Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Dont know why but, HLDS not working

Post New Thread Reply   

VeroniTasingolir
Old 08-02-2022 , 01:59   Dont know why but, HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #1

I just downloaded the counterstrike package from steam, and would like to have a trial run with my buddies ie private game. However, it doesn't seem that I am able to create a closed room for them to join.

I have spent/wasted some hours https://omegle.ws online looking for a solution, and have even tried out the HLDS/SteamCMD method to try and create a dedicated server, but the steamcmd is not even updating for me (am getting the unable to connect to internet error).

Last edited by VeroniTasingolir; 12-11-2022 at 23:54.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2022 , 00:13   Re: Dont know why but, HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #2

Are your friends online or are they on your local network? If they are online, I wouldn't recommended going down the route of allowing them to connect to your personal computer (using either the "New Game", known as a "listen server" or HLDS). If you have a separate PC that you could dedicate to be used for a server, you could do that but you'll still need to learn about opening ports on the PC and on your Router (I don't recommend this either if you're not familiar with these types of things).

It might be easier, safer, quicker to just purchase 1 month from a game server provider. I just checked NFO Servers and it was something like $8 for 1 month and you even get a two day free trial. If there are 4 of you, that's only $2 per person! If you decide it's something you'd like to do more often, you can either continue paying for the service or you can get serious and take the time to learn how to host your own server. Generally, it will be much better to have the server hosted for you than to do it yourself on a residential internet connection.
Old 09-06-2022 , 11:44   Re: Dont know why but, HLDS not working
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
are your friends online or are they on your local network? If they are online, i wouldn't recommended going down the route of allowing them to connect to your personal computer (using either the "new game", known as a "listen server" or hlds). If you have a separate pc that you could dedicate to be used for a server, you could do that but you'll still need to learn about opening ports on the pc and on your router (i don't recommend this either if you're not familiar with these types of things).

It might be easier, safer, quicker to just purchase 1 month from a game server provider. I just checked nfo servers and it was something like $8 for 1 month and you even get a two day free trial. If there are 4 of you, that's only $2 per person! If you decide it's something you'd like to do more often, you can either continue paying for the service or you can get serious and take the time to learn how to host your own server. Generally, it will be much better to have the server hosted for you than to do it yourself on a residential internet connection.
建议很好~!细心