Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[NMRIH]Looking for help remaking a plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

z0mb13
Old 01-26-2020 , 11:25   [NMRIH]Looking for help remaking a plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hello! I've been trying to track down the source for a plugin some of the NMRIH servers use. It's called customzombie.smx as far as I know. At one point I had a version of this plugin that would only change the runner zombies into dogs that was given to me by dewobedil. I started this search in an attempt to find or recreate that plugin.

After much help from some friends and with some research of my own, I think I have what is needed to make a new source code for the plugin, but I know little to nothing about sourcepawn. I've attached the decompiled code from customzombie.smx.

I'm aware that the plugin can't be just recompiled as is. It was my understanding that most of the pieces are extracted when it is decompiled. I was hoping I could get help from someone to turn the pieces in the .sp file I have attached, into a working smx plugin.

The plugin was given to me recently as such:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4o95h...mbies.zip/file

Babs helped me by finding some useful information on yomox's blogspot about the cfg files he uses for his modified version of the plugin (the original is linked above) and some info on the source code:
http://yomox9.blogspot.com/2019/09/c...n-no-more.html

I decompiled the smx plugin i was given here: http://headlinedev.xyz/lysis/
I tried to recompile the decompiled code here: https://www.sourcemod.net/compiler.php
and then received this error:
/groups/sourcemod/upload_tmp/textXkD2eK.sp(177) : fatal error 186: insufficient memory

Compilation aborted.
1 Error.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (customzombie.sp - 83 views - 16.8 KB)

Last edited by z0mb13; 01-28-2020 at 19:19.
Nexd
BANNED
Old 01-27-2020 , 07:31   Re: [NMRIH]Looking for help remaking a plugin
Reply With Quote #2

You can't just recompile a decompiled plugin
I know nothing about the game but if I understand you correctly, you want to change the "runner" model to a dog?

If you have got the smx why do you want to remake it?
z0mb13
Old 01-27-2020 , 18:21   Re: [NMRIH]Looking for help remaking a plugin
Reply With Quote #3

The plugin changes multiple zombies. I once had a version of the plugin that changed only the runner zombies and every runner zombie was replaced with the dog model . I would enable and disable that plugin to effectively "change" modes after a player vote was made. The version of the plugin that I have now changes models on all zombies randomly and not just the runner zombies. By randomly, I mean that not every zombie of that type is changed into a different model, only some of them. So I'm assuming it uses some math to generate a "random" number to pick what model the zombie should be changed to based on what type of zombie it is. (IE: shambler, crawler, runner, etc.)

I would like to get rid of that randomization and make it so only the runners models are changed. I figured if i could find or a make a new source, I could use this to create other plugins with a similar effect but different models. (It also seems that I am able to define the starting health of the new zombie, as shown in Yomox's blogspot link above. Yomox's version of the plugin is not the same as the one I have.)

Even though I have the smx I have no documentation to show how to configure it or what config files it is looking for, so it is very hard to use in it's current state.

Edit: Got the source from the original mod creator. This thread is no longer needed sorry for the spam.

Last edited by z0mb13; 02-03-2020 at 20:36.