runs last, the damage taken will be from my plugin or from the Realism Penetration Fix plugin.

The only thing that seems "missing" from in my plugin is that cvar that sets the maximum bullets allowed to do penetration damage.

But the penetration "count" is related to the "CharacterPenetrationMaxDistance" parameter in the weapons scripts

PHP Code:
All Shotguns:
"CharacterPenetrationMaxDistance" "300" // Shooting through infected is doesn't count against penetration count out to this range

All Snipers:
"CharacterPenetrationMaxDistance" "8192" // Shooting through infected is doesn't count against penetration count out to this range 
And these other parameters aswell:

PHP Code:
    "PenetrationNumLayers"        "2"
    "PenetrationPower"            "50"
    "PenetrationMaxDistance"    "0"    
// none 
I could create a generic one (that applies to all weapons) cause creating a cvar for each weapon would be complicated for me,
If it is related to the parameter above then I recommend changing there.

I hope I understand it now.

Last edited by Marttt; 02-01-2021 at 11:44.