Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.9 | 19-February-2023]

Post New Thread Reply   

Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2021 , 10:12   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.1 | 20-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #11

@Maur0:
Now I think I fixed the melee damage, also added the push effect (chance %) you requested.

XJR15:
The M60 does have the Damage attribute, is that Silvers didn't add it to the .cfg file otherwise the file would be huge, the attributes there are just examples, I did a test modifying and worked.

You can find most of the attributes of weapon_rifle_m60 at Left 4 Dead 2\update\pak01_dir.vpk, open with GCFScape then go to scripts/rifle_m60.txt.

Btw I added all the respective weapon damages used by the plugin using the command sm_print_cvars_l4d2_nerf_damage_common.

Last edited by Marttt; 01-27-2021 at 18:34.
Maur0
Old 01-21-2021 , 14:30   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.2 | 21-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #12

Awesome! Thank you very much Marttt
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 01-21-2021 , 15:12   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.1 | 20-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Updated:

Code:
1.0.2 (21-January-2021)
    - Added cvar allowing to push zombies on melee attack. (thanks Maur0 for requesting)
    - Fixed melee damage. (thanks Maur0 for reporting)
    - Fixed melee hit counting multiple times while using some custom damage flags.
    - Fixed headshot and insta-kill chance checks.
    - Added weapons damage on the print cvar command.
    - Ignoring 0 damage.
@Maur0:
Now I think I fixed the melee damage, also added the push effect (chance %) you requested.

XJR15:
The M60 does have the Damage attribute, is that Silvers didn't add it to the .cfg file otherwise the file would be huge, the attributes there are just examples, I did a test modifying and worked.

You can find most of the attributes of weapon_rifle_m60 at Left 4 Dead 2\update\pak01_dir.vpk, open with GCFScape then go to scripts/rifle_m60.txt.

Btw I added all the respective weapon damages used by the plugin using the command sm_print_cvars_l4d2_nerf_damage_common.
ah ok i will try adding the damage value and modding it and see if it works like the other assault rifles i will use value of 33 like default m16 value and see if it lowers m60 damage to that value, thx.

EDIT: OK it worked this is how i did it:

PHP Code:
"weapon_rifle_m60"

{

"clip_size"                    "150"
            "ReloadDuration"            "2.0"
            "CycleTime"                    "0.11"
            "Damage"                    "33"

I copied damage 33 value from sg552 code and put it in there and it takes 4 shots to kill common infected now with instakill function off from your plugin. so its pretty balanced now and works as intended, thx! and good work!

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 01-21-2021 at 15:45.
Maur0
Old 01-23-2021 , 21:48   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.2 | 21-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #14

@Marttt I just used the Chainsaw (which I never use it always) and I just noticed that killing the Common Infected with this plugin activated causes them to die burned, the same as happened to the previous one with the M60 and the mounted machine guns.

I have tried all the weapons that go with the plungin and they work perfectly, only the Chainsaw has this bug.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2021 , 01:08   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.2 | 21-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #15

@Mauro, Fixed.

I recommend making a backup cause I did some heavy changes (lot of new cvars), tell me if you find any issue.

Last edited by Marttt; 01-27-2021 at 18:34.
Maur0
Old 01-26-2021 , 16:04   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.3 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #16

@Marttt I tried it and it works perfect.

Only downside: when you hit using cutting melee, such as katana, machete, ax, etc. It causes cut wounds, I have checked the previous saved plugin and I see that it did not cause cutting them to cause cutting wounds.

I thought that there it could be left. But the downside is that if you cut their legs, they would be senseless chasing you without legs. That would be weird. The rest works perfect, thanks for improving the chainsaw and adding other options.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2021 , 17:31   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.3 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maur0 View Post
@Marttt I tried it and it works perfect.

Only downside: when you hit using cutting melee, such as katana, machete, ax, etc. It causes cut wounds, I have checked the previous saved plugin and I see that it did not cause cutting them to cause cutting wounds.

I thought that there it could be left. But the downside is that if you cut their legs, they would be senseless chasing you without legs. That would be weird. The rest works perfect, thanks for improving the chainsaw and adding other options.
I think the wounds are client-side because they can look different to each player. Before the damage is blocked/changed/calculated, the client is already predicting how the wound will look. If you break a propane tank near a common infected while blocking the damage from it, you will get the same effect. For some players, the explosion will cause the common infected to be walking torsos or rib cages while for others it will look like the common infected has no arms and legs, etc.

I could be wrong and Marttt may know how to fix it though.
Old 01-26-2021 , 17:34   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #18

@Maur0.

Fixed on 1.0.4.

Thanks again, for testing and reporting. I did several changes and this one went missing from the old code.

@Crasher_3637,

I don't know if the wounds are specific client-side but I know you can change then on some netprops (m_iRequestedWound1 and m_iRequestedWound2, both Prop_Send), is what I do here, setting it to -1.

Some commons don't work this if I remember well (L4D1 models usually)

I did a related plugin a while ago (and will share someday) but after the TLS update, it broke a lot of logic so I will have to test it all again (model by model).

Last edited by Marttt; 01-27-2021 at 18:35.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 01-26-2021 , 17:54   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
@Crasher_3637,

I don't know if the wounds are specific client-side but I know you can change then on some netprops (m_iRequestedWound1 and m_iRequestedWound2, both Prop_Send), is what I do here, setting it to -1.

Some commons don't work this if I remember well (L4D1 models usually)

I did a related plugin a while ago (and will share someday) but after the TLS update, it broke a lot of logic so I will have to test it all again (model by model).
Interesting... Do you know what the possible values for those netprops are? I might use them for something.
Old 01-26-2021 , 18:14   Re: [L4D2] Nerf Damage To Commons [v1.0.4 | 26-January-2021]
Reply With Quote #20

I think there are no specific values, maybe they are flags.
I tried to find some pattern but wasn't successful.
From my tests, there are at least 7 different patterns for female and another 7 for male (pre-TLS)
Every model has a different wound (some shares the same)

Here is a valve doc I have found about wounds:
gdc2010_vlachos_l4d2wounds.pdf