Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
2NASTY4U
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Bans / kicks players if they have a name that contains a phrase in bad_names.ini - e.g. membersearch, admin
    Old 04-20-2014 , 18:32   [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #1

Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)

This is a pretty simple plugin to kick or ban anybody who joins with or changes their name to something that contains a bad phrase in the bad_names.ini.

The original plugin is from TSCDan, but it was broken and has no SourceBans support.

Admins with 'b' flag are immune to this plugin.

Instructions
    1. Place all files of zip archive in sourcemod folder.
    2. Edit bad_names.ini in configs folder, place here all name pharses that should be banned or kicked.
    3. After first start the plugin will create a file named plugin.badnamekickban.cfg in cfg/sourcemod. You can edit whether players with bad names should be kicked or banned and for how many minutes they should be banned. You can also set a costum reason for kicking and banning.
    Note
    The reason that you choose in sm_bnkb_reason will also displayed on SourceBans website, if you have installed SourceBans. If not or you have kicking only enabled it will shown to the player as kick / ban message.
    All kicks / bans will logged to sourcemod logs with reason.

Cvars
    sm_bnkb_bantime "1" - How long to ban someone with a bad phrase in their name (0 = perm, -1 = just kick)

sm_bnkb_reason "Bad name" - Reason to give client when they are kicked / banned

sm_bnkb_version "1.0.0" - Bad name kick / ban version

Changelog
    21.04.2014 - v1.0.0: Release
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip badnamekickban_1.0.0.zip (7.7 KB, 2337 views)

Last edited by 2NASTY4U; 05-18-2014 at 21:31. Reason: Ready for review now
    nightrider
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-20-2014 , 20:29   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #2

Thank you I will test this out.

2NASTY4U
    Old 04-20-2014 , 21:43   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #3

Would be nice nightrider! Please tell me your experience after testing the plugin included you game name and your settings (SourceBans or native bans). I am only playing Counter-Strike: Source, so this is the only game I test the plugin with.
    Creampuffyness
    Old 04-25-2014 , 21:52   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #4

Great I will test this out later. I currently use the old, unapproved one without issue, but Sourcebans support is always nice!
    TUSK3N1337
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-29-2014 , 17:31   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #5

I post here just to say that its working really good, im currently using it on my 3 cs go servers and this plugin is doing its work.
    Old 04-29-2014 , 21:01   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #6

This should be useful to prevent people from stealing names from admins and pretending to be them.
    2NASTY4U
    Old 04-30-2014 , 02:42   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chesterfield View Post
    This should be useful to prevent people from stealing names from admins and pretending to be them.
    Yes, or prevent players from using names like Hitler or something else. On our german servers there are those problems often.
    Neuro Toxin
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-30-2014 , 05:22   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #8

Is it possible to also enforce players to have at least x number of alphanumeric characters?
    Wolfseye
    Old 06-02-2014 , 06:20   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #9

I just tried that on my INSURGENCY (Standalone) Server and that script has absolutely no effect. Tried it with a friend. He was also an admin, that maybe the reason why this Plugin didnt worked and kicked him ?

Wolfseye

P.S: Well, if I am blind, its not the plugin to blame. Since my friend was Admin, it didnt work. ;) But i tested it with a non-Admin now and it worked fine. ;) Thanks for this.

Last edited by Wolfseye; 06-02-2014 at 06:58.
    Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfseye
    2NASTY4U
    Old 06-02-2014 , 09:05   Re: [ANY] Bad name kick / ban with SourceBans support (Namechecker)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wolfseye View Post
    P.S: Well, if I am blind, its not the plugin to blame. Since my friend was Admin, it didnt work. ;) But i tested it with a non-Admin now and it worked fine. ;) Thanks for this.
    Haha. Yes, the plugin has admin immunity (flag b), maybe to protect admin user names from abusing by other players.