Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[Question] queue waiting list

Post New Thread Reply   

Whoisnext
Old 03-20-2021 , 20:12   [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, is there a plugin like on Minecraft has queue to join, you have to wait for the person before you i have a link how that looks like but i don't know if this site allows 3th party pages/links.

-Or it can be done somehow with B flag but to not have reserved slot becuse its 10 slot server (mix) help me please

-Queue is a queue plugin that will prevent players from spam-joining a server, or will queue players when the server is full/restarting

Last edited by Whoisnext; 03-20-2021 at 20:19.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2021 , 01:46   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #2

A plugin for the server is only able to act upon clients/players that are connected to the server. It cannot do anything or know anything about players that are not yet in the server.

I think that the best you could do is to kick players when the join the server depending on some sort of criteria.

I don't know anything about Minecraft so I'm not entirely sure how it works but I expect that that feature is built into the the client side of the game already.
Old 03-21-2021 , 09:36   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #3

Is it possible to do it with 'Flag B (slot)' but to not have reserved slots on server do you think first will join the ones with slots or it won't matter?
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2021 , 09:44   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #4

He already explained to you that the plugin can't do anything before the player is connected.
The player can't connect unless there is a free slot.
There can't be a free slot if it's not reserved.
Old 03-21-2021 , 10:07   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #5

Lets say it this way, if its reserved and there is no one with slot flag can regular players still connect ? My point is that server is 10 slots (5v5 gameplay) and i want to make reserved slot but also to be able regular players to connect if there is no one waiting with Slot flag.
-if its 9/10 and there is 2 players waiting First to check or allow the slot one to join and if there is not a slot flag waiting to allow the regular player still to join on the last server slot
Can this be somehow done?

Last edited by Whoisnext; 03-21-2021 at 10:11.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2021 , 14:57   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #6

If the server is at 9/10 players, there aren't any players "waiting". If I click to join, I will join the server regardless of what flag I have.

Probably the best you could do is to kick all non-registered players until some other criteria is met (even a manual command to let anyone join) at which point you would let anyone join. Basically, it will be 10 reserved slots until you decide to turn off reservations.

Last edited by fysiks; 03-21-2021 at 14:58.
Whoisnext
Old 03-21-2021 , 17:51   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If the server is at 9/10 players, there aren't any players "waiting". If I click to join, I will join the server regardless of what flag I have.

Probably the best you could do is to kick all non-registered players until some other criteria is met (even a manual command to let anyone join) at which point you would let anyone join. Basically, it will be 10 reserved slots until you decide to turn off reservations.
My bad i mean 10/10 Sorry ,Is it gonna allow first to join the one with Priority(slot flag) , even tho there are players waiting without priorities (slot flag) is it possible

Last edited by Whoisnext; 03-21-2021 at 18:20.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2021 , 01:44   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #8

If the server is 10/10 then nobody can join. It's not possible to know if anyone is waiting to connect.
Old 03-22-2021 , 05:59   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
If the server is 10/10 then nobody can join. It's not possible to know if anyone is waiting to connect.
Okay Thanks i will try it anyway
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-22-2021 , 10:06   Re: [Question] queue waiting list
Reply With Quote #10

Source does that. It makes a box to automatically connect when somebody leaves a full server. That is a client-side feat. You could trying asking Valve!

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 03-22-2021 at 10:06.