Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

admins_simple.ini

Post New Thread Reply   

Pinkfloyd
Old 01-24-2013 , 05:18   admins_simple.ini
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all.

Can someone just advise which takes presidence here?

We use on all our servers just the admins_simple.ini file to add admins on our servers.

However Sourcebans uses groups.

So after our install, which runs perfectly by the way and we love it, im just confused which, if at all, do I need to change to add new admins too.

Does the admins_simple.ini become redundant? If so, shall I just delete them all that are in this admins_simple.ini file now?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Last edited by Pinkfloyd; 01-24-2013 at 05:18.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 01-24-2013 , 11:32   Re: admins_simple.ini
Reply With Quote #2

admins_simple.ini will only be used now if the servers loose connection to sourcebans, so IMO you should just have the core admins IE your self and 1 or 2 others in the admins_simple.ini just in case but it is not required.
Old 01-24-2013 , 12:56   Re: admins_simple.ini
Reply With Quote #3

Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

In a normal world, in sourcemod people can use sourcemod groups or the standard adminsimple.ini file. Both do the same, but the groups is more comprehensive.

But with a "sourcebans" install put in place, if you dont use sourcemod groups, it creates these for you and uses them instead.

So my understanding is that soucebans creates server side "sourcemod" groups anyway. ( so if the server loses connection to a Web Interface to sourcebans site, the group controls should still work shouldnt they? ( except banning ) if the server loses connection to the WI & DB.

I'm really only interested in checking server functionality for the admins to use ingame, so if I change settings from the sourcebans web interface, it will update the gameserver group for each user. For example, I am adding in some custom commands to our server, so I just want to check if I need to add them to the groups AS WELL as the adminssimple.ini file or just the groups.

From what you say, seems fine, but needed to check.

Thanks
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 01-27-2013 , 22:09   admins_simple.ini
Reply With Quote #4

If connection to the SourceBans database is lost and sm_reloadadmins is run (or the server restarts), then admins won't be able to be loaded from SourceBans.

There's an option in the SourceBans config file that makes SB write admins to the admins.cfg file, but I've only had it work sometimes.
Old 01-31-2013 , 21:28   Re: admins_simple.ini
Reply With Quote #5

If the admin-flatfile.smx plugin is loaded, all settings in the admins.cfg, admin_groups.cfg, admin_overrides.cfg and admins_simple.ini are loaded. SourceBans just adds to these settings. So having an entry for STEAM_0:1:1 in your admins_simple.ini granting the "z" flag and having that same steamid in sourcebans with only the "a" flag will result in the admin having flags "az".