Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2012 , 12:01   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #421

That shouldn't happen even if it's incompatible, you most likely installed it wrong, go over the steps again.

It's amazing how many people are getting the same issue due to not reading the instructions.
Old 05-31-2012 , 12:31   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #422

Oh god, I didn't understand how to install =(

Can anyone create a video? :\

Last edited by Beyonce Knowles; 05-31-2012 at 12:35.
marcus430
Old 06-09-2012 , 09:17   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #423

Please help . I compile jctf.sma and say error : /tmp/textgbKvvO.sma(64) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "orpheu_memory"
Thank ,
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 06-09-2012 , 09:27   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #424

Read the installation instructions again.

Last edited by wickedd; 06-14-2012 at 01:02.
FaTeR
Old 06-14-2012 , 00:50   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #425

Dear Hunter-Digital
First of all let me say thank you for creating this great plugin. I have been running your masterpiece on one of my servers for months and people like it very much. Combined with the map_spawns_editor plugin I can customize maps entirely to our liking.
Although there are some issues which should get changed:
1. Dynamic flag lights: can you include a CVAR in the next version which could turn off dynamic flag lighting? When a flag appears on the screen of any players the framerate drops dramatically. The lag it causes so serious that I doubt anyone can use these kind of lights without having problems with aiming. I found the relevant part in the.sma file and I turned off them but a CVAR would make the life easier for server owners willing to run this great mod. I know there is a client command what can turn it off but ordinary players just tend to not read or not understand the relevant messages on my server.
2. Berserk combo: The same is true when choosing berserk combo. All players try to use that combo only once. The lag caused by the pinky glow of berserk combo makes it totally disfunctional. The framerate drop is not too significant when a flag carrier appears on the screen but it still sensible. If you could replace these glows with sprites that would be fantastic. Suggestion: I am picturing a thick circle shape sprite dragged on the floor around the carrier/berserker.
That's it for now

Respect: FaTeR
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2012 , 14:00   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #426

Glad you like it.

1. Ok I'll upload a new version with the cvar :} but after you answer the 2nd thing...

2. I never heard of the glow models reducing FPS or lag O.o, it may be misinformation... the invisibility combo and players carying the flag also have the same glow, the only diference is size and color, which is irelevant to performance IMO :/

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 06-14-2012 at 14:01.
cdagjl
Old 06-20-2012 , 01:52   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #427

The game price change weapons, weapons modify was born
wickedd
Veteran Member
Old 06-20-2012 , 05:40   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #428

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdagjl View Post
The game price change weapons, weapons modify was born
What?
FaTeR
Old 06-25-2012 , 01:35   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32b
Reply With Quote #429

Hello Hunter-Digital
I am not the master of these technical things but in practice the problem with glows is present. As you said the size of glows are different. I think the more glow dropped to surrounding objects the bigger the framerate drop. As I said in my first post the glow of the flag carrier had to get turned off 'cause it caused serious problems with framerate and gameplay. With invisibility combo we do not have any problems. If the player using this combo would glow significantly he wouldn't be invisible. (I might be mistaken. I use crap laptops for gaming but players with normal gaming computers avoid using berserk too. I'll make survey in this question on the server. I do not dare to doubt your competence in this anyway ) I have also had experience with maps using similar or flashing lights. I changed my provider since then and the whole circus moved to a better hardware+linux combo but this issue remained.
Best Regards: FaTeR

77.111.218.204:27015 --------> StarDust CTF Public <--------[1000fps]VeryGames.co.uk
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-25-2012 , 17:42  
Reply With Quote #430

Well ok, I've added cvar for that too... it will damage the gameplay tough so you should first test without dynamic lights only and then remove glows if low FPS persists.

Minor version uploaded: v1.32c
Quote:
v1.32c:
* Changed files: jctf.sma
- Added ctf_dynamiclights cvar to enable server operators to disable dynamic lights by default, players can still re-enable them individually using /lights
- Added ctf_glows cvar to enable server operators to disable glows on entities for performance, however it will degrade gameplay due to lack of visual information
Cvars are untested tough.

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 06-25-2012 at 17:43.