Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

medic917
Old 10-27-2014 , 03:53   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

end of reality doesn't seem very competitive. 60 dollars a month for 2 ram vds? I hope thats a typo lol.

frag ready has a dedicated server that seems great compared to nfo though, 8 gb ram for 60 bucks.
I just don't know how that will compare to nfo's "Four full, dedicated HT CPU cores" for 50 bucks.

Last edited by medic917; 10-27-2014 at 03:53.
medic917
Old 10-27-2014 , 03:56   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

nvm it seems like their Dual Quad L5420 2.5Ghz is similar to nfo's four core cpu.
Pitbull3
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2014 , 06:01   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
I have mine with frag ready.... they got great deals on dedicated boxes if you provide the OS at such a cheap price vs renting a instance of the game you can run several from one box for a little bit over the same price.

I haven't seen a ddos attack in a very long time as everyone gets em but if I had one it was gone in about 1 minute if I had one which again have been super rare.

Click on my link in the signature if you check em out.
I've got a friend who ordered a box from fragready. They don't offer proper DDoS mitigation or even protection all they do is nullroute.
Happy DODs player
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2014 , 13:52   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

I have the Dual Quad L5420 @ 2500Mhz.....

and have no problems with Fragready... Costs a month without help from them 70$

For 8 Cores, with 8 Gig enough for me and had some great help outs. So will stay with them.

On topic, to bad you ar DDOSSSD allot mate.
Old 10-27-2014 , 17:16   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
I've got a friend who ordered a box from fragready. They don't offer proper DDoS mitigation or even protection all they do is nullroute.
I've never had issues outside a random attack but it was usually mitigated in less than 60 seconds.

They are currently with a Tier2 Datacenter and doing a good job with them but are in the mix very soon I believe to move to a new Tier3 data center http://www.continuumdatacenters.com/cdc_603.html which should be very very huge in regards to speed, low latency and great reliability. I've been in talks with the owner of FragReady for a while now about this and very excited.

Ohh and no IP# will change with this move so its a win for everyone.
medic917
Old 10-29-2014 , 00:27   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Anyone use https://www.vilayer.com?
Looks competitive against nfoservers. At least for the vds.
Sumsar
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-02-2014 , 09:58   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
nfo provides virtually zero ddos protection
im looking at end of reality and fragready
As Horsedick said, FragReady is a very good alternative to nfo.

The best part is probably their support, they usually get back to you within a few hours.
nikooo777
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-02-2014 , 18:32   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

i'm surprised nobody nominated ovh so far. You can get servers with permanent DDoS protection and forget about these attacks.
Old 11-02-2014 , 20:10   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

I don't have any issues with NFO's Seattle servers. My servers were attacked on the east coast, I transferred to the west coast and haven't had any issues since.
Old 11-02-2014 , 21:03   Re: getting ddosed into oblivion need a new host with better mitigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikooo777 View Post
i'm surprised nobody nominated ovh so far. You can get servers with permanent DDoS protection and forget about these attacks.
OVH went out the window after I found out they have no servers in the USA lol

Last edited by PresidentEvil; 11-02-2014 at 21:03.
Closed Thread